Why I believe Brandon Smith's signature is signed and sealed.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard that the club wont make an announcement that they've got him until September, but they're finalising a third party deal for him at the moment and its as good as done
Fantastic if true!
However with all due respect who are you?

Chriso86

Waterboy
Reaction score
wonder if reimus was the swap, he only had 1 year to go where as cheese had 2 so maybe they held on to him till the final year

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I really hope Reimis is the swap as I still think letting him go a year early with nothing in return was a dumb move by the club. If it was all part of an arrangement to get Brandon Smith then I'm happy with that though it seems a bit far fetched that was agreed to 6 months ago.

If Storm are after a player in return, looking at our squad the only ones that I think they would want are Averillo or Thompson. I don't watch a lot of Storm games so maybe there are other positions they need to fill I'm unaware of. But as much as I rate Smith I would be really unhappy if we lose either of those boys. All speculation of course, but will be interesting to see how it plays out.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I really hope Reimis is the swap as I still think letting him go a year early with nothing in return was a dumb move by the club. If it was all part of an arrangement to get Brandon Smith then I'm happy with that though it seems a bit far fetched that was agreed to 6 months ago.

If Storm are after a player in return, looking at our squad the only ones that I think they would want are Averillo or Thompson. I don't watch a lot of Storm games so maybe there are other positions they need to fill I'm unaware of. But as much as I rate Smith I would be really unhappy if we lose either of those boys. All speculation of course, but will be interesting to see how it plays out.
I think the Reimis move to Storm was like a secret handshake between the two clubs that we get first dibs on Brandon and early release for 22

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard that the club wont make an announcement that they've got him until September, but they're finalising a third party deal for him at the moment and its as good as done
Yeah I heard the same thing.. but my source isn’t very reliable (he said Martin Taupau was a done deal for last season)

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think we've missed a trick if we've opted to sign Smith over Clarke. I'd much prefer the latter tbh

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Give them Elliott or Allan. They'd probably take either and they'd be doing us a favour.
Why do you want to hurt me? Elliott and Allan (along with Burton) are the building blocks on which we will form our next dynasty.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Love the 3rd party deal part. Dodgy dealings to save our cap space, about time we catch back up to the field

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I think we've missed a trick if we've opted to sign Smith over Clarke. I'd much prefer the latter tbh
Clarke is more of a risk than the cheese. Cause at least the cheese has played at NRL level. At worst he is just competent and we look for another hooker with a view to the future and move the cheese to lock. While Clarke could just be well out of his depth, and Clarke is much older so it's a short term solution at best.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clarke is more of a risk than the cheese. Cause at least the cheese has played at NRL level. At worst he is just competent and we look for another hooker with a view to the future and move the cheese to lock. While Clarke could just be well out of his depth, and Clarke is much older so it's a short term solution at best.
Yep move him to lock and pay him 700k

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Clarke has performed well against Australia at test level. He will smash it up in NRL. Better to sign an older and better player until we can purchase or develop a young gun than to settle for mediocrity, IMO.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fantastic if true!
However with all due respect who are you?
i'm going to give you the old 'my mates mums cousins uncles brother is brandon smith'... but i talk to a bloke who knows a staff member within the club. He told me about flanno, hetho, fox, burton, allan, naden well before they all happened and hasnt been wrong yet, so im going off what hes told me. Could be wrong, but he hasnt been wrong so far!