Opinion Why hasn’t there been no official announcement for Reed or kikau?

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the title states Why hasn’t there been no official announcement for Reed or kikau? Bit worrying about the Reed signing, could it be possible he backflips.?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Too much has come out in the media for a backflip to happen imo.

"The Telegraph reports Mahoney struggled with the decision before informing Eels coach Brad Arthur on Thursday.
His manager, Sam Ayoub has shut down any speculation that it’s caused tension with Arthur that could lead to an immediate release.
“Of course, like the rest of the squad there, his ambition is to be winning the comp with Parramatta (in 2022),” Ayoub told the Telegraph."

The quote from Ayoub confirms Mahoney for me and we've all seen the pictures of Kikau. I wouldn't be worrying at all.

ALSO it was Instagram official when Kikau followed Mahoney before everything blew up :D .

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too much has come out in the media for a backflip to happen imo.

"The Telegraph reports Mahoney struggled with the decision before informing Eels coach Brad Arthur on Thursday.
His manager, Sam Ayoub has shut down any speculation that it’s caused tension with Arthur that could lead to an immediate release.
“Of course, like the rest of the squad there, his ambition is to be winning the comp with Parramatta (in 2022),” Ayoub told the Telegraph."

The quote from Ayoub confirms Mahoney for me and we've all seen the pictures of Kikau. I wouldn't be worrying at all.

ALSO it was Instagram official when Kikau followed Mahoney before everything blew up :D .
Hope your right dude, only thing worrying me is ayoub’s comments earlier that day about he and Reed and parra deep in negotiations or talks when the article from hoops said parra have upped the anti in a last effort bid to keep Mahoney.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would love for the club to come out and say something about them both, Kiks to me looks delivered but Reed its still all speculation at this point and
Para is under pressure and might try and pull something.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would love for the club to come out and say something about them both, Kiks to me looks delivered but Reed its still all speculation at this point and
Para is under pressure and might try and pull something.
Reed confirmed it with his coach and the news got out before he could tell his team mates but he spoke to them Informing them all of his decision to sign with the Bulldogs.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally agree I want official and want them to officially release our new kits, plus all the new merchandise

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When have we ever had a quick announcement for our signings?

Considering Kikau and Mahoney have both told their clubs that they're leaving, their managers have confirmed the deals and multiple news outlets have confirmed the deals, there's nothing to worry about.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whats very interesting is its been reported that the managers of Api Koroisau,Reece Robson and Jacob Liddle have been offered to the Eels.
Hoping its for next year maybe this is the delay of the announcement.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe waiting to announce 3 Big names all at once..... Now who could be that 3rd lucky star???

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe waiting to announce 3 Big names all at once..... Now who could be that 3rd lucky star???
I think gus is tryimg to get one, or both of them here next year, and this is the hold up.
Who knows ?
It is GAS GUS cooking, He could be working on swap deal for the two for 2022 :-)

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think gus is tryimg to get one, or both of them here next year, and this is the hold up.
Yes Gus could also be working on selling Cotric, Thompson, or Allen to make it happen for 2022 or to get Paulo also for 2023. I highly doubt the Panthers or Eels would release their players early in a premiership window