Why do you follow the Bulldogs?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My father used to watch league, When I was 5 years old, 1986, i remember sitting watching a game for the first time,
And It was the bulldogs v whoever, I remember seeing the old retro jersey, that blue and white v, and that bulldogs logo.

I some how was very taken in by this.. obviously my father noticed this, and all of a sudden had my own jersey, started being obsessed and watching games.!!! So it was by choice for myself..

that’s how my love for the MIGHTY BULLDOGS began 34 years ago, and I’ve never looked back, it started as a love affair that has never ended..!!!!!

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: the cheerleaders..... on my..... mmmm

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Born at the hospital 100m up the road from Belmore Sports Ground.

And from birth to about the age of 20 years lived less than 1km away. Always walked to the games, always walked to the leagues club and always walked to Belmore shops.

Belmore boy to the bone!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My father used to watch league, When I was 5 years old, 1986, i remember sitting watching a game for the first time,
And It was the bulldogs v whoever, I remember seeing the old retro jersey, that blue and white v, and that bulldogs logo.

I some how was very taken in by this.. obviously my father noticed this, and all of a sudden had my own jersey, started being obsessed and watching games.!!! So it was by choice for myself..

that’s how my love for the MIGHTY BULLDOGS began 34 years ago, and I’ve never looked back, it started as a love affair that has never ended..!!!!!
Great year 81!!!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Born at the hospital 100m up the road from Belmore Sports Ground.

And from birth to about the age of 20 years lived less than 1km away. Always walked to the games, always walked to the leagues club and always walked to Belmore shops.

Belmore boy to the bone!
100% you're Lebanese lol.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
When I was 4 I thought the Dogs were a boys team because they wear blue.

PS also thought the dragqueens were a girls team because they wear red lol

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Like Grunthos and Mountain_Dog, I was born in Ardee Private Hospital, just a short distance from Belmore Oval - but way back in 1948 - the same year trams from Enfield to Ashfield and Cabarita were abandoned (ever wondered why there is a long park alongside the Boulevarde in Strathfield? - it was where the trams ran); and the same year the railway line into Rookwood Cemetery was abandoned).

I grew up in Belmore, about 1 km from the Oval, and used to walk down to see every home game with my late father. Always sat behind the goalposts at the Southern end. Still think Les Johns was the best player we have produced. I had to wait until 1980 to see a GF win, and went through the heartache of the 1967 GF against the Bunnies -but loved the build up to that year, especially ending St.George's 11 year monopoly on the game.

I guess it was always in my blood.

Why I follow Carlton and West Ham, are very different stories.

Unlike Chris I wasn’t born in that hospital and I was born in 1953 but Chris is my brother and following The Bulldogs or Berries as we grew up calling them is very strong in our family.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My first real memory was having the old flag posted out front of our house and there being so much excitement getting ready for the 1998 Grand Final.

We lost obviously, but from that point onwards I was hooked. 2001 was when I really got into the Bulldogs and the NRL.

Family on my dad's side are Bankstown born (maybe not all born haha) and bred and have been there since 1970.

Wouldnt support any other team if you paid me.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
CB born and bred.
Born in Bankstown.
Raised in Bass Hill.
Schooled in Chester Hill/Sefton.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was born at Bankstown Hospital and lived at Picnic Point up until my mid 20's, was schooled at Picnic Point Primary & High Schools.

I remember as a high school kid, lining up outside Crawford's Discounts at Revesby each game day morning waiting for the Bulldogs Bus to take us to the game. We'd sit on the wooden seats at the halfway line and watch all three grades every home game and wherever we could get a seat at the away games.

I don't understand how people can have "second" teams.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
My first real memory was having the old flag posted out front of our house and there being so much excitement getting ready for the 1998 Grand Final.

We lost obviously, but from that point onwards I was hooked. 2001 was when I really got into the Bulldogs and the NRL.

Family on my dad's side are Bankstown born (maybe not all born haha) and bred and have been there since 1970.

Wouldnt support any other team if you paid me.
1998 hurt but 2004 against the Roosters was more than enough redemption. Plus beating the Broncos on the way to the 1995 Grand Final victory kind of cancelled it out.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I was born in 80 (GF win)
Brother was born 84 (GF win)
Sister was born 86 (GF loss)
My son was born 2012 (GF loss)

If it follows, next 2 relatives should result in a GF win lol

Spoonman84