Why Michael Maguire cancelled his interview with the Canterbury Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ray Dib is an absolute coward for not honestly disclosing the truth about our salary cap. Instead he said we were in a good position. Hang your fukn head in shame Ray Dib and Des Hasler

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just playing Devil's advocate for a moment - would we all still be so upset about the salary cap situation IF Hasler delivered a premiership?

I can only assume this was the reason for the madness.

I can also appreciate that he would probably till be coach if he did get us one, Dib would possible still be chairman, and we would never have known about this mess....

Even if we won the dogs would still need to sell all the players to get compliant. How were they going to do that?

Old Morris, Old Eastwood, Old Graham. They were all going to get worse with age even if we won.

No matter what happened we were always going to arrive at this situation of fuckedness

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think the club even seriously considered Maguire, was just making up the numbers.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
hahahaha all I can do is laugh.

The situation is honestly a shambles. Hasler deserves to be hounded day and night when people see him in public.

If I saw the bloke at the pub/shops/on the street i'd give him 5 minutes of the best profanities he's never heard.
Someone here said the fleas of 1000 camels for Des Haslers testicles. This plus your profanities would be great!

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if we won the dogs would still need to sell all the players to get compliant. How were they going to do that?

Old Morris, Old Eastwood, Old Graham. They were all going to get worse with age even if we won.

No matter what happened we were always going to arrive at this situation of fuckedness
Just walk away if you’re Des. Just like he did with Manly. They are still screwed & he left them in 2011.

He struck gold when Dib gave him 2 more years. How did that happen?

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where’s that lawyer guy that posts on here? Can we pursue him legally for anything? If what have read is correct (fitting 14 players into 800k with a minimum 100k salary) isn’t that some type of business mismanagement? And NRL signed off on this? How does it work...
Dib was one of the Chairmans pushing heavily for the bigger salary cap. Was organising meetings left and right with other chairmen and CEO's. Probably because he misjudged it so badly.

Edit:
My point is he was trying to fix up the mismanagement. He just fucked up bad.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
lol @ this bullshit

So a person who is out of job, been sacked by his previous club, he is not in demand and he has no source of income.

he says no to an opportunity at a great rich club like bulldogs and considering he had no other NRL club to go to (AS HE IS STILL JOBLESS TILL THE KIWI STINT STARTS) , he looks at the books and said naa I am too good for this, I may sit on the side line without a job / income instead.

Fuck me , I haven't slept with many women cos I only date super models.

Last edited:

Docta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Where’s that lawyer guy that posts on here? Can we pursue him legally for anything? If what have read is correct (fitting 14 players into 800k with a minimum 100k salary) isn’t that some type of business mismanagement? And NRL signed off on this? How does it work...
Unfortunately there’s no action the club can take against Hasler re salary cap problems. He was only the coach. The board would have known and ratified these decisions. If they were unhappy with his decisions, they should not have ratified them and further could have possibly terminated his employment earlier due to mismanagement of player resources and rostering (to the extent he was responsible). They did not!

Arguably, the board may have an action against the previous directors (Dib, Castle etc) for breach of directors duties including failing to act reasonably and diligently as well as to protect the interests and assets of the company and shareholders. Directors owe these fiduciary duties which arguably they failed. However, to prove this, the club will need to show loss in monetary terms ie loss of members, sponsors etc. This may become more obvious in time.

Also, directors have a duty to act in god faith. THis point is relevant to Des court proceedings because arguably Dib was not acting in good faith when gave Des the punt as he was really trying to protect his backside with the impending board elections which passed. It would be good to see what Dib was saying behind the scenes in board minutes and emails to other directors re the reason for acknowledging the MOU with Des as valid and binding.

Anditsgone

Waterboy
Reaction score
Just playing Devil's advocate for a moment - would we all still be so upset about the salary cap situation IF Hasler delivered a premiership?

I can only assume this was the reason for the madness.

I can also appreciate that he would probably till be coach if he did get us one, Dib would possible still be chairman, and we would never have known about this mess....
The fact is,
They did NOT deliver a premiership,

We were minor premiers in all 3 grades on the back of Moore and Greenberg

Des and Dib destroyed that roster to the point we are now, without winning a premiership.

That’s how bad it really is.
With a premiership you could argue it was job well done,

But they did all that and still couldn’t get a premiership

Wow
That’s all kind of bad.

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck me everyday there’s a new article about us, we’re copping it more then last year and we’re not even halfway through the season lol

Anditsgone

Waterboy
Reaction score
lol @ this bullshit

So a person who is out of job, been sacked by his previous club, he is not in demand and he has no source of income.

he says an opportunity at a great rich club like bulldogs and considering he had no other NRL club to go to (AS HE IS STILL JOBLESS TILL THE KIWI STINT STARTS) , he looks at the books and said naa I am too good for this, I may sit on the side line without a job / income instead.

Fuck me , I haven't slept with many women cos I only date super models.
It really goes to show how bad the situation really is, and why bagging out Pay is wrong

Pay is at least trying new things and having a go with the shit he has.

Deserves credit for that

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It really goes to show how bad the situation really is, and why bagging out Pay is wrong

Pay is at least trying new things and having a go with the shit he has.

Deserves credit for that
I don't think situation is that bad as these journos are making it out to be.

we are still signing players , may be not super stars but we are signing.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The legal guy is buying the board a round of port

Anditsgone

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't think situation is that bad as these journos are making it out to be.

we are still signing players , may be not super stars but we are signing.
Nothing is ever as bad advice media portrayed, but it’s still bad lol

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Question once again. Why was Hasler allowed to be involved in the finances of the footy club. Hes the bloody coach.
His job was to be on the field with his clipboard. The Board is the ones at fault. They really epitomise ineptocracy.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
All I care about from the article is Maguire isn't coach.

Also almost every article about our cap has been written by Paul Kent. Wasnt he one of Hasler biggest fans last year.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think the club even seriously considered Maguire, was just making up the numbers.
Yep. As soon as Pay entered the interview room and said “culture”, Dib jizzed himself and Dean had the job

Micko1979

Waterboy
Reaction score
All I care about from the article is Maguire isn't coach.

Also almost every article about our cap has been written by Paul Kent. Wasnt he one of Hasler biggest fans last year.
This certainly sounds right. Kent was blowing Haslers horn and probably still is. So he is pushing his agenda. Clearly our club is in salary cap trouble but the journos are making it out to be worse than it is.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This certainly sounds right. Kent was blowing Haslers horn and probably still is. So he is pushing his agenda. Clearly our club is in salary cap trouble but the journos are making it out to be worse than it is.
I don't know what it is. Has he fallen out with Hasler and exposing him or is he trying to get back at the club on Haslers behalf. Either way there is salary cap issues though.

Status
Not open for further replies.