Opinion Why Does Canada Hate Us

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stick with me (and please take into account it’s late and I am on holidays).

Each year the NRL hires a Canadian company to do the draw. There are many algorithms and other ism’s to take into account. Nineism, Politisism, Croweism and Gouldism just to name a few.

This year these Canadians came up with these teams for us to play in our first 6 games:

Knights
Panthers
Broncos
Rabbits
Storm
Cowboys

Even after a dozen cans I can safely say we were always gunna get pumped by Panthers, Rabbits and Storm no matter where we played them.

However I think it was reasonable to assume that we were a chance against the other 3 teams and that home ground advantage would be pretty important in deciding the outcome.

So what do these Canadian farkwits produce in the first 6 rounds ?? Home games against sides we were never gunna beat and away games against sides we had half a chance against!!!

Fuck you Canada. I blame you for our shitty season so far. Go stand in line with Des, Raelene, Ben Cummins, Dib, etc, etc, etc

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Each year the NRL hires a Canadian company to do the draw. There are many algorithms and other ism’s to take into account. Nineism, Politisism, Croweism and Gouldism just to name a few.

This year these Canadians came up with these teams for us to play in our first 6 games:

Knights
Panthers
Broncos
Rabbits
Storm
Cowboys

Even after a dozen cans I can safely say we were always gunna get pumped by Panthers, Rabbits and Storm no matter where we played them.

However I think it was reasonable to assume that we were a chance against the other 3 teams and that home ground advantage would be pretty important in deciding the outcome.

So what do these Canadian farkwits produce in the first 6 rounds ?? Home games against sides we were never gunna beat and away games against sides we had half a chance against!!!

Fuck you Canada. I blame you for our shitty season so far. Go stand in line with Des, Raelene, Ben Cummins, Dib, etc, etc, etc
AND they ALWAYS put us as the home team in the magic round crap!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We've had a shocking draw and this is not the season to start off against the best three teams in the comp and Newcastle away when they had everyone but Ponga.. Brisbane was a winnable one and we were diabolical that day..

Hopefully we beat Nth Qld which is must win. After that we have Cronulla at Kogarah, Parra at Bankwest and Saints at Kogarah. All of those teams have played pretty well so far so it's not an easy draw but the Cronulla and Saints games are still winnable.

If we can win at least two out of the next four (after the Storm game) but finally click in attack, stop conceding so many six agains and shore up the defence, then I'll take those baby steps heading into the back half of the season.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Knights
Panthers
Broncos
Rabbits
Storm
Cowboys

yeah fuck you Canada eh!

Last edited:

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are bulldogs and we will endure! Btw I live in Canada and I am a bulldog through and through no hate here but I guess I don’t do the draw, thankfully. Maybe they realize how tough we are!
My son-in-law is Canadian, and he doesn't hate us. Neither does his family, stuck in "Tronto" with the Covid lockdowns.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My son-in-law is Canadian, and he doesn't hate us. Neither does his family, stuck in "Tronto" with the Covid lockdowns.
Could he pop around and make that company an offer they can't refuse for next seasons draw please. Take a hockey stick.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Our draw is completely messed up. We don't play Manly until Rd 16 after playing a number of top 8 sides twice such as panthers and para. We don't play tigers until Rd 21 then again in Rd 24.I mean wtf is going on. Our last 8 games are pretty good so we could possibly go on a late run again, but this start was always going to be hard. Just destroys any confidence. The draw just makes no sense it is so bad makes you think has to be on purpose...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I personallyhave nothing bad to say aboot Canada. Those guys scare me a little bit because they throw axes for fun. Not as much as Americans who shoot guns for fun, but still..... Comparitively we hit little balls into holes on small tables. If it came to a pub fight using our hobbies I think we're going to look pretty soft having to chalk up a cue while they're sharpening their axes or filling up a clip in guns.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I personallyhave nothing bad to say aboot Canada. Those guys scare me a little bit because they throw axes for fun. Not as much as Americans who shoot guns for fun, but still..... Comparitively we hit little balls into holes on small tables. If it came to a pub fight using our hobbies I think we're going to look pretty soft having to chalk up a cue while they're sharpening their axes or filling up a clip in guns.
Yup.. NZ and Australia deff the best two countries in the world hands down.. as in peace an safety etc.. no place like home.!!