Opinion Why do our players need to miss 2 days of training ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone truly understand why our players couldn't train today or apparently tomorrow ?

Like we have what 4 assistant coaches who usually do most of the work anyway but none of them could take on some added responsibility for a couple of training sessions. Furner is an ex NRL coach also ? Gould can't help out ?

I just don't get it. Did the players need time to have a cry when they helped cause some of this shit ?

Players are already unfit and playing shit. Last thing they need is a free holiday. Back to work on Wednesday with a game on Friday LOL

Barrett's extremely unlikely to ever be a head coach again and the associated pay packet. Yes he got a 500K payout apparently but do you think he (or his family) will ever regret taking the full 3 year pay out ? Yes he's proven again he's a nice guy but that was part of his problem. Nice guys finish last. A more competitive natured coach would fight for every last dollar.

Last edited:

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There is no way we change systems or make mass changes with only 1-2 days training either

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So they can catch a cold but not a footy ?

Can't they sit around playing hot potato catch the ball with some tissues up their nose. At least it's better than nothing ? They deserve to be f..king hammered

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Does anyone truly understand why our players couldn't train today or apparently tomorrow ?

Like we have what 4 assistant coaches who usually do most of the work anyway but none of them could take on some added responsibility for a couple of training sessions. Furner is an ex NRL coach also ? Gould can't help out ?

I just don't get it. Did the players need time to have a cry when they helped cause some of this shit ?

Players are already unfit and playing shit. Last thing they need is a free holiday. Back to work on Wednesday with a game on Friday LOL

Barrett's extremely unlikely to ever be a head coach again and the associated pay packet. Yes he got a 500K payout apparently but do you think he (or his family) will ever regret taking the full 3 year pay out ? Yes he's proven again he's a nice guy but that was part of his problem. Nice guys finish last. A more competitive natured coach would fight for every last dollar.
I am sure Gus knows what he is doing. Keep the faith mate.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tbh I’m not really concerned about this. I’m more worried about the interim coach, if we get rid of useless people like Ferris and who the long term coach is.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Be good if they did the beep test and triangles / coat hangers etc.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Perhaps Gould doesn’t want the assistants running the team given they are part of the problem?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's to protect them from the media and especially keep the Burton types hidden away who were close to Baz.