Why aren’t we signing a prop?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The forwrad the Dogs signed from Tigers is listed as a prop although he played second row in NSW cup first round - bigger enough to be a prop

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should have signed Taupau for a season. Broncos already had 2 props better than ours and they got him. Eels similar and they were chasing him hard.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Royce hunt from Cronulla has a player option for 2024. He plays like a bulldog and hopefully we can bring him back to belmore.

Guler is also another option.
Yes I like Hunt. If we got him we could probably afford both

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We should have signed Taupau for a season. Broncos already had 2 props better than ours and they got him. Eels similar and they were chasing him hard.
I think Taupau was chasing a contract worth a lot of dosh, meanwhile Bulldogs must've had their salary cap and attention for positions of need elsewhere.
I would've thought he'd be good too

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Manly didn't just sign Woods, they swapped a prop for him. St George got one of Manly's young up and coming props, Viliami Fifita, who couldn't get a run in first grade, in the swap. Manly apparently wanted the experience of Woods - we'll see how that plays out.
I think Manly have another young prop, Alec Tuitavake, who St George also wanted. Not sure how this has panned out.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
I noticed other clubs have been active in bringing in reinforcements eg nathan brown to roosters and woods to manly etc..
we are literally in need of a prop more than anyone, why arent we looking at bringing anyone in, it’s bizarre
I’d rather we play with 12 men then have either of those 2. smdh.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Locked up for 2023,24 and Sharks have a CO for 25 according to zero tackle. But as we all know contracts can be broken so worth having a chat to him.
Agree, I think Sharks intend to keep him. But they have signed so many young middles and he is 24 years old. Can't see the kid being patient forever.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Royce hunt from Cronulla has a player option for 2024. He plays like a bulldog and hopefully we can bring him back to belmore.

Guler is also another option.
That’s because he was a Bulldog for his whole junior career