Why didn't we sign Benji for 12 months?

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guarantee you if we had Benji this season, we would have at least 2 wins so far.
He would have been great for Flanno and would have given us something in attack and made more use of Allen, Cotrik and DWZ.
Even if got Burton early, he would have been a very handy number 14.
What an epic fail in regards to recruitment.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why didn’t we sign grant on loan last season when we needed a hooker lol instead of him going tigers?
lol I know it’s irrelevant now, but it just came to my mind for some reason

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guarantee you if we had Benji this season, we would have at least 2 wins so far.
He would have been great for Flanno and would have given us something in attack and made more use of Allen, Cotrik and DWZ.
Even if got Burton early, he would have been a very handy number 14.
What an epic fail in regards to recruitment.
Your a manly muppet in disguiae arent you?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because it seems the fans know more about footy then this stupid club thease days. Why we got rid of cook in the first place is the biggest question. This club has been nothing but shit for years and continues in being so. Congrats on all the sponsors from head management but my god we are aweful at everything football which is ironic. Thought footy was meant to be entertaining

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why didn't we sign an experienced first grade coach with a respectable win percentage?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
when it first became talk I was quick to say bring him here for a year to be with his bro , an help out our pack. Would have snagged a win in game 1 and a win tonight.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
They thought Burton would come early

This is on the money. Burton wanted to come, they thought Panthers would let him go. It is obvious considering we kept a spot open in the top 30 until it was finally announced he wasn't coming early.

It sucks as we would have definitely gone better with him and he could coach our young halves, but ultimately it isn't a long term thing so not really that bad.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Benji is shit. Struggles to make an impact in a star studded south’s team. South’s can’t win a comp with him. He’s purely there for the odd game mid year when the stars are missing

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Benji is shit. Struggles to make an impact in a star studded south’s team. South’s can’t win a comp with him. He’s purely there for the odd game mid year when the stars are missing
Uhm, still far far superior than Avarillo, Flanno and Lewis.