News Why pursuit of Fifita won't impact on top Dog Jackson's new deal

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I can't see there being a spot for Elliott moving forwards. He's nowhere near as good as: CHN/RFM/Jackson (when they are in form). Then we have other guys coming through that show promise.

With Stimson and Britt purchased, and Chris Smith re-signed, I can't see Elliott getting a look in past his current contract.

He isn't leaving Brisbane.
He already did... when he went to Bali :D

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
word is that Roosters were considering making an offer but realised it could be the one that brought the sombrero undone
Pity, I thought his vegan love-making version of Sweet Caroline would've been a hit in the Eastern Suburbs.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Next year I'd have Elliott in our 13. If we sign someone like Fifita (haha...) Elliott would be very valuable off the bench. I don't see him leaving unless he demands too much money (from the majority of people's opinions on here he's not going to have many offers from rival clubs...) I personally think CHN is at more risk than Elliott with the signing of Stimson. Competition is good tho.

I've said this a few times Jackson should be re-signed for two to three years on 600-700k. Elliott somewhere between 300-400k. I'd be happy with that.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we talking about the same Elliott?

The one that mistakens the sideline for the tryline?

Chn vs Elliott, you are dead set joking mate.
Fifita isn't leaving. Especially not for us. Thompson will probably end up at Souths if they miss out on Arrow.

Re-signing Elliott would be a terrible decision. At this rate I can see the club re-signing everyone from our immortal 11th placed squad for 2021 with a few underwhelming signings sprinkled in... Soon there'll be barely any cap space left anyway.
Next year I'd have Elliott in our 13. If we sign someone like Fifita (haha...) Elliott would be very valuable off the bench. I don't see him leaving unless he demands too much money (from the majority of people's opinions on here he's not going to have many offers from rival clubs...) I personally think CHN is at more risk than Elliott with the signing of Stimson. Competition is good tho.

I've said this a few times Jackson should be re-signed for two to three years on 600-700k. Elliott somewhere between 300-400k. I'd be happy with that.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well we will deffinetly win canterbury cup next year. Dont worry about our spine in first grade though.
Fifita running over holland is all where gonna see

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Are we talking about the same Elliott?

The one that mistakens the sideline for the tryline?

Chn vs Elliott, you are dead set joking mate.
I don't see the hate for Elliott (nor do analysts that I respect). CHN can only play Second Row whereas I can see Elliott playing Lock, Second Row or Prop. I'd have 11. CHN, 12. Jackson, 13. Elliott, 17. Stimson/Smith. CHN was in and out of the team last year, Elliott wasn't. Backs up what I'm saying. CHN is at more risk of losing his spot to Stimson than Elliott imo (I think they will both start the season).

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: he doesn’t come to Belmont . Resigns with broncod

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hilarious stuff on Elliott.

The man that single handedly brought the club to its knees, sponsors walked and our brand went down the shit hole.

The man that got picked week in and week out,even though bog average, underperforming and cost us wins because of his stupidity in his discipline in giving away a mountain of penalties, or dropping countless balls at crucial times or his specialty running sideways into the touchline...

Is that the adam Elliott you speak of?

I don't see the hate for Elliott (nor do analysts that I respect). CHN can only play Second Row whereas I can see Elliott playing Lock, Second Row or Prop. I'd have 11. CHN, 12. Jackson, 13. Elliott, 17. Stimson/Smith. CHN was in and out of the team last year, Elliott wasn't. Backs up what I'm saying. CHN is at more risk of losing his spot to Stimson than Elliott imo (I think they will both start the season).

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hilarious stuff on Elliott.

The man that single handedly brought the club to its knees, sponsors walked and our brand went down the shit hole.

The man that got picked week in and week out,even though bog average, underperforming and cost us wins because of his stupidity in his discipline in giving away a mountain of penalties, or dropping countless balls at crucial times or his specialty running sideways into the touchline...

Is that the adam Elliott you speak of?
First point almost irrelevant to me.

You think he's "bog average". You're not the one selecting the team. I honestly don't see what you (and the majority to be fair) see that warrants how much hate he gets. Yes, I acknowledge he ran over the sideline against the Broncos. Also pretty sure CHN gave away more penalties than Elliott (unless PC doesn't mean Penalties Conceded).

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fifita won’t leave the broncos, although stranger things have happened, I just don’t see it.. and if he did I would be VERY surprised if he came to us. Maybe when we are a force again in a few years,and can attract players and pick an chose. but not at this Point in time unfortunately..!!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very irrelevant to you?

Major sponsors won't touch us with a 10foot pole...it's a hard sell after mad Monday

How many games did chn win for us? Or try assists and actual trys?

What about your mate Elliott?

First point almost irrelevant to me.

You think he's "bog average". You're not the one selecting the team. I honestly don't see what you (and the majority to be fair) see that warrants how much hate he gets. Yes, I acknowledge he ran over the sideline against the Broncos. Also pretty sure CHN gave away more penalties than Elliott (unless PC doesn't mean Penalties Conceded).

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Very irrelevant to you?

Major sponsors won't touch us with a 10foot pole...it's a hard sell after mad Monday
He shouldn't of done what he (and others) did but the media literally invaded Mad Monday (cameras on poles to see, etc). I feel like everyone is also over the incident. I'm looking at the player, I don't really care so much about that stuff as long as it doesn't enter the field. We have a good leadership group so I back them.

Ones a Lock in the middle of the field the other is a Second Rower running of one of the best Five-Eighth's in the game when fit? There is more to the game then tries. Elliott puts in more effort than CHN. That's one of the main reasons why he's always picked and wasn't dropped (unlike?).

I never really wanted to make this an Elliott vs CHN (I like both of them). It's more Stimson vs Elliott/CHN.

Last edited:

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Irrespective about how the footage was sourced...

It painted a very ugly picture, and some home truths about the real behaviour off the field of certain players..
Bulldogs DNA, think not.

Is this the type of people we want wearing a dogs jersey, representing us ?

Its about respect, maturity, and yes leadership...

So whenever this bloke opens his trap about the bulldogs like he did today talking about player contracts and Jacko....well I have no respect for his opinion , nor his leadership qualities and I still question his maturity..

He shouldn't of done what he (and others) did but the media literally invaded Mad Monday (cameras on poles to see, etc). I feel like everyone is also over the incident. I'm looking at the player, I don't really care so much about that stuff as long as it doesn't enter the field. We have a good leadership group so I back them.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Irrespective about how the footage was sourced...

It painted a very ugly picture, and some home truths about the real behaviour off the field of certain players..
Bulldogs DNA, think not.

Is this the type of people we want wearing a dogs jersey, representing us ?
It happens and was happening at every club. We/Elliott were just the unlucky ones to get caught. You take that away and he's almost everything Bulldogs. You can literally see he bleeds blue and white on the field. You need a few players like that.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If it means Elliot leaves the dogs immediately then I definitely don’t want jacko re-signed now
He’s the teachers pet, picks up everyone’s bags, prob does the coffee run, sucks everyone’s arse no end limited footballer (and I use the term footballer loosely)
Supporting the dogs for 30 years next year and he’s in my top 3 most hated players.
The favouritism and gigs this guy gets on the back of our club pisses me right off
He’s the new generation Gary Warburton imo

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It happens and was happening at every club. We/Elliott were just the unlucky ones to get caught. You take that away and he's almost everything Bulldogs. You can literally see he bleeds blue and white on the field. You need a few players like that.
The only thing he bleeds is mediocrity, sideways runs, missed tackles, butterfingers flog, penalty machine muppet.
He should’ve been sacked after mad Monday incident.
And if you don’t believe there is a direct affect of no major sponsor and his antics than I will give it away.