Why Bulldogs WILL NOT make the Top 8 in 2022 | NRL | Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not what I believe I think we will kick ass after a slowish start and finish between 6th to 8th position, but the clip below does put up a compelling argument....

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
For me the main variable will be the gel factor, how quickly and how well the new look line up can get synchronicity. It has been notable that training appears to have featured a lot of structure and play drills, and opposed sessions of mild contact play, which indicates the brains trust is working hard to give the players every chance to build those combinations in both offence and defense.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Same as how all the signings for 2021 didn’t radically change our fortunes. In fact we went backwards. Of course it takes time for a new squad to gel and I doubt anyone at the Bulldogs believes otherwise.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Same as how all the signings for 2021 didn’t radically change our fortunes. In fact we went backwards. Of course it takes time for a new squad to gel and I doubt anyone at the Bulldogs believes otherwise.
don’t forget In 2021 we had lost our best player by far Foran. So we lost Foran and replaced him with a dud in Flanagan.

Last edited:

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah - frustrating to see Foran have a good year back at Manly when he could barely take the field for us.
Foran was always going to do well at manly.
At manly he has quality spine and forward pack to share the workload. He can inject himself only when he wants too and have a rest when he needs to.

At the dogs he was made the Saviour and all of the teams hopes and dreams were placed on Forans shoulders. This meant when Foran was on the field he had all the weight of the fans, managemenr and the team on his shoulders and that situation never ends well.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
At manly he has quality spine and forward pack to share the workload. He can inject himself only when he wants too and have a rest when he needs to.

At the dogs he was made the Saviour and all of the teams hopes and dreams were placed on Forans shoulders. This meant when Foran was on the field he had all the weight of the fans, managemenr and the team on his shoulders and that situation never ends well.
True mate.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think we can potentially make the Top 8, but will probably be a bonus if we do. I think we will be in at least contention for a spot for parts of the season. My main expectation is to see a marked improvement on last season. But, if things fall into place early, we may surprise a lot of critics.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah - frustrating to see Foran have a good year back at Manly when he could barely take the field for us.
Aside from him selfishly playing for NZ in the off season while with us, the main factor with his durability at Manly was he was more targeted with us given the lack of squad quality, whereas they had Tommy Turbo and DCE to lighten his load and become defensive targets.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry just realised I repeated the same thing as you.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dream big boys last to first.
With all the competition for spots up for grabs a rookie to make the hooking spot his own from our new recruits.
On the back of that dogs to fire up in 2022,let the carve up begin.

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
If we had picked up Adam Reynolds when he was on the market it would be easy top 8

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
You never read the script in life, theyre not there to make the numbers up or they would stay at home.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The report didn't say anything, we didn't already know.
With the influx of quality players, they should gel very quickly.
Another prop would be handy to complete the build.