Not open for further replies.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Mr I.
Why are you always having a go at people on the forum for believing what they read in the papers, social media etc. and then have the hide to post an article/video by other journos like it's gospel? Just wondering.
Not saying this piece of media is right or wrong (I admit I wouldn't have a clue) I just find some of your posts very annoying and the way you write them extremely condescending. You always sound like a school teacher handing out the lessons. Anyway that's probably not your intention that's just how it comes across.

Are you my long lost twin brother?

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really looking forward to Eddie Hayson becoming a part of the Bulldog family!

Midweek boardroom meetings at Stilettos

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we lose the next 6 games then surely Hasler's position becomes untenable and he has to go?
That would be the intelligent and sensible way to go, but nothing this club and its board have done of late indicates that they are in fact intelligent and sensible.

Even years ago when we were not as successful as one would like, at least the players had a dig and the fans had some sort of feeling that we would eventually rise again...those days are gone and many I speak to have no confidence that we can do anything good for a few years ( or at the least until Hitler Hasler departs). The place is in tatters from board to coach to players. I love my club, I really do and would never entertain supporting anyone else, but it is fast becoming like one of those toxic relationships and at the moment it is really hard to love them.........

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I really don't understand Dibs position of backing Hasler til death do them part.

If he wants to save his own ass, the only thing to do would be to sack Hasler and maybe all will be forgiven over time.

By doing everything he can to prevent Hasler from getting sacked, Dib is just putting the nails in his own coffin.

Just when I think they can't get any dumber, they stoop to new depths of stupidity.
because mortimer gave his recommendation and everyone said that haslers time was over but he ignored them and went all in by re-signing him very quickly, he couldnt wait to re-sign him

so yes they are linked and he knew when he extended that he would be in big trouble if hasler didnt work out

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are going to get flogged by penrith tommorow. Fmd i am not going to bother watching. I am going to tip penrith to beat us 50-0
Why so negative... 50-6

Last edited:
Reactions: DT

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Main message from the club and playing group is "we still have hope in making the finals". Whilst the probability of that happening is very low, what I believe is crucial is what will the club come out and say once we are officially mathematically out of contention. Right now they are just clinging to that.

What the fans expect is transparency on what the strategy is to turn the performance around and statements that will give us comfort that plans are in place to ensure we go deep into the 2018 finals series. Not willing to listen to bullshit 2 GF's by 2019 anymore and the goal of +30,000 members. What annoys me even more is there has not been one apology from anyone within the club for the abysmal performances this year. Perhaps they should take a leaf out of many coaches doing so just like Barrett did last week.

Similar to AFL, it's only natural that NRL Teams go through equalisation because of the Salary Cap. Yes we have made finals for many years however there is bound to be a year we don't make it's this year. What is critical going forward is how we recover through these difficult times. If the club asks us to have faith, only option we have is to do exactly that, but surely the club needs to give us something more than just boring cliches. I certainly await with anticipation for what's to come next.

I am normally a person that goes with the highest probability and I strongly believe we are better off without Des and we should part ways sooner rather than later. Unfortunately I don't have the power to make that happen. I will be watching with interest in the year to come to see what unfolds and just hope that things improve. Just a shame we have to resort to hope rather than knowing we have the talent to give this competition a real shake.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can't blame the world on Hasler when seventeen blokes run on the field wearing the blue V and can't put it together, don't tell me these blokes make first grade and don't know how it goes.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Whenever I see articles like this I will remind people Dib asked to be judged at the end of the season. If you can vote remember that. Get rid of one piece of the puzzle and the other will follow under a new chairman.

Fuck Hasler and Dib for what they're doing to this club.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How long until we stop blaming Hasler for everything and start holding the players accountable for the performances? Tigers game is the best example of the under performing flops in the side. The team has an attitude problem they just keep letting in sloppy tries just before half time.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How long until we stop blaming Hasler for everything and start holding the players accountable for the performances? .
Thats the coaches job since he does fuck all about it , it really all falls back on him

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Trent barret coach and dean pay is assistant coach next year des gunna get a good pay out only problem

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How long until we stop blaming Hasler for everything and start holding the players accountable for the performances? Tigers game is the best example of the under performing flops in the side. The team has an attitude problem they just keep letting in sloppy tries just before half time.
Ok let's look at it

1. Hopoate - too slow to add anything in attack, too slow to chase players who break the line. This solely falls on hasler it's not hoppas fault for being placed there

2. Brett Morris - underperforming he's to blame
3. Josh Morris - doesn't get any early ball because of haslers tactics
4. Chase Stanley - has been solid in his showings even though he gets little ball
5. Montoya - been fine
6. Reynolds - been no good this year is moving on next year
7. Frawley - started off good but being constantly shifted around has seemed to have a detrimental effect on him. This is on des
8. Tolman - should never have been re signed, The is completely on hasler and his tactics
9. Mbye - ABOUT FUCKING TIME HE STARTS AT HOOKER. This is completely on hasler
10. Graham - same as tolman and more valuable than tolman
11. Jackson - has done good
12. Elliot - should not be starting, this position shoyld be RFMs. This is all on des
13. Klemmer - should be prop not wasted at lock. This is completely on des because he refuses to drop either tolman or graham to the bench

Notable mentions

Brenko Lee - was our best attacking weapon.and he struggled playing next to frawley and holland. Lee was dropped even though penrith ran through frawley for 3 tries

Eastwood - should not have been re signed, he's been on a downward slope. Completely on des

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You can't blame the world on Hasler when seventeen blokes run on the field wearing the blue V and can't put it together, don't tell me these blokes make first grade and don't know how it goes.
Wrong. Hasler is the one to blame. His tactics are poor, his team selections are pathetic, recruitment & retention is pathetic and he won't drop under performing players. If the players were under pressure knowing they might get dropped if they don't play well then we might see some better performances. One example is Cleeland who deserves a crack but can't make the named 19 despite scoring a hatrick last weekend.
The majority of the directors sit on both boards so they are ultimately the ones who will decide whether or not they will pay Des out. if they make a decision they will be acting for both the club and leagues club.

Let's not forget the leagues club forked out an extra $1.2mil to build his centre of excellence and put cameras on every inch of Belmore. When they weigh up how much revenue they he club would have lost this year and will lose next year it is probably a smart investment.

Let's also not forget that Ritchie is very much a Des man and Zorba is a manly man and des' bud from way back. Just yesterday Ritchie defended two coaches. Daley was one, who he works with and Hasler was the other. Funnily enough they were the only two coaches who paid tribute to him when he celebrated 30yrs as a RL journo.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thats the coaches job since he does fuck all about it , it really all falls back on him
Ok let's look at it

1. Hopoate - too slow to add anything in attack, too slow to chase players who break the line. This solely falls on hasler it's not hoppas fault for being placed there

2. Brett Morris - underperforming he's to blame
3. Josh Morris - doesn't get any early ball because of haslers tactics
4. Chase Stanley - has been solid in his showings even though he gets little ball
5. Montoya - been fine
6. Reynolds - been no good this year is moving on next year
7. Frawley - started off good but being constantly shifted around has seemed to have a detrimental effect on him. This is on des
8. Tolman - should never have been re signed, The is completely on hasler and his tactics
9. Mbye - ABOUT FUCKING TIME HE STARTS AT HOOKER. This is completely on hasler
10. Graham - same as tolman and more valuable than tolman
11. Jackson - has done good
12. Elliot - should not be starting, this position shoyld be RFMs. This is all on des
13. Klemmer - should be prop not wasted at lock. This is completely on des because he refuses to drop either tolman or graham to the bench

Notable mentions

Brenko Lee - was our best attacking weapon.and he struggled playing next to frawley and holland. Lee was dropped even though penrith ran through frawley for 3 tries

Eastwood - should not have been re signed, he's been on a downward slope. Completely on des
No doubt some of the blame falls on him but even with the team he has assembled there is no way we should be -89 sitting in 13th position. We should atleast be challenging for 8th spot. 30+ floggings are down to the attitude in the team.

To me it seems like one of those years where you get instability or uncertainty surrounding the club. The players have responded to this adversity in the opposite manner we would have hoped. Eastwood, Lichaa, Reynolds and Kasiano are putting in sloppy performances. Some players announce they are leaving and that's the excuse they needed. Meanwhile Des is taking all the heat while the under performing flops are flying 'under the radar'. Stanley who has come back from an ACL injury is putting others to shame with his performances.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No doubt some of the blame falls on him but even with the team he has assembled there is no way we should be -89 sitting in 13th position. We should atleast be challenging for 8th spot. 30+ floggings are down to the attitude in the team.

To me it seems like one of those years where you get instability or uncertainty surrounding the club. The players have responded to this adversity in the opposite manner we would have hoped. Eastwood, Lichaa, Reynolds and Kasiano are putting in sloppy performances. Some players announce they are leaving and that's the excuse they needed. Meanwhile Des is taking all the heat while the under performing flops are flying 'under the radar'. Stanley who has come back from an ACL injury is putting others to shame with his performances.
Our systems are GARBAGE. Enough said.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I'm sorry dude that's bullshit. Haslers game plan is hold onto the ball, complete above 80% completions, force the opposition into mistakes and THAT'S IT!

wanna know why it doesn't work?

Certain refs hate us and they penalise the shit out of us thereby negating our field position

Defending for long periods of time, because the other team can grubbers and force us to drop out, tires out our players completely, And we can't do the same thing to the opposition because hasler INSTRUCTS them to die on the fifth when we're attacking

Our kicking game, from our own end, leaves a lot to be desired and we can't gain valuable field position

Our kick chase is absolutely shit and again can't gain valuable field position

You need to rely on your winger in returning the ball from a kick, Holland is a complete lighweigt who gets dominated and des favoured him for a long time

It's all on des mate. There are heaps of other things relating to strategy that I haven't typed because it just drags on. But it all falls on hasler

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wrong. Hasler is the one to blame. His tactics are poor, his team selections are pathetic, recruitment & retention is pathetic and he won't drop under performing players. If the players were under pressure knowing they might get dropped if they don't play well then we might see some better performances. One example is Cleeland who deserves a crack but can't make the named 19 despite scoring a hatrick last weekend.
Exactly. Our ISP team is top 4, and our first grade side is 13th. Its not rocket science, make some fucking changes des!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.