Why Michael Maguire cancelled his interview with the Canterbury Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
All I care about from the article is Maguire isn't coach.

Also almost every article about our cap has been written by Paul Kent. Wasnt he one of Hasler biggest fans last year.
I remember about a year and a half ago when someone asked Paul Kent on twitter why he hates the Dogs so much and he just replied, "You don't know what I know"

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Paul Kent, The Daily Telegraph
Stopped reading at that point.

Kent doesn't have a clue, and a coach being interviewd would not be given the clubs salary cap or player salary situation.

Kent lives in Imaginationland.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With Eastwood $800K, paying half of Graham s around $900K & Perrett of our books at the end of 2018 and the cap going up I still dont understand how we have cap issues
Neither do I, its doing my head in how we are still fcuked after we release close to 3 million dollars of pressure off the cap. It just doesn't make sense to me..

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
hahahaha all I can do is laugh.

The situation is honestly a shambles. Hasler deserves to be hounded day and night when people see him in public.

If I saw the bloke at the pub/shops/on the street i'd give him 5 minutes of the best profanities he's never heard.
Had we won 2012 and 2014 like he did with Manly it would of been worth it, but we didn't and now we're fucked.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know what it is. Has he fallen out with Hasler and exposing him or is he trying to get back at the club on Haslers behalf. Either way there is salary cap issues though.
Isn’t Kent showing Des up for his terrible cap management??

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Isn’t Kent showing Des up for his terrible cap management??
Mate I'm really in two minds. Part of me says he is but he was staunchly supporting Hasler last year, why the massive change. I'm sure Kent said Hasler was a friend, then again it is a journo we're talking about.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate I'm really in two minds. Part of me says he is but he was staunchly supporting Hasler last year, why the massive change. I'm sure Kent said Hasler was a friend, then again it is a journo we're talking about.
Yeah it’s a confusing one! Kent was talking to Alan Jones this morning and was really supportive or Pay but giving it to Castle with both barrels. I’m sure Kent’s agenda will be revealed soon enough...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe someone else can find it but I'm certain I recall reading a comment ages ago in the media by Raelene where she admitted she wasnt good with budget or figures.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly believe the best way out of this predicament is to use the system that got us in it.
The back-ended payments
We have to ask... How did Hasler make it work ?
If it did not... Why did the NRL allow him to do it under the cap regulations ???
The club should consult a supper-duper accountant... The rest will be history !!!
I hope one day there is an investigation into Hasler's misconducts at Canterbury for the following reasons

1 why did he keep and sign players on double and triple the amounts they are really worth ?
2 why did he get rid of the good players that bled blue and white ?
3 why did he dismantle our playing roster, being minor premiers in all grades 2012 to struggles in all grades 2017 ?
4 why did he not sign one of the Manly halves in 2013 when he was suppose to, opting to sign the injured Williams ?
5 why did he refuse C. Munster, C. Watson and L. Mitchell the three players we were in desperate need for ?
6 why did not sign a much needed Ponga, opting to resign ( no Sundays ) Hopoate ?
7 why did he in stages swap Our Dogs of War forwards... Graham, Taupau, Finucane, Kasiano and Prichard, keeping and
signing the wimps Tolman, Eastwood, Woods and Williams ?
8 why did he change the tactics in the finals of 2012 that ultimately cost us the Grand Final ?
9 why did he for 5 years persist with the ugliest football in history despite change promises to management ?
10 why did he sack most of the Canterbury coaching and medical staff and replaced them with his overpaid
under-preformed friends ?
I could go on and on and on.....
Was he working for Canterbury or trying to destroy Canterbury ???
Can't help but feel...He had evil intentions !!!

Once again and without doubts our club like a true BULLDOG will fight on and survive !
As for Hasler... Grand finals or not For 6 years at the Bulldogs...YOU HAVE FAILED !!!
All the money in the world can not change that !!!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stopped reading at that point.

Kent doesn't have a clue, and a coach being interviewd would not be given the clubs salary cap or player salary situation.

Kent lives in Imaginationland.
But it looks like such a fun place to be :smiley:
southpark.jpg

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So fucking messy!!! What a terrible situation. Gets worse by the day!

Anditsgone

Waterboy
Reaction score
Fuck me everyday there’s a new article about us, we’re copping it more then last year and we’re not even halfway through the season lol
Get use to it, till we are back on our feet

Then it will something else lol

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why is Hasler to blame for our cap mess but the Messiah, coach Bellamy was in no way involved in the Storms cap cheating ??? RL is full of agendas and secret squirrel business. The game itself is a mess.

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With Eastwood $800K, paying half of Graham s around $900K & Perrett of our books at the end of 2018 and the cap going up I still dont understand how we have cap issues
Don't quote me but I think even though players are off contract unless another club picks them up for same or better price tag the club is still paying them, so if this is still the case we are rooted for the next 2 years at least. Especially if we still keep buying no name rookies and holding onto the rubbish we currently have. Really we need to release virtually 90% of the resignings from over the past 2 years to have an immediate impact on the salary cap to start signing quality and rebuilding, but as we all know nothing is ever that easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.