Why Payne Hass was suspended - Mother pleads guilty to assault.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
https://amp.9news.com.au/article/d4f1c5c1-e5c3-47df-a23c-765e1ed22882

Punches raining down’: NRL star’s mum in vicious bashing of delivery driver
By Pippa Bradshaw - 13 hours ago
Parents are supposed to lead by example, but not this footy star’s mum.
An up-and-coming NRL star’s mother has taken part in a vicious road rage attack.

Joan Taufua, mother of imposing Broncos player Payne Haas, has pleaded guilty over an attack that left a delivery driver with serious facial injuries.

Speaking about the incident for the first time, driver Keith Tyler told A Current Affair Ms Taufua was “certainly the most aggressive, not just female, but person I’ve ever come across in my life”.

A delivery driver filmed a shocking road rage attack that left him with a number of injuries. (A Current Affair)
He said the attack occurred as he was completing his normal delivery run at a shopping centre, driving through the carpark to get to the loading dock.

"As I proceeded forward to join a queue of traffic, I noticed a vehicle coming out," he said.

"It was too late to actually let it out, it was coming out of a one-way street the wrong way."

Driver Keith Tyler with his wife, Rachel. (A Current Affair)
He claimed the female driver and some of her passengers then started hurling abuse out of the window, and that the vehicle had followed him into the loading dock.

"At that point I really thought I'd just get a mouthful from somebody and I'd go on with my day," he said.

He filmed as people from the car approached his window, and as they walked away, he got out to get their registration plate.

Mr Tyler suffered a broken nose and cheekbone. (A Current Affair)

But the group see him, turn around and approach him again.

In the exclusively obtained footage, Ms Taufua is seen storming towards Mr Tyler moments before his phone is knocked out of his hands and a brutal attack follows.

“Out of my left eye I could physically see my cheek out here, my nose didn't feel right as well,” Mr Tyler said.

Taufua denied the attack happened when approached by A Current Affair. (A Current Affair)

"I remember the guy holding my head, and his knee kept coming up to my face," he said.

"And I remember punches raining down on me."

Bystanders called an ambulance which rushed Mr Tyler to hospital.

He said a doctor told him he'd suffered a broken nose, a broken cheek, and that his teeth had gone through his lip.

Taufua is the mother of Brisbane Broncos player Payne Haas. (A Current Affair)

Ms Taufua denied the attack took place when approached by A Current Affair reporter Pippa Bradshaw.

“Why would you ask questions if you don't know anything about it,” Ms Taufua said.

She was charged with assault occasioning bodily harm while in company, and has pleaded guilty.

Taufua has pleaded guilty to the attack. (A Current Affair)

She has also pleaded guilty to two other assault charges relating to a junior rugby league match last year.

Payne Haas was recently interviewed by police over the matter, but lawyer Campbell Macallum said Haas had broken up part of the fight and police were not looking to charge him at this stage.

However, Haas was suspended for four matches and fined $20,000 after refusing to cooperate with the NRL Integrity Commission over the matter.

It has also been reported by 9News that Haas has recently pleaded guilty to driving unlicensed on his way to training.

© Nine Digital Pty Ltd 2019

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Farout hope this kid is different from his drop kick mum.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So I thought this bloke was Philippino, but his mum is a hefa, and surname is Taufua...

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So how was Payne Hass involved and why was he fined again?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So how was Payne Hass involved and why was he fined again?
He had a separate incident before the season and also just recently was caught driving without a licence while on his phone, but he wasn't punished for that and rightly so.

I'm unsure what the first incident was that got him 4 games.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He had a separate incident before the season

I'm unsure what the first incident was that got him 4 games.
It's the same incident, as in this thread.

His Mum is a major concern.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So in other words, he wouldn't snitch on his mum?
Yep.

But he should have faced the integrity unit & say I don't remember.

But because he refused, he had to be punished.

Imagine the up roar, just on here if the Broncos did nothing.

There was uproar here that he didn't face the integrity unit.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Really? Is that what he was banned for? That's pretty harsh!
It was harsh, but he should have 'spoken' to the integrity unit.

I think a fine was sufficient.

To be honest, I am worried about Haas & his attitude.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Yeah true. But it hasn't affected his performances. Two huge minute games for a young kid in the middle is insane and he's been great.

With him, TPJ, Fifita and Ofahengue, Brisbane have four of the most exciting forward prospects in the comp.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

I’m worried about how much he’ll score in SC this week considering about 99% of players have drafted him in...

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Hopefully the bushpig slapper has a run-in with some chick uglier and more unhinged than herself and gets her head smashed in. Too many vermin arsewipes in society, need to weed them out.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wow.!! Shocking to say the least !!

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There lucky it was that driver and not some mad **** that stabbs her in eye with a fork. Guttless *****. Fuck payne haas dont want them fuck wits representing my state and country. Give the **** to queensland.