Why is it no good to live in a unit?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've ways had an issue with living in a unit

I don't like communal areas and living in close proximity to your neighbours

What if your dickhead neighbour is reckless and causes a fire? Through no fault of your own all your stuff is burnt

What if the people living under you cook offensive smelling curry every night. They really brew up a storm.. you have no choice but to take a whiff

What if someone parks your car in or damages your car

What if your neighbour has loud music, screams all the time, has screaming kids, beats his Mrs, you gotta hear it too

What if body corporate says they want to change the look of the building, you need to stump up the money to pay (if your a home owner)

What if the building cracks because a fatso sleeps on one end of the building all the time

What if someone on the ground floor has corona virus, everyone in the building gets it

What if someone is a dirty mutt and attracts cockroaches and ants, you cook it too

What if the guy next door has the runs and farts all night and belches.. you gotta listen to it and smell it

Who would ever want to live like this? Like living in an unpredictable jungle, every half an hour throws up a new challenge.

Why not live in your own house, on your own land, Noone can bother you. It's ridiculous isn't it?

Last edited:

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This thread is an attempt to look down on people that live in a unit for their own reasons whether it be financial, or any other particular reason why they choose too.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some people choose to live in a unit because their lifestyles cannot support the maintenance of gardens and lawn.

Also I know there are units that are worth a lot more than some houses in Sydney.

There's no right or wrong way to live, there's only the way that makes you happy within your means.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There needs to be something done about threads like this to be started. There needs to be a screening process. Keep the threads relevant not just random ranting about anything

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Like opinions on TK , everyone lives different lifestyles, for different reasons.!! Some are wealthy and live comfortably, some live week to week. Everyone’s financial situations are different be it their own doing or due to circumstances out of their control.

however you look at it, we are all people and this thread is absolute CRAP and very irrelevant. As berries said. Threads need screening, and or have to pend and get approval Before being posted lol.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, I would argue the examples posted are factual and a Reality of living in a unit?

What is fabricated? Do unit livers wish to dispute any of the examples?

Why are we so sensitive over this topic? It's just factual ? Is it not?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like opinions on TK , everyone lives different lifestyles, for different reasons.!! Some are wealthy and live comfortably, some live week to week. Everyone’s financial situations are different be it their own doing or due to circumstances out of their control.

however you look at it, we are all people and this thread is absolute CRAP and very irrelevant. As berries said. Threads need screening, and or have to pend and get approval Before being posted lol.
I didnt single out anyone? How would I know who lives in a unit as opposed to a house?

The thread just lists out some facts if this lifestyle? Is it not true?

Also this is the lounge area of the site, it's supposed to be an area to raise whatever. I'd argue it's completely appropriate for this part of the site and breaks no rules.

The other point is you don't need to read the thread, if it's not your cup of tea, no need to read it or post a reply? I don't go into every thread, only what interests me.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
What if?
What if the space shuttle has technical difficulties and crashes into your pad?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread is an attempt to look down on people that live in a unit for their own reasons whether it be financial, or any other particular reason why they choose too.
Not looking down on anyone. Many units cost more than a home. So nothing to do with their financial status.

I dont know the living arrangements of people reading, who on here lives in a unit as opposed to a house so who would I be looking down upon?

I'm just stating the facts and trying to understand what are the advantage and why people choose this option?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mowing a big yard after a deluge and hot weather is dog shit hot work

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I didnt single out anyone? How would I know who lives in a unit as opposed to a house?

The thread just lists out some facts if this lifestyle? Is it not true?

Also this is the lounge area of the site, it's supposed to be an area to raise whatever. I'd argue it's completely appropriate for this part of the site and breaks no rules.

The other point is you don't need to read the thread, if it's not your cup of tea, no need to read it or post a reply? I don't go into every thread, only what interests me.
Fair game.. At least you don’t abuse anyone if they don’t like your threads, and don’t take it to heart lol, I respect that..!!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fair game.. At least you don’t abuse anyone if they don’t like your threads, and don’t take it to heart lol, I respect that..!!
Lil blue used to shit me till I found out his an A grade shit stirrer .id actually love to se him at dinner with a bunch of gold diggers it would be compelling viewing

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lil blue used to shit me till I found out his an A grade shit stirrer .id actually love to se him at dinner with a bunch of gold diggers it would be compelling viewing
I'd love to be at that dinner, one thing I've learnt over the years, if you really want to rattle people's bones, just tell them the truth, that's what hurts the most. Go to a fat person and tell them they are fat, you may as we'll start swinging punches as they will go rabid dog on you , but everyone knows it's the truth.. ask to describe a fat person from across the room to someone, you say "the fat one" .

I'm just a guy that trys to say the truth, people get insulted all over the joint at that. Read the opening post ? Is it not true? People get fired up for what? Because they dont like the facts ?

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people choose to live in a unit because their lifestyles cannot support the maintenance of gardens and lawn.

Also I know there are units that are worth a lot more than some houses in Sydney.

There's no right or wrong way to live, there's only the way that makes you happy within your means.
I think it's more about location for some people. Units are usually very close to train stations or CBD.. plus there is no lawns..

But the people in units certainly put up with alot of crap as opposed to home and land.

I'd really have to love the location to put up with all the nonsense.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it's more about location for some people. Units are usually very close to train stations or CBD.. plus there is no lawns..

But the people in units certainly put up with alot of crap as opposed to home and land.

I'd really have to love the location to put up with all the nonsense.
its not for me, I currently am on 700 sqm and its not big enough .. I'm looking for an acre as we speak..

doesn't mean I right .. people laugh at me when I say I want an acre

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Horse .. or should I say 187 is a little like that lol, although he doesn’t say a lot just disagrees with all of my posts for the hell of it haha , most I respect, but not all :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: