Why do you follow the Bulldogs?

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Don’t really know hey?
I’ve supported the bulldogs for as long as I can remember, which is weird considering no one in my family really followed rugby league.. But I’ll forever stay loyal to the doggies!
Also was born several months after the 95 gf win, I was born on the 17/04 which is trippy because that was the gf final score.. it was just meant to be I guess hahah

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Born into the blue n white ,Dad,Mum and Nan all dogs fans .Didn't know any different .My Pop who was Souths fan used to take me to Belmore to watch and we had such great players and teams and me being a kid didnt know the greatness i was witnessing and only cared about cheering and wanting them to win .Been privileged to grow up with them as club has had a lot of success and given so much enjoyment .Love our name ,colours ,logo .Simply the Best !

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Born in Canterbury hospital, Grew up in belmore, Plimsoll street to be exact, went to belmore south then belmore boys before crossing over to kingsgrove north high, only ever known the mighty dogs and nothing else mattered as a kid. Watching the team run laps of the street going to training sessions and peaking through the hole in the gates just to see the boys. Good times.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My uncle took me to lieichardt oval in the 70s maybe 76? Dogs getting flogged at half time like 25 to 3 uncle was spewing kicked me in the arse made me sit down and stop goofing with the other kids so I watch the second half I'm about 7 yrs old more into playing than watching well the dogs get up famous comeback 26/25 hooked on the dogs ever since

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because God told me to

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unlike Chris I wasn’t born in that hospital and I was born in 1953 but Chris is my brother and following The Bulldogs or Berries as we grew up calling them is very strong in our family.
My first car was called "Les", after Les Johns.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: chimpster you have a thing for holland...... the blue eyes does it for you

Nasheed, I'll never be the meat between the you and dutchy sandwich,

Sorry to disappoint.

(ask horse head, he'd probably be up for it)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I liked blue.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

most of you who post here, follow the Bulldogs, I'm certain of this in my heart.

my question is WHY do you follow the Bulldogs?

What made you choose this team!?

Majority of you are going to have to think back to a time you may not remember, but I'm curious to here your story of how you came to be.

for me it was because I was very impressed with Daryl Halligan and I grew up in the upper north of the Bankstown area (Breakfast point) and it just led to a slippery slope of interest in Bulldogs passion, history, Terry Lamb and I was intrigued why we were so good yet never seems to recruit star players. I tried my hardest to go for the Eels from peer pressure but I just couldn't trust them, even though I liked them a lot. They are unique too. Anyway this snowballed to contributing what it is today, an undying co-passion of two NRL teams, the other has its own story.
My parents followed the eels and so did I until 1980 I was 12, and I loved how the Bulldogs were classed as the entertainers never letting the ball die, and watching Steve Mortimer do those amazing cover tackles which still amazes me even when I see old replays, will follow them until the day I die.
Doggies Rule!!!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have always been there growing up through the good and bad!

My parents brought the family over from Fiji in 88' and we moved around Sydney from Stanmore,Rockdale,Rooty Hill,Bexley,Mount Druitt, and even Bathurst until we found a place staying and caring for my ill grandfather who was living in Campsie.
He was a Bulldogs supporter and so were we by association.

We were illegals if anyone was wondering why we moved alot and one my earliest Bulldogs memories was everyone at home and in the streets/area celebrating the 1995 GF win, soon after my dad would be taken to Villawood.

I like a few others here attended Canterbury Boy's and remember an instance when Utai and Hazem came around the school prior to them taking out the GF in 04 and everyone marveling at Utai's height but more importantly his tree trunks for legs!.
I remember watching the 2004 GF at a house party, I had my first beer that night i was just 16, i thought i would also grow some balls and ask this girl out that night but I didnt and she ended up with some other bloke - fate brought her back many years later as we were together and then parted ways on indifferences after a few good years.

Sometimes the one thing that brings my sanity and the sense of normality back in my life is watching a bulldogs game whether it's in the flesh or on a tv/mobile app.
2012 & 2014 was hard on me but i expect that we should snag a handful before i kick the proverbial bucket- god willing.
Reported to border security.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My father took me to Dogs games at Belmore regularly in the late 70s and 80s. We were always very competitive. We threw the ball around and didn't die wondering. Blue has always been my favorite colour also.

SKY-DOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My parents migrated from Fiji and I grew up In Marrickville from 1981 and moved to Hurlstone Park in 1988.