Why I believe Brandon Smith's signature is signed and sealed.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm honestly amazed that anyone out there thinks that Smith won't be a massive upgrade for us. Really surprises me considering how bad we've been at hooker. There honestly only two real options out there. Smith or Clarke.

I've always thought Clarke is more attainable but ...

Smith has a winners attitude. Plays hard. Someone players want to play with.

This year he was training to be a lock so's carrying around extra kilos. But, been put into the hooker position and is doing pretty decent in my mind.

If not Smith, then who?
Exactly!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Smith wil be an upgrade but not the upgrade we have been looking for cap to position ratio

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate you are missing the point and people like you are the issue with society, see people doing wrong and don’t say anything and just mind your own business. You can’t make fun of any disability and you turn a blind eye to it. Serial offender as well poor.
Hey guy,

Saying someone might or might not have a disability is not offence. Have a glass of conrete and harden the fuck up.

Of all the things that people say on this forum you have taken offence to that but never open your mouth regarding any other topics or stabs.

Stop trying to target Nasheed. PUT SOME RESPECT ON HIS NAME.

LIKE AND REPLY. GO DOGS.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
the club has no choice but to go after brandon.
no other hooker on the market, so it’s gamble on the kiwi hooker or stick with the garbage of jmk and katoa..

it’s a no brainer they have to lock brandon up.
Agree, but don’t you think taking a gamble and signing the what if players will land us in exactly the same position we were in under Hasler? ie Lichaa

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree, but don’t you think taking a gamble and signing the what if players will land us in exactly the same position we were in under Hasler? ie Lichaa
I would rather that then play it safe with jmk and not even have hope

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
you have no clue THAT i understand chump..THE END
You could have just been a man, apologised for being a twat and taking my opinion out of context from the start and just admitting I had a valid opinion instead of causing an unnecessary argument and then brushing it like an entitled teenager and ending it abruptly like you have just done. That would have sufficed!

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate you are missing the point and people like you are the issue with society, see people doing wrong and don’t say anything and just mind your own business. You can’t make fun of any disability and you turn a blind eye to it. Serial offender as well poor.
I agree, just want to add that calling him an indian in a derogatory manner is bad too. cant call out on thing and ignore the other. both not on.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For what it's worth I was told Brandon Smith had verbally agreed to join the Dogs a few weeks ago.
That's great but until he has signed the contract the verbal agreement doesn't fill me with much confidence. Didn't Stephen Chricton verbally agree to stay at Penrith for $500K before he backflipped and demanded a bigger deal. We need the cheese to sign on the dotted line before we can get excited

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's great but until he has signed the contract the verbal agreement doesn't fill me with much confidence. Didn't Stephen Chricton verbally agree to stay at Penrith for $500K before he backflipped and demanded a bigger deal. We need the cheese to sign on the dotted line before we can get excited
I know mate, I hope we get some announcements soon, Burton and jac are a great start but we need so much more to compete with the top sides. Fans need some more positive news to know things are still heading in the right direction for the future.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You could have just been a man, apologised for being a twat and taking my opinion out of context from the start and just admitting I had a valid opinion instead of causing an unnecessary argument and then brushing it like an entitled teenager and ending it abruptly like you have just done. That would have sufficed!
Fuck I wasn't gonna reply again lol but i don't owe u an apology u may do at least for calling flamebouyant a fucken spastic? But idgaf about apologies not one bit...no hard feelings we're both "Nevilles" at the end of the day
But for One final time .. a summary of the words you posted follows(from page 10)their hard to misinterpret or take out of context mate?

"HUGE step backwards signing him.
NOT a fg standard dummy half
Another Plodder middle forward at best"

I called you out on this post and genuinely scoffed at it because these comments are blatantly wrong IMO but I'd say at least 95% of people would agree.
After yesty it's more clear than ever we need this winner and that's what I'm all about at the end of the day.
Cheers.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happened to me a while back with Foran. I used to give every piece of info I got from a board member on here. He was never wrong. But when Foran backflipped at 830pm on the Sunday before it was announced (even gave that info) people turned on me. So I stopped giving info apart to a few on here via PM.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Not sure how this pans out.

Obviously something going on but clearly won’t happen if storm don’t get what they want. I feel if we offer rfm he’s ours. Think we have no choice but to do it. As I said his money could probably get us Matterson. We need a fucking quality hooker urgently. No doubt Bellamy could make rfm very Fucking good but I just think we can replace him a lot easier than finding a hooker. Without smith we are ficked. Shouldn’t of released these ***** remis. They won’t return a favour. Hopefully they take Elliott or better Stimson. Doubt it.

See below from Bellamy

While Coates’ future at Melbourne is assured for 2022, the same can’t be said for Papenhuyzen and Smith.

The fullback is off contract this year, while Smith has previously asked for a release to pursue his ambition of playing as a full-time No. 9 at NRL level.

“With Paps, he’s just doing some negotiating at the moment,” Bellamy said

“He’s a much-wanted player and so he should be with the form he’s displayed over the last 18 months.

“He’s been outstanding, I think Paps is looking at his options and refining what he wants.

“Hopefully for the club’s sake he’ll end up staying.

”Brandon’s a little bit different. He’s got two years to run on his contract and he’s requested a release.

“We love having Brandon at our club and I think he loves playing with our club but he wants to play a certain position for most of his time on the field.

“At the end of the day, Brandon will be staying with us unless we get a good replacement for him from whatever club wants him.

“If they put up a good player that they think might be a fair swap and we think is a fair swap, then we will look at it. Until then, Brandon’s staying with us.”

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
we have shite players so no way they ll want anyone
He was interested in rfm once before from memory. Literally besides Thompson I’d give him any forward. Hopefully we lock up atoni though.

Can only imagine rfm he’s keen on. Maybe Elliott? Dunno, though we need to make it Fucking happen. Now.