Why Roosters’ David Fifita pursuit could force Latrell Mitchell to fly the coop

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It looks like we will paying 3 x $500k for fatso Leilua.
They've worn me down with no signings.

I'm ready to accept any new signings, in the backline, who can make a break/palm off a defender and pass to Smith :grinning:

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's where we need to be putting our big $$$, most of the players around the spine at the club are already more than capable enough of doing a job while continuing to improve as individuals and as a team with key recruits around them.

DWZ has this season to improve, i've i've previously he does some things very well at fullback but like you said we really need a ball playing option there these days, if he can't do the job then someone else needs to come in and do it instead.

It’s a gamble to wait and see if any elite spine player comes into the market. And if they do,there’s no guarantee even with the amount of cash we got we’ll land them. Gotta go for the here and now to improve the squad and not just sit back and wait. (Mind you, we’ll prob don’t land them either) In the mean time, the current Squad gets older and then you find yourself looking at more needs. The window for a premiership doesn’t stay open too long. Otherwise it’s a complete rebuild again.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s a gamble to wait and see if any elite spine player comes into the market. And if they do,there’s no guarantee even with the amount of cash we got we’ll land them. Gotta go for the here and now to improve the squad and not just sit back and wait. (Mind you, we’ll prob don’t land them either) In the mean time, the current Squad gets older and then you find yourself looking at more needs. The window for a premiership doesn’t stay open too long. Otherwise it’s a complete rebuild again.
No doubt we need to make changes to the rest of the squad as time goes on, but a million + for players outside key positions? No thanks. Maybe if we already had a few key positions nailed down then sure but instead we got blokes like Lewis and a crippled Foran.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt we need to make changes to the rest of the squad as time goes on, but a million + for players outside key positions? No thanks. Maybe if we already had a few key positions nailed down then sure but instead we got blokes like Lewis and a crippled Foran.
Key personnel is imperative sometimes in team sport, it’s not necessarily key positions. Of course Foran being injury prone doesn’t help. Lewis can be fitted into the system though. Not a fan of his that much, but he can play a role if surrounded by the right systems. Team dynamics work and respond differently to your approach. I agree somewhat to your argument but Its far more complex to break it down in black and white.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Key personnel is imperative sometimes in team sport, it’s not necessarily key positions. Of course Foran being injury prone doesn’t help. Lewis can be fitted into the system though. Not a fan of his that much, but he can play a role if surrounded by the right systems. Team dynamics work and respond differently to your approach. I agree somewhat to your argument but Its far more complex to break it down in black and white.
If we're going out of our way to try and fit Lewis into a system then we're defenitely heading in the wrong direction. At best he's a bit part utility, shouldn't be anything more than that unless he makes major strides forward in his game.

Our spine as it is right now is by far and away the biggest weakness, spending millions outside of it isn't going to change much because our main points of attack will still be as ineffective as ever. Our current spine consists of one genuine ball player and at best two genuine ball runners....we don't even have a proper playmaker that can get on the ball and manage a game, that simply isn't good enough.

Breaking things down further and we really have no one with genuine footwork and pace that other top sides have through the spine, not even exaggerating when I say the CHN probably has better footwork than out entire backline and spine.

We have a few highly rated kids coming through, especially a few in the backrow, no need to recruit outside and potentially block their path and clog our cap. We need to be smarter and spend up big where we have little talent or experience and not just look to recruit the next big thing in whatever position on mega dollars just because they're available.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They've worn me down with no signings.

I'm ready to accept any new signings, in the backline, who can make a break/palm off a defender and pass to Smith :grinning:
SBW needs to just come back for a year and get players interested and start the ball rolling...!! It would actually benefit our club.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
SBW needs to just come back for a year and get players interested and start the ball rolling...!! It would actually benefit our club.
Probably be a good thing I guess.

We need to hit the season running with some sort of x factor to get some real interest in the Dogs and eventually back to being a major force.

If we are on the nose to player managers, I'm concerned. This is an area we desperately need to foster to help us. Once was a time they all can running with prospects cos they respected us....seems thats fallen by the wayside.

slydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't think we have much choice in paying players extra to come to our club in our current situation and roster , in saying that in a few years playing better footy I think players would come for what there worth