why is the media so focused on us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Because we are a high profile Western Sydney based team, are playing another Western Sydney based team on the weekend, nobody outside of the shire or Canberra give a shit about the Sharks or Raiders and all other finals teams are based outside of NSW.

Stands to reason the Sydney metro media is all over is this week.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why the hell is the media so focused on us so much that the game is on Sunday the last game of the week ,and nothing has been mentioned about Friday and Saturday's games where these two games are before us .
Cause they heat us, they hate the fans. Bullfrog built this club and they resent it

Fu all!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't know what it is, but we are the most hated team in the NRL.

Manly was by far the most hated and for some unknown reason we have overtaken the title of the Leagues "most hated"
Manly were when Des coached them so no coincidence

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just hate the fact that our fellas are running off at the mouth to any reporter that cares to ask.The stories are there only if they choose to give them. Two Sydney teams in Sydney must be important, right?

They have at least given some time to the other six sides in the finals series though.

Rabs and co love to crap on about the Friday night specials a.k.a. Broncos who got their usual Friday night slot, because, heaven forbid they should have to play in the light of day. Wayne's wankers I call them.

We have a new airline in Titans Ville with the 'captain' telling everyone who will listen that 'it is his house" and,..... I would say that they have been definitely egging on the Cowboys a little bit and hoping they can go back to back.

They feel sorry for the Sharks because they have won, well.... nothing. So they talk them up as the next fairy tale come true and Canberra well......it is a sh@t place but at least there is something positive about their team.

Melbourne is, well, Melbourne.

Yet the coverage of the other six teams contesting games this weekend seem less newsworthy ( unless of course you live in Qld, Melbourne or Canberra)

We are just the ' elimination final' and as such they need to try and ramp up some interest in the game. Ticket sales are lagging and without a blanket coverage we will find a half full stadium when most , if not all of the others are just about full.

The other teams will be talked about ad nauseum after their games have been won and run, through the week until next round of finals. The winner of Sunday's game will be an afterthought once that game is complete.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
We bring this spotlight on ourselves ... We should just shut up..and play footy and put pride back in the blue and white

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
You start to get some idea of how many people hate the dogs when you hear the morons who do the "commentary" on Channel Nine talk us down starting from their pre-game jibberish. Especially Jabber the Hutt Gould, he hates us more than most.
And the way they barrack for our opponents instead of calling the game. It's little things like, "he totally fooled the Dogs' defence and scored a brilliant individual try" to "put that down to poor defence that allowed a Dog's player to just stroll over"; and "what can XXX team do from here to get back into the game" to, " Can XXX team go on and put more points on the Dogs tonight?" Also using our logo as background when incidents being reported have nothing to do with us. Getting sick of it. They are killing the game for me. I'm off to watch the Swans-GWS game today. At least I can enjoy it as a spectacle.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The demographic that owns/runs the media hate the demographic that support the Dogs.
Spot on. There's a bias against the Canterbury-Bankstown area because of the incorrect assumption we are all of one ethnic background, and assumed to be troublemakers all. It was ever thus. As a teenager, I well remember how the surfies of Cronulla wanted the "rockers" from Bankstown banned from their beach; and fights between the two were common.

We have been a mellting point for refugees and immigrants since the end of the Second World War. Migrant camps at Herne Bay, East Hills and Villawood, along with the associated high levels of unemployment have given us a reputation for being foreign and not part of the "real" community. As a result, the rest of Sydney is prepared to believe the worst of our area. No matter what our make up has been over the decades, we are always looked down upon as the refuse of the city.

Malla

Reaction score
At the end of the day mate it sells papers. We not only have one of the biggest fan bases in the NRL but I think we have the most 'haters' in the NRL too. Media feed off that to sell papers.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
why is the media so focused on us

We are the back bone of the NRL, without us rugby league would die in the ass, we are the ying to their yang, their Romeo to their juliet, the ambassadors of QUAN MAN!!! When we're of fire and dominating the rabble before us everyone gets heatstroke and Greenturd comes in his pants!!! Fire the fuck up people 2morrow could be our last game before a long off season!!!! Go the Dogggies :grinning:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not in Sydney so can't really comment on current media coverage, but i dare say some dogs fans would be of the view the dogs are targeted more in the media as they are more likely to notice stories about them, and then form a view they are featured more. A form of confirmation bias?

Status
Not open for further replies.