Why Not Johnson

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hi All,
If the rumours are true then hopefully we have Brandon Smith to add to Foxx, Burton and Naden. I don't know if I can stand watching Flanagan's kicking game and lack of direction in this squad. Foxx, DWZ, Allan, Naden, Cotric, Burton, ? Thompson, B Smith, RFM, Elliot, Jackson, Averillo, Topine, Hetherington, Okunbor, Renouf.
Everyone has been talking about the halfback musical chairs (Moses, Reynolds, DCE). But why wouldn't we have a crack at Shaun Johnson?
Imagine him and Burton in the halves, with the cheese carving up the middle. Deitz or JMK could come off the bench while the cheese goes to lock.... it seems right to me.

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hi All,
If the rumours are true then hopefully we have Brandon Smith to add to Foxx, Burton and Naden. I don't know if I can stand watching Flanagan's kicking game and lack of direction in this squad. Foxx, DWZ, Allan, Naden, Cotric, Burton, ? Thompson, B Smith, RFM, Elliot, Jackson, Averillo, Topine, Hetherington, Okunbor, Renouf.
Everyone has been talking about the halfback musical chairs (Moses, Reynolds, DCE). But why wouldn't we have a crack at Shaun Johnson?
Imagine him and Burton in the halves, with the cheese carving up the middle. Deitz or JMK could come off the bench while the cheese goes to lock.... it seems right to me.
Na jmk is shit deitz Yh and na cotric and flanno and allan were the shittiest signings in 2021

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've never been that much of a fan of Johnson. Always thought he was way too hyped up for what he delivers and to top that off he's about as injury prone as Foran was for us. Always thought that Johnson was nothing more than a decent ball runner with a poor kicking game for an expensive half.

So personally I'd vote no if I got a vote on this. But it's also fairly pointless to discuss this on the off chance that he might become available if several other player movements happen first. I'm assuming that he's not even being shopped around and that this is a 'what if' thread.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I've never been that much of a fan of Johnson. Always thought he was way too hyped up for what he delivers and to top that off he's about as injury prone as Foran was for us. Always thought that Johnson was nothing more than a decent ball runner with a poor kicking game for an expensive half.

So personally I'd vote no if I got a vote on this. But it's also fairly pointless to discuss this on the off chance that he might become available if several other player movements happen first. I'm assuming that he's not even being shopped around and that this is a 'what if' thread.
They want Reynolds and SJ hasnt spoken to fitz and he did speak up. I guarantee hes a free agent

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I would take Johnson in a heart beat, before he got injured he was the soul of that Sharks side.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hi All,
fuk me the dumb posts on here, we already have flannigan and burton signed, plus wakeham another year, where the fuck we going to play him

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gun player will improve our attack out of sight.. he was leading nrl try assists in a dud sharks side last year..

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
11 years in the NRL and still inconsistent. He is not what we need.

At least with Adam Reynolds, you know what you're going to get. Great organiser, best kicking game in the comp, experience.

Reynolds would be better value for money and
compliment Burton.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So you would prefer Flanagan at half than Shaun johnson or adam reynolds?

Coach steve at it again.
Flanagan will be better with a strong 6 to partner with. He is young and proven he cannot solely direct a team around the park yet. We will start to get our moneys worth with Flanagan next year.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Johnson is rocks or diamonds week to week, throw in some serious injuries and he becomes a huge risk.

in saying that, if he had one decent injury free season he would be astute buying at the right cash...Unfortunately the risk is he comes and becomes our new Foran.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Flanagan will be better with a strong 6 to partner with. He is young and proven he cannot solely direct a team around the park yet. We will start to get our moneys worth with Flanagan next year.
What is flanagan good at?

707_2Belmore

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is flanagan good at?
1 thing I noticed he was great at with the chooks was his support play, whenever a half break was made he was always there trailing in support and it often lead to his tries

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you would prefer Flanagan at half than Shaun johnson or adam reynolds?

Coach steve at it again.
Flanagan is finding his feet. He's not a Sam Walker but he can be an effective half to get us around the field...and be encouraged to work harder on his long kicking game and speed off the mark to take the line on. Most halfbacks don't mature till 25/26.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No for me injury prone long in the tooth wants too much definately a no

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
11 years in the NRL and still inconsistent. He is not what we need.

At least with Adam Reynolds, you know what you're going to get. Great organiser, best kicking game in the comp, experience.

Reynolds would be better value for money and
compliment Burton.

He was consistent af last year guy was killing it every week in an average team, But we cant go there anyway flano is on decent coin for the next 3 years were stuck with him.

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hi All,
Johnson is poison. Even his ex warrior teammates don’t want him back. He is not a team player and tends to disrupt teams he is in. The sharks have played better when he was out injured. He would set the bulldogs back years if he joined.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Stealing oxygen.
Wouldn’t be surprised if he stole it form Covid patients either

even that muslim social media guy Steve Tabouli or something was laying into flanno on social media.

you know you fu*ked up when that happens. That guy is chill with everyone.
Even DWZ he was supporting last year and DWZ was disgraceful.

DWZ actually ended up giving his shoes to tabouli after as a Thankyou for ongoing support in those times.
All a Courtesy that not even flanno got.