News Why Trent Barrett is ready to be Canterbury Bulldog’s next coach

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only negative to Baz coming is that we will never get Hastings... He's going to be a great coach for us, had DesBall and idiot Pay for years with forwards dictating play, it's going to be so good to have a half in charge for once.
He’s rubbish id rather burton over hastings

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hasler was a half?
Hooker as far as I'm aware. But my point is he had our forwards dictate play and that hasn't stopped even since he's departed

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We gotta stop thinking ‘right for the club’ for a coach. We thought Pay was that? End of the day we need a coach that’s going to help improve junior development, and win games on the footy field.
There wouldn’t be ONE coach that would’ve made a difference to our club after the Des era left us with NO salary cap to buy decent players and leave us with no room to move in our cap and players well past their best but being paid more each year they as they were signed on ridiculous back ended contracts. James Graham being a classic example of that. He was great for us when he first came to the club but oppositions had worked him out and he was then on 900K or more for the last year of his contract with us. That’s why they had to move him on and still pay out his contract while playing for Saints. Same with MBye and a few others. We were fucked for a number of years until these contracts had been paid out. That didn’t happen until now. So I can’t see how PAY is to be blamed for that. We’ve had a horror run with injuries and suspensions as well, yet everyone seems to think Barrett will be our savior.

He’s still happy at Penrith and they don’t want to lose him so I’m not convinced it’s a done deal as so many in the media seem to think.

Channel 9 were even suggesting in having Gus Gould on as an advisor! We’re trying to rebuild the club NOT destroy it. Gus still hasn’t forgotten the war of ‘97 and doesn’t like those teams that sided against the ARL back then. Listening to his commentary of the Rorters and what he’d done to Penrith only highlights that.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
nah, most of his career at 7
There you go I always thought it was Toovey and Lyons in the halves ... Born in 92 and didn't really understand what was going on until 2000 haha

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
There wouldn’t be ONE coach that would’ve made a difference to our club after the Des era left us with NO salary cap to buy decent players and leave us with no room to move in our cap and players well past their best but being paid more each year they as they were signed on ridiculous back ended contracts. James Graham being a classic example of that. He was great for us when he first came to the club but oppositions had worked him out and he was then on 900K or more for the last year of his contract with us. That’s why they had to move him on and still pay out his contract while playing for Saints. Same with MBye and a few others. We were fucked for a number of years until these contracts had been paid out. That didn’t happen until now. So I can’t see how PAY is to be blamed for that. We’ve had a horror run with injuries and suspensions as well, yet everyone seems to think Barrett will be our savior.

He’s still happy at Penrith and they don’t want to lose him so I’m not convinced it’s a done deal as so many in the media seem to think.

Channel 9 were even suggesting in having Gus Gould on as an advisor! We’re trying to rebuild the club NOT destroy it. Gus still hasn’t forgotten the war of ‘97 and doesn’t like those teams that sided against the ARL back then. Listening to his commentary of the Rorters and what he’d done to Penrith only highlights that.
Gus would be great for us imo . Wether you agree with his methods or not at least we'd have a clear direction off the field

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fuck CHN, just another dumb grub that happens to play a bit of footy. If we actually have a war chest, he can tell his story walking and we will sign someone better or reward someone like Schouup.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Barrett comes, we will need a supporting defence coach. Also a priority is a professional fitness coach. Our team came out at the beginning of the year looked very flat and unfit. Penriths box today 5 plus coaches. We need the same. Time for a OMealey type to be added. Reserve grade maybe? We need the office write as well as the engine room with mongrel and aggressive like parra. That hurts to say

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There you go I always thought it was Toovey and Lyons in the halves ... Born in 92 and didn't really understand what was going on until 2000 haha
Hasler was the Manly half in the 80's during the golden era of halfbacks. He was on the 2nd tier of halves with Kevin Hastings, Greg Alexander, Gary Freeman, Tommy Raudonikis etc. Mortimer and Sterling were in a class of their own and ruled that decade. Back then Hasler said Mortimer was his idol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@Bazildog TBAZ ANNOUNCEMENT ON TUESDAY, YOU READY?!!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Bazildog TBAZ ANNOUNCEMENT ON TUESDAY, YOU READY?!!
Nothing to be ready for as I am not the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs, just a one of its fans who wants whats best for it. Bringing in Voldemort is not what I think is best.

If you do then good for you, but as I believe in Club first and foremost I wont stop supporting our team and club EVEN THOUGH I think it is a monumental mistake. If they do announce it you wont hear a word from me blaming him for any outcome as he simply excepted a job offer. My beef will be with the fuckwits that gave it to him.

If it happens and he somehow is a success, I hate to tell you mate but I will stoked as a fan and will also happily cop I told you so from the forums best toldyaso's

Until then, fuck him, fuck the board and fuck the Barrett lovers.