Why I believe Brandon Smith's signature is signed and sealed.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think TBaz has got his man. Building upon that media report about his secret meeting with Smith in Melbourne, Bulldogs CEO Aaron Warburton recently followed Brandon Smith on Instagram and has liked his images from the last two weeks. There is a trend with Warbuton's Instagram as he followed Brent Naden a couple of days prior to his sgining.

Second, the Gold Coast Titans are set to announce the signing of Darryl Clark from the UK. We were interested in him and I am sure that Tbaz would've got his man if he wanted to especially with fellow Pom Luke Thompson at the club. That all but confirms that we have signed Brandon Smith pending an announcement.

This is huge for our rebuild and I think is the missing piece. Watch this space.
Ah but is Smith following the Bulldogs or Warburton?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They are farkin red hot the storm. In their squad they have Papenhausen, Munster and Grant who are all $1 million players. Then the next level down they have guys like Hughes, J.Bromwich , Welch, B.Smith, Addo-Carr and Finucane who are all top shelf.

Instead of asking for a suitable replacement you would think they would be looking for cap relief so they can afford everyone.
It depends which cap they are showing the NRL like before.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't reckon he wants to go to the Warriors myself..because him Kiwi want stay in Austraya Cuz...

Fuck i hope we get him.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He would actually be perfect for us given the current state of our forward pack. His service is not as good as other hookers but his running game is outstanding and that’s what we need. His darts will give our sets much needed momentum.

Plus he is a winner. We don’t have many of those.

Hopefully it happens because as others have said the cupboard is pretty bare after him.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He would actually be perfect for us given the current state of our forward pack. His service is not as good as other hookers but his running game is outstanding and that’s what we need. His darts will give our sets much needed momentum.

Plus he is a winner. We don’t have many of those.

Hopefully it happens because as others have said the cupboard is pretty bare after him.
Spot on agree with everything the winner comment is very pertinent we dont have any right now, i'll go as far to say that pending further signings that may be occurring this year at this stage he would be a KEY get second only to Burto.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope it’s true, he is winner. He has attitude and he is genuine footballer. We need all this, players that aren’t scared etc...

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are farkin red hot the storm. In their squad they have Papenhausen, Munster and Grant who are all $1 million players. Then the next level down they have guys like Hughes, J.Bromwich , Welch, B.Smith, Addo-Carr and Finucane who are all top shelf.

Instead of asking for a suitable replacement you would think they would be looking for cap relief so they can afford everyone.
Olam, Asofa-Solomona, Kaufusi - the list goes on. Unlike us, players will probably take under's to go there, but plenty of their players are due for decent contract upgrades next time - most of those mentioned, plus Kamikamica, Hines, even Reimis. Elliott or RFM for Cheese sounds like a great deal for both clubs.

Brandon Smith would be great for us. I have no doubt he can play a strong 80 if he trains specifically for dummy half, but even if I'm wrong, 60 mins of him is better than 3 or 4 games worth of anyone else we've had since Ennis (except of course Cook very briefly).

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hope we have him, the spine is so important, how about that parra game for example imagine they didnt have Mahoney and Gutherson? We may have actually competed.