why isnt Flanno kicking ?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My only guess is that we are less interested in the 2pts per conversion, and more interested in giving Burton goal-kicking practice/experience since he is the longer term prospect of the two.
He needs about 10 years experience to be any good lol, kicking at 46% right now. Flanagan, Averillo and probably even Schoupp are better options.

Malla

Reaction score
Burton is shit

I am soooo sure Flanno was a sharp shooter but he's been totally shit at the Dogs. Maybe our coaching is shit in kicking as well

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My only guess is that we are less interested in the 2pts per conversion, and more interested in giving Burton goal-kicking practice/experience since he is the longer term prospect of the two.
That’s what it seems like. Likely hood of flanno being around next year will be slim. So just build Burtos confidence up, especially in fatigue situations.

In saying that. Kid has a huge boot. But he seems to struggle when the pressure is on. I remember he missed a few field goals 2 years ago at panthers. Clunked one 40 out a few weeks ago for us against manly maybe. But give him a line drop out and he can launch it 60 on the fly.

It’s either he doesn’t have time to gather himself or he is just under pressure?

Still a young lad though. His best years are definitely ahead. Hope we lock him up long term.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter who kicks, we can’t score enough trys for the 2 Point conversions to make any difference.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We lost to manly by 1 point in a match where Burton missed 2 goals. Literally we kick one of those two misses and we win.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have four kickers goal kicking all day and find the best at each angle, one conversion could mean the difference, a small but vital aspect.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Need Cooper Cronk as our halves coach, even though dumbass was a half himself at Dragons.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Careful Flanagun might respond. He must be saving his energy for the game. He kicks well when he does kick though.