News WHY SMITH THINKS THE BULLDOGS ARE "TWO TO THREE YEARS" OFF SUCCESS

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't take any notice of what that cheating, grubby **** says. I don't even know why his name was mentioned because it should never be spoken of in a Bulldogs site. He is the Voldemort of the Rugba Leeg world.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Smith has no clue as to whats possible. I'm not going to bet everything I own on us getting a premiership next season. But our backline will have more strike power in it next year than we've had since before Hasler was here and we blew the budget on forwards. We'll have one of the most promising young halves looking to step into the limelight after being overshadowed at Penrith. I still think we're likely to get a few upgrades in the forwards and hopefully a gun hooker. depending on how our recruitment goes we may well surprise a lot of critics.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
blood shed aside, I have broken furniture watching sport... had my old man run in one time screaming: "You little motherf*+#er! You're smashing sh*t like it's someone else's!"
Haahaahaa, been there, done that, doing that lol.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bullshit!! Look at the Roosters who went out and bought SBW, Maloney, Moa, Jennings, Luke O'Donnell..

If we bought Paps, Cheese, Haas and Staggs, we'd instantly be challenging for the premiership.
Agreed. You just need a good coach and half a dozen top notch players like Burton and JAC and you can turn a team around. But our squad also lacks good forwards and a good spine. Flanagan was meant to bolster our spine and hethro and Waddell were meant to bolster our forwards but unfortunately they have not delivered.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Smith just telling us what we've been told for the past 4-5 years - so where is this result he speaks of?

Just got into Winton tonight, so this is the first opportunity to catch up with the Kennel.
Went to a performance in the main street by Opera Qld - they performed music by Mozart, Monteverdi, Puccini, Slim Dusty and Dolly Parton.
I know; but it is outback Qld. Better than watching the Dogs lose another game.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Smith just telling us what we've been told for the past 4-5 years - so where is this result he speaks of?

Just got into Winton tonight, so this is the first opportunity to catch up with the Kennel.
Went to a performance in the main street by Opera Qld - they performed music by Mozart, Monteverdi, Puccini, Slim Dusty and Dolly Parton.
I know; but it is outback Qld. Better than watching the Dogs lose another game.
How was the opera treatment of Dusty and Parton?

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's not wrong but comparing his success in 06 - 10 is a farce. They were literally rorting the cap for all those years of success.

The Storm would not have been anywhere near as successful as they are today if they weren't afforded almost half a decade of cheating.

In retrospect we also had a similar timeline to the Storm, we just made poor recruitment choices and invested in quick fixes as opposed to our development system after we got ravaged by the Roosters when they successfully poached our entire forward pack and then we also had the SBW walkout.

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
just cheat the cap to keep your best 3 players while the rest walk into a revolving door of promises

its pretty easy, come on guys

SKY-DOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wasn’t it noddy breaking his cheek bone from
Memory?
Yep That’s right bro I forgot, he broke it against the warriors, I think that was El magic’s last farewell game and got rushed back for the preliminary.

I just can’t stand smith talking about a rebuild to success when we know it can be done with the right management and recruitment.

We did it before and we will do it again.

With a bit of luck I honestly believe we could have won premierships in
1994, 1998, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2014.

It been really difficult over the last few years but we really need to push for the top 8 next year. It just has to be done and no excuses.

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep That’s right bro I forgot, he broke it against the warriors, I think that was El magic’s last farewell game and got rushed back for the preliminary.

I just can’t stand smith talking about a rebuild to success when we know it can be done with the right management and recruitment.

We did it before and we will do it again.

With a bit of luck I honestly believe we could have won premierships in
1994, 1998, 2002, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2014.

It been really difficult over the last few years but we really need to push for the top 8 next year. It just has to be done and no excuses.
Imagine the timeline where we won 2014, Souths would be in the shitter, Hodko and Jeynolds would have been Grand final heroes on top of Origin legends that year

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
NRL legend Cameron Smith believes the Canterbury Bulldogs are "two to three years" off being competitive. The Bulldogs are currently in a transition phase under new coach Trent Barrett, and with just one win this season, they’re looking like the favourites to pick up the wooden spoon. After signing Matt Burton, Josh Addo-Carr and Brent Naden for next season, Smith thinks the club needs to think long-term for success as their current situation "won't change overnight". “It’s not a quick fix, that’s the first thing you need to understand,” Smith said on SEN 1170 Breakfast with Vossy. “It’s not going to change over night, you can’t really turn the situation around in half a season. “You have got to think long-term now, and you have got to start building your squad together where you think you’re going to be very competitive or a chance to be a part of finals at least in two to three years.” Smith likened the Bulldogs poor form to that of the Melbourne Storm in 2002, the year before Craig Bellamy joined the club and molded the franchise into what it is today. “I know that’s the vision Craig Bellamy had when he joined the Storm,” Smith said. “We finished 9th in 2002, he then joined at the end of that year, heading into the ‘03 season. “There were deficiencies that he saw in our squad. “He knew that it was going to take time and a lot of hard work to get to the goal that everyone is chasing, which is playing in a Grand final and winning a premiership. That took a few years to get to. In ‘03, ‘04, ‘05 where we were thereabouts, and then it all clicked and came together in ‘06, ‘07 ‘08 and ‘09 and it’s just gone from strength to strength since.” The Bulldogs go in search of their second win of the season around against a David Fifita-less Gold Coast Titans side at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday.
He should come on board next year and help us out