Why I believe Brandon Smith's signature is signed and sealed.

Reaction score
Building upon that media report about his secret meeting with Smith in Melbourne.
Gold Coast Titans are set to announce the signing of Darryl Clark from the UK. We were interested in him and I am sure that Tbaz would've got his man if he wanted to especially with fellow Pom Luke Thompson at the club. That all but confirms that we have signed Brandon Smith pending an announcement.

This is huge for our rebuild and I think is the missing piece. Watch this space.

Attachments

Last edited:

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Titans announce Clark that is big indicator however the second Brisbane team is what worry's me. Does Warbs follow any other players that are not playing for the dogs? I get that it means we are interested but I do not think that is news to anyone.

Out of interest of the players we have under contract and have signed for next year, who does everyone see as Captain material... I am leaning towards Thompson, I think Burton in a few years will be the obvious choice though.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Logic suggests that but it's still not a foregone conclusion even if we are negotiating with him. Several other clubs, namely Brisbane and the Warriors would be interested in him and need a hooker too.

I hope Smith is coming as Clark is a hell of a player and he'll wreak havoc running behind that Titans pack.

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I hope it's true. But who do we have for the like-for-like replacement the Storm want?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If the Titans announce Clark that is big indicator however the second Brisbane team is what worry's me. Does Warbs follow any other players that are not playing for the dogs? I get that it means we are interested but I do not think that is news to anyone.

Out of interest of the players we have under contract and have signed for next year, who does everyone see as Captain material... I am leaning towards Thompson, I think Burton in a few years will be the obvious choice though.
Warbs also following Payne Haas and Taumalolo and Papenhysun

Nah just kidding bro

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Instagram shows common people you're following first (same people you're both following), I don't think Warburton followed Smith recently (in fact it was months and months ago). Naden was also after the fact, not before.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is also following Harry Grant, Shaun Johnson, Victor Radley... to name a few

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give them Elliott or Allan. They'd probably take either and they'd be doing us a favour.
They are farkin red hot the storm. In their squad they have Papenhausen, Munster and Grant who are all $1 million players. Then the next level down they have guys like Hughes, J.Bromwich , Welch, B.Smith, Addo-Carr and Finucane who are all top shelf.

Instead of asking for a suitable replacement you would think they would be looking for cap relief so they can afford everyone.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because the players/officials are following him on social media.