Why Not Johnson

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
^^^ i literally barely fucken understand a word of that whole post :tearsofjoy:

As for Johnson did someone say 800k fuckaduck!! PASS i'm not sure we should be spending up on a halfback at all, too soon? but if the club decided yes(doubtful)then Reynolds is a far better option..a grimy little prick who would be totally forgiven and loved if wearing our colours.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we need an experienced old head player at least somewhere in the spine. Regardless of talent an entirely young spine will always struggle imo. I’d consider Johnson, but Baz will never swallow pride and replace Flano

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
What about throwing 600 at Luke brooks to guide them

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
SJ will probably end up in Canberra.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan will be better with a strong 6 to partner with. He is young and proven he cannot solely direct a team around the park yet. We will start to get our moneys worth with Flanagan next year.
You'd want to hope so, hes been absolutely awful in 2021. No last tackle options, hardly makes any yardage when kicking for touch and is too scared to take the line on. He's a shell of what he was at the roosters - and even then he was mediocre at best. He'd be a good fit at Mounties if we can secure another decent half to partner Burto, or play Burton at 7 and Averillo at 6

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All,
If the rumours are true then hopefully we have Brandon Smith to add to Foxx, Burton and Naden. I don't know if I can stand watching Flanagan's kicking game and lack of direction in this squad. Foxx, DWZ, Allan, Naden, Cotric, Burton, ? Thompson, B Smith, RFM, Elliot, Jackson, Averillo, Topine, Hetherington, Okunbor, Renouf.
Everyone has been talking about the halfback musical chairs (Moses, Reynolds, DCE). But why wouldn't we have a crack at Shaun Johnson?
Imagine him and Burton in the halves, with the cheese carving up the middle. Deitz or JMK could come off the bench while the cheese goes to lock.... it seems right to me.
I would say no I have a lot of faith in Burton and Averillo as our long term halves, once they gell and with a good no9 watch out. Pluss I would keep Lewis as a backup.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
An aging injury prone half we dont need, on big coin. Sign him up.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Johnson’s best is past him. Injury prone and not worth investing $800K that he wants per season.
Agree not worth that, but if you believe the media doesn't appear to be in the sharks plans, warriors knocked him back. So don't think he has that many options if we could get him for say 400-500 I reckon it's worth it.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shaun Johnson will NEVER win a Premiership.

Just something about him and his game that looks Allgood during the season, but when crunch games come up he gets found wanting. Pretty much every single time.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is on the wrong side of 30 he will want too dollar we have to stick with flanno and burton we need forwards who can help get a roll on and decent hooker who can control the ruck

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Suggesting to sign a 32 year old coming off an Achilles injury should be almost ban worthy. Some really dumb ideas coming out of this group. If anyone listens to Barrett, we won’t be signing any +30 players. It’s why we were never truly interested in Clarke cause he’s almost there

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi All,
If the rumours are true then hopefully we have Brandon Smith to add to Foxx, Burton and Naden. I don't know if I can stand watching Flanagan's kicking game and lack of direction in this squad. Foxx, DWZ, Allan, Naden, Cotric, Burton, ? Thompson, B Smith, RFM, Elliot, Jackson, Averillo, Topine, Hetherington, Okunbor, Renouf.
Everyone has been talking about the halfback musical chairs (Moses, Reynolds, DCE). But why wouldn't we have a crack at Shaun Johnson?
Imagine him and Burton in the halves, with the cheese carving up the middle. Deitz or JMK could come off the bench while the cheese goes to lock.... it seems right to me.
I said Johnson last year , would be a fine signing for the doggies .!!! But now it seems the injury’s may have started to take a toll.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Ahh the great masquerade that is Shaun Johnson! The bloke who got marquee money his whole career based on un-delivered potential and never did anything apart for a random game here and there.