Why I believe Brandon Smith's signature is signed and sealed.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was interested in rfm once before from memory. Literally besides Thompson I’d give him any forward. Hopefully we lock up atoni though.

Can only imagine rfm he’s keen on. Maybe Elliott? Dunno, though we need to make it Fucking happen. Now.
Agree, all but Thompson can go

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They’ll take RFM.

bellamy is an angry little bloke but he’s never stopped a player that’s wanted to play elsewhere from leaving at the end of the day.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just bring in the bloody soccer transfer system already. We pay them a fee and we get Smith.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just bring in the bloody soccer transfer system already. We pay them a fee and we get Smith.
You'd still need a buyout clause in the contract.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not sure how this pans out.

Obviously something going on but clearly won’t happen if storm don’t get what they want. I feel if we offer rfm he’s ours. Think we have no choice but to do it. As I said his money could probably get us Matterson. We need a fucking quality hooker urgently. No doubt Bellamy could make rfm very Fucking good but I just think we can replace him a lot easier than finding a hooker. Without smith we are ficked. Shouldn’t of released these ***** remis. They won’t return a favour. Hopefully they take Elliott or better Stimson. Doubt it.

See below from Bellamy

While Coates’ future at Melbourne is assured for 2022, the same can’t be said for Papenhuyzen and Smith.

The fullback is off contract this year, while Smith has previously asked for a release to pursue his ambition of playing as a full-time No. 9 at NRL level.

“With Paps, he’s just doing some negotiating at the moment,” Bellamy said

“He’s a much-wanted player and so he should be with the form he’s displayed over the last 18 months.

“He’s been outstanding, I think Paps is looking at his options and refining what he wants.

“Hopefully for the club’s sake he’ll end up staying.

”Brandon’s a little bit different. He’s got two years to run on his contract and he’s requested a release.

“We love having Brandon at our club and I think he loves playing with our club but he wants to play a certain position for most of his time on the field.

“At the end of the day, Brandon will be staying with us unless we get a good replacement for him from whatever club wants him.

“If they put up a good player that they think might be a fair swap and we think is a fair swap, then we will look at it. Until then, Brandon’s staying with us.”
Re Paps, Bellamy sounds cocky and confident and he probably knows Paps is already locked up, but I've gotta say, I would throw "un-refusable" money at Paps because he would be absolutely worth ever dollar on the field and off (I.e. talent attraction, sponsors, media etc) ... if we have the money, I would make him the highest paid ever.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The above re Cheese is pretty much as i understood it to be..GET IT DONE FFS.
IF we can afford it after other acquisitions more needed are done then get fucken Pappy too :hearteyes:

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As per rumours thread, Katoa to St Helens (Bwaahahahahahahaha!!!...sorry, makes me laugh everytime) is a sign of something good in the hooking ranks

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As per rumours thread, Katoa to St Helens (Bwaahahahahahahaha!!!...sorry, makes me laugh everytime) is a sign of something good in the hooking ranks
Either that or they feel JMK and Deitz at a minimum is good enough for the time being.

I like the fact we are calculating and patient with recruitment ahead of 2022, I feel like TB is setting up the club for long term success, we need to trust the process..

Moon Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Either that or they feel JMK and Deitz at a minimum is good enough for the time being.

I like the fact we are calculating and patient with recruitment ahead of 2022, I feel like TB is setting up the club for long term success, we need to trust the process..
I agree we need to trust the process, but bloody hell the team need to play with pride no matter where the players end up next year.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No you wouldn't. Both clubs just need to agree a fee.
We can currently do that now no? The Storm care more about getting a like for like replacement than money (unless it's outrageous). A buy out clause means a club doesn't have a choice (also not in every contract in soccer).

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We can currently do that now no? The Storm care more about getting a like for like replacement than money (unless it's outrageous). A buy out clause means a club doesn't have a choice (also not in every contract in soccer).
If you do it now it counts to your salary cap. I'm saying it shouldn't and there should be a proper transfer system. If they want to make a buyout clause then it can be what the player is making that season.