Why Bulldogs WILL NOT make the Top 8 in 2022 | NRL | Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dream big boys last to first.
With all the competition for spots up for grabs a rookie to make the hooking spot his own from our new recruits.
On the back of that dogs to fire up in 2022,let the carve up begin.
We just need all our boys to make 50 effective tackles per game average, and we will be sweet. I think our attack may be ok...as always we alI hope....

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The theory if Averillo doesn't play like Andrew Johns we will go nowhere is bullshit, individual brilliance is throughout in the new look.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our biggest problem will be injuries. A couple of big outs and we will almost be fielding the same crap from this year.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top 6 I think. Attack wise were good. Our edge defence has been a shambles for years, fox is very good fixes 1 edge. The other edge is a worry.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
You can scrape into the 8 with more losses than wins, it's not that hard.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our biggest problem will be injuries. A couple of big outs and we will almost be fielding the same crap from this year.
You can say that about most teams. We have also strengthened our depth in a big way or havent you noticed...

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Better to fly under the Radar and over deliver than have any expectations that you don't achieve.

Honestly don't give a crap what any jurno, fan or ex-player thinks.

Guys a genius because neither will half the teams unless youre the knights who default in with a F/A in the minus.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
1. Storm, 2. Roosters, 3. Panthers
4. Manly, 5. Rabbitohs,
6. Sharks, 7. Eels
8. Raiders, 9. Titans, 10. Broncos, 11. Knights, 12. Bulldogs, 13. Dragons, 14. Warriors, 15. Tigers
16. Cowboys

We can finish anywhere in that 8th-15th bracket, but I wouldn't be expecting to finish 8th, something like 12th is a lot more reasonable. 23 when we get Mahoney and Kikau is when we'll push for the 8 imo.

When I look through a lot of the rosters of the teams in the 8th-15th bracket they've strengthened a lot. It's not just us. The Dragons, Warriors and Tigers will still be hard to beat.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm just going to ease into next season with high hopes and see how expectations form based on our early games.
Same..and I'm refusing to read bs opinions from journos and other rugby league fans, they can eat an oversized hotdog with veins ...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm just going to ease into next season with high hopes and see how expectations form based on our early games.
Exactly right.
Management have done almost 100% of what could be humanly achieved to put together a competitive team.

We haven't earnt the right to be a Top 8 contender, as yet, but we are on the right trajectory.

As supporters we always hope for the best, and there's no reason, at this stage, that we can't be hopeful of doing very very well.

I'll be happy to see what the new players bring, guys like Fox, Burto, Vaughan, TPJ, some new enterprising play, renewed Bulldogs spirit and determination in defence and not being continual easy beats, with the dreaded sense that we haven't got a snowball's chance in hell of winning more than 3 games in a season.

We all said it will take a while to regain our standing, it begins now this pre-season :grinning:

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with being wrong 100% of the time.

Kinda expected when you have a flashy side and still get the spoon in 2020.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dream big boys last to first.
With all the competition for spots up for grabs a rookie to make the hooking spot his own from our new recruits.
On the back of that dogs to fire up in 2022,let the carve up begin.
Like u I’m the eternal optimist,I do believe we will make the top 6,I’ve seen a couple of their training sessions and for me combinations are something that they are already working on,there are negatives and for me 9 is the obvious one,but the one most people forget nowadays is that forwards win matches,and I believe we have one of the best in the business,if they can control games we will go better than most think.

the12thman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I get why people think this, but surely the recruitment drive hes been a part of says something about his coaching ability.
I hope you are right. I want Barrett to succeed but he is the biggest unknown and risk going into next year.

Let's hope Barrett has learned from his past errors and leans on Gould and Hanson for support