Why haven't we even contacted Flanagan yet ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why in several articles in the last few days has Flanagan had to come out in the media saying he wants the job but he hasn't been contacted by Gould or anyone at the club ?

I'm concerned these reports could turn Gould (and others) off hiring Flano also.

When Barrett was sacked I thought Gould said something about needing to sort our long term coach quickly but I could be wrong but surely it is something we need to decide and announce quickly as sponsors will want to know and so will any players we're chasing.

Gus said we need an experienced coach and I truly believe that. Just hope he doesn't change his mind.

Only negative with Flano is what he does with his son but if he can't get the best out of Kyle then who can plus he's already stated that he would pick the best halfback whether that be Kyle or someone else we sign.

Malla

Reaction score
Don’t believe what you hear in the media. No one’s going to come out and say we’re in advanced negotiations.
There has been multiple coaching opportunities for Flanno that he's never been this active about in the media. It's like he is trying extra hard for the media not to find out he's already been approached.

I just hope we don't go Freddy. Either Flanno or Green would be good, but please got not Freddy.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
There has been multiple coaching opportunities for Flanno that he's never been this active about in the media. It's like he is trying extra hard for the media not to find out he's already been approached.

I just hope we don't go Freddy. Either Flanno or Green would be good, but please got not Freddy.
The only thing I liked about Flanagan’s coaching at the Sharks was his teams defence was almost early to mid 2000’s Bulldogs like. It was brutal. He was lucky to have James Maloney that really steered his team around too.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way he is carrying on I’m pretty confident he has got the gig. You don’t go around mouthing off like your desperate for the job if you didn’t know you have it in the bag. It’s clear is he is the front runner for the job but as some one said him and Gus would surely be on the same page regarding media telling them nothing

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
The only thing I liked about Flanagan’s coaching at the Sharks was his teams defence was almost early to mid 2000’s Bulldogs like. It was brutal. He was lucky to have James Maloney that really steered his team around too.
Thing is that he didn't always have Maloney. But he still made the semi's. He is happy to change halves if he thinks a better one is available who can get him what he wants. His son is not going to get a free ride (Unless it's to the ESL)>

Last edited:

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why in several articles in the last few days has Flanagan had to come out in the media saying he wants the job but he hasn't been contacted by Gould or anyone at the club ?

I'm concerned these reports could turn Gould (and others) off hiring Flano also.

When Barrett was sacked I thought Gould said something about needing to sort our long term coach quickly but I could be wrong but surely it is something we need to decide and announce quickly as sponsors will want to know and so will any players we're chasing.

Gus said we need an experienced coach and I truly believe that. Just hope he doesn't change his mind.

Only negative with Flano is what he does with his son but if he can't get the best out of Kyle then who can plus he's already stated that he would pick the best halfback whether that be Kyle or someone else we sign.
Won't be happening until at least Oct

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Flano as coach next year is going to be the worst kept secret for a while.

The whole due diligence circus will need to run its course for a while in the public.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same as how Ray Dib publicly said he’d ‘never met Dean Pay’ - a week later he was appointed coach. Don’t believe much of what you read…
Why does Melted Face Crawley continue to go on about Dean Pay being sacked.. I’m sure he walked after being told he wasn’t going to be given an extension?

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
He keeps referring to a couple of weeks, Gus has been sick so I would say within the next 3 weeks he will be appointed for 23’ it reminds me of when we signed Ennis and he was a grub.. then he became our grub