Why haven't we even contacted Flanagan yet ?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course they've been in contact.
You would have to think so, sounds like he’s got the gig from all reports. Now just when he takes over is the question. Sooner rather than later is the best option for the club.!!

Reactions: 88

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There has been multiple coaching opportunities for Flanno that he's never been this active about in the media. It's like he is trying extra hard for the media not to find out he's already been approached.

I just hope we don't go Freddy. Either Flanno or Green would be good, but please got not Freddy.
If Gus considers Freddy he’s lost the plot. We’ve just got rid of a coach who had a problem stint elsewhere, there’s no way Freddy is a club coach.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sign Flanno. I'm over his cheating scandal, as should everyone else be. It was a long time ago and he's payed the price, not being allowed to coach for several years. He's the best candidate available. It's hard to imagine anyone being better for the role. He's hard nosed and has the runs on the board. Anyone else either has doubts over their ability and/or have no experience.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he is teed up to come coach just playing it cool saying the whole ring me line if they wanna talk at least if it drags won’t look like they deliberately pushed barrett out and got flanno straight away it looks too obvious then experienced coach is what we need simple

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If Gus considers Freddy he’s lost the plot. We’ve just got rid of a coach who had a problem stint elsewhere, there’s no way Freddy is a club coach.
Someone mentioned he just extended his Origin gig by 2 years. He is not our new coach.

• Love
Reactions: 88

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
IF we are going with Flanno, I would much prefer he get in there now and start. I just see this period if we wait until next year to start as a waste of time. They may have given up but playing wise I haven't. I want to watch competitive games from our team NOW!

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless the media have tapped their phones, how would they know :grinning:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
IF we are going with Flanno, I would much prefer he get in there now and start. I just see this period if we wait until next year to start as a waste of time. They may have given up but playing wise I haven't. I want to watch competitive games from our team NOW!
Yes sir, my thoughts exactly.!!

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at it From Flanno's perspective....assuming he was signed up (or agreed to term), & the only sticking point was start date it makes much more sense to start in the 2023 season.
It would allow him to get the coaches on board that he wants along with having the players for an off season to work on structures & fitness.
From our perspective the sooner the better, from Flanno's who wants a 1/2 season of losses on your record with a bunch of fat, out of condition players slobbing about like chooks with their heads cut off?!?!
Sucks, but wouldn't surprise me...or possibly he signs up for the last 4 matches or something so he doesn't have a long list of "L's" before being able to prepare the team to his liking....

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
gus isn’t a spastic, they’ve been in contact and he’ll be the coach, i am very very confident

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
has anyone seen the article regarding flanno wanting ennis and paul gallen as his assistants, i haven’t been on here a lot so not sure if it’s been posted

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Looking at it From Flanno's perspective....assuming he was signed up (or agreed to term), & the only sticking point was start date it makes much more sense to start in the 2023 season.
It would allow him to get the coaches on board that he wants along with having the players for an off season to work on structures & fitness.
From our perspective the sooner the better, from Flanno's who wants a 1/2 season of losses on your record with a bunch of fat, out of condition players slobbing about like chooks with their heads cut off?!?!
Sucks, but wouldn't surprise me...or possibly he signs up for the last 4 matches or something so he doesn't have a long list of "L's" before being able to prepare the team to his liking....
Yeah, well if that's how he looks at it then he's not our guy. More concerned on "L's". The club should have offered him the caretaker coach job and used the period as a job rehearsal, to a large extent it would not be reflected upon his performance however if he could get improvement out of this mob (Like a real coach should) then even better from next year with a clean slate. He could also get in and get a real good look at the players around the place and have a say on who goes and stay's for 2023, not from a distance. Not to mention the benefit of an extra 4 months or so of hard work by the new coach from now on. I just can't accept us conceding with over half a season to go and the fans now waiting until 2023. Not good enough IMO.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree but like @Dannyboi88 said, don't wanna make it too obvious he was already lined up. We still have half the season to go. Get him in a week or two and he still gets a good look at the roster for 10 or so games.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t believe what you hear in the media. No one’s going to come out and say we’re in advanced negotiations.
Fuck the media don’t give them no information that’s why they talk shit .

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I agree but like @Dannyboi88 said, don't wanna make it too obvious he was already lined up. We still have half the season to go. Get him in a week or two and he still gets a good look at the roster for 10 or so games.
By ASAP I meant in a reasonable time frame. Week or two would be fine, but this year.