Why We Lost is Simple

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fkn hate it. Reminds me of my under 10s
Something I always greatly discouraged as a coach. The player loses momentum and how can you possibly change direction or accelerate, etc if at least one foot isn't on the ground!
( Benji Marshall started it as I recall)

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So many key moments just go against us. Today it was BBOs grubber to nobody and Burns’ pass to nobody in the last couple minutes. We’ve now squandered 2 very winnable games with Melbourne up next
Burton not kicking on 5th after an entire set in their 30 not trying to score a try

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
C'mon, let's call it out for what it is.
Burton missing that easy conversion, I knew instantly that was going to be costly in those conditions. We had many chances to put them away and kept coming up short. At about the 70-75th minute mark and after many defending sets on our line and DCE getting repeat sets we weathered that storm and went down field to apply pressure and we came up with nothing. We had no game management.
Blame Barret all you want but let's not deflect the real reasons why we lost.

Last edited:

Doginator

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Max KING, one of our best from rounds 1 and 2. Gets 26 minutes of game time.. ridiculous.
He did top the offload stats in his 26 minutes though, go figure?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Max KING, one of our best from rounds 1 and 2. Gets 26 minutes of game time.. ridiculous.
He did top the offload stats in his 26 minutes though, go figure?
i think Hetherington going off stuffed up his rotations

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Propaganda war machine ground announcing hijacked the night.
Is this what Australia has come to?

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz STILL doesn't know how to rotate the bench.

Plus what's with all this poofy jump/dance bullshit before running?

Run onto the ball hard and straight you pussies.
The poofy dance bullshit was introduced so the defence will fall over pissing themselves laughing unable to get up.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Some one with some speed needs to watch for when Dufty comes in to the line. He breaks the line a few times every game and no one is with him. FFS, where is Baa when you need him.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You could be right but we need a bit longer yet to judge fairly.

He doesn't look comfortable and struggling with the difference in our team compared to Pennies.

Hynes has adapted and Burto needs to grab the bull by the horns also.
Hynes hasn't "adapted" he came from one well drilled team full of players with years of experience playing together to another well drilled team full of players with years of experience playing together.

Always a Bulldog

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hynes hasn't "adapted" he came from one well drilled team full of players with years of experience playing together to another well drilled team full of players with years of experience playing together.

Always a Bulldog
BS.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Baz STILL doesn't know how to rotate the bench.

Plus what's with all this poofy jump/dance bullshit before running?

Run onto the ball hard and straight you pussies.
It's a legacy of the Castle CEO era - our players have become woke.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like thats about the best we can do. We need 2 halfbacks and 2 dummy halves rotating to try and get a satisfactory 80 minutes out of both those positions! :grinning:

We've been saying the 7 needs to help Burton more....but looks like Burton needs to help himself a bit more and make things happen.
Too much expectation on Burton & that’s how he’s playing. Besides a game managing 7, our attack will improve immensely with better dummy half service…..& a ball playing #13.
Only then will we see the best of Burton/Naden/JAC.

At this stage I don’t think Baz has the gumption to make these crucial changes. 7 Flanagan 13 Stimson 9 J Cook

Hopefully all 3 had blinders last night & Baz picks on merit….

Succes has many fathers failure is an orphan..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Too much expectation on Burton & that’s how he’s playing. Besides a game managing 7, our attack will improve immensely with better dummy half service…..& a ball playing #13.
Only then will we see the best of Burton/Naden/JAC.

At this stage I don’t think Baz has the gumption to make these crucial changes. 7 Flanagan 13 Stimson 9 J Cook

Hopefully all 3 had blinders last night & Baz picks on merit….

Succes has many fathers failure is an orphan..
Yes but with so many changes, that's unlikely to happen.

It's virtually saying the pre-season he oversaw was near on wasted.

Unless of course he had these guys in these positions in training sessions to cover for injuries, Covid etc. (Too much to ask?)

Maybe one or 2 further changes would be realistic with Barrett at the helm.

Stimson may get his chance now that Hetho is injured. He wont change up JMK in a fit :grinning: and Flanno waits for Wakes to fail.