Why I believe Brandon Smith's signature is signed and sealed.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Would be our best signing since Stuart and Clyde, and in his prime and not the end of their careers like tricky and Bradley. For what he will bring as a player more than as a hooker
But we need a hooker and not a player you like that plays hard. If he isn't a top tier hooker then he's a bust.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hopefully Smith and then have the Rudolf deal fall through due to a late meeting with Fitzgibbon... That's the dream lol
Who off contract/rumoured to be released do you want us to sign if not Rudolf?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Who off contract/rumoured to be released do you want us to sign if not Rudolf?
Make a play for Taupau or any Raiders front rowers stuck in reserve grade. Originally I wanted Eddie Blacker but Panthers were smarter than everyone and snapped him up.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
But we need a hooker and not a player you like that plays hard. If he isn't a top tier hooker then he's a bust.
Hopefully we just move on Jackson and Elliot eventually and the Cheese ends up at lock in time

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry mate, you are wrong about this bloke as he is Kiwi international at Hooker and has played plenty at the Storm in 9 as well. He is not Grant or Korisou, but he is a massive upgrade from what we have or appear able to get. As I said before if we develop a great 9 of our own then he will simply slip back into the back row where is is brilliant.

His personality will gel our team like no other.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Sorry mate, you are wrong about this bloke as he is Kiwi international at Hooker and has played plenty at the Storm in 9 as well. He is not Grant or Korisou, but he is a massive upgrade from what we have or appear able to get. As I said before if we develop a great 9 of our own then he will simply slip back into the back row where is is brilliant.

His personality will gel our team like no other.
His last spell at hooker was pretty poor and i guess we just have to hope a preseason training there and working on his conditioning is enough to turn it around. I'm sick of us buying players and playing them in roles they're not established in and getting fuck all value from them. People on here were convinced Cotric was some superstar centre when we signed him lo...

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Olam, Asofa-Solomona, Kaufusi - the list goes on. Unlike us, players will probably take under's to go there, but plenty of their players are due for decent contract upgrades next time - most of those mentioned, plus Kamikamica, Hines, even Reimis. Elliott or RFM for Cheese sounds like a great deal for both clubs.

Brandon Smith would be great for us. I have no doubt he can play a strong 80 if he trains specifically for dummy half, but even if I'm wrong, 60 mins of him is better than 3 or 4 games worth of anyone else we've had since Ennis (except of course Cook very briefly).
Yep its shit mate. When a side wins a comp they always lose a fair few players but it doesnt seem to apply to the Roosters or the Storm.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've said Smith looks rubbish at Hooker ,but he can't be that bad or else he wouldn't be starting for the Meboutne Storm. So Craig obviously thinks he can play the position.

So I've changed my tune now lol. If he's good enough to start for Bellamy, hes good enough for our team.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Tbh id rather Daryl Clark over the Cheese at hooker, but i would love the Cheese at 13.

I dont understand why we havent made Clark are number 1 priority. He is better than Josh Hodgson imho. Ahh well Titans will get him

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His last spell at hooker was pretty poor and i guess we just have to hope a preseason training there and working on his conditioning is enough to turn it around. I'm sick of us buying players and playing them in roles they're not established in and getting fuck all value from them. People on here were convinced Cotric was some superstar centre when we signed him lo...
He sucks as a centre, but I am pretty sure even you thought he was a genuine upgrade player on what we had. Ideally we would sign Grant or similar but I think it would be an absolute Clanger if we could sign Cheese and didn’t.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only way this is going to happen is jac getting into his ear... guaranteed signatures for next year is a must also. If I was the cheese I wouldn’t want to come with the current crop we have so I’d ask who is coming also. Jac, Burton and naden won’t make a hell of a lot of difference if we don’t have the engine up front

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's basically a better, more impactful verison of Ennis as a hooker and look at the impact he had with us and Cronulla.. The leadership, toughness and aggression Smith brings are exactly what the team needs more of.

He needs to clean up his service but he impressed as strictly a hooker for Melbourne and New Zealand his first few seasons and he's still only 25.. So you'd think with a full offseason to get slimmer/fitter and working on his passing/running game that he'll look better at hooker.