Why are we the only club that has to shed players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just because we sign two players we apparently have to shed "2.5M" worth of players.

I call bullshit on that.

The cap could be going up by upwards of $2m on this year. We have four or five players off contract as well.

Every other club just sign Bird and Tedesco and the media say nothing about clearing the decks!

Is it our poor cap management or is it a witch hunt by the media?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Media witch hunt

They hate us and try and destabilise us

There's nothing about graham leaving us but media want to see is fail and Newcastle want graham so the media is up to its dirty tricks

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Just because we sign two players we apparently have to shed "2.5M" worth of players.

I call bullshit on that.

The cap could be going up by upwards of $2m on this year. We have four or five players off contract as well.

Every other club just sign Bird and Tedesco and the media say nothing about clearing the decks!

I was thinking the same thing...even if $2.5m of new signings were going in to our team...the cap is going up so straight off the bat $2.5m doesn't need to leave....every club has been working towards a different salary cap figure, we may have been working towards the lower end of the scale and had cash left over who knows....we could have 3rd party deals covering a lot....seems to work well for Brisbane as an excuse

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Did we pay 2.5 million for 2 players from our cap? I doubt it, so not sure how that would make sense anyway, the media wouldn't have a clue where our cap is.

They are done speculating on signings having taken it on themselves to announce them, so now the next best story is who will be getting let go of.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters will need to let go of a few to accommodate Tedesco I'd say.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Typical .. when we sign a player there are always articles about our cap.

Broncos/Roosters sign up a storm and nothing is mentioned.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Because the salary cap, doesn't include us. hahaha

Haven't you watched the Sunday Footy Show, where they have spoken at length about our signings & salary cap.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back ended contracts are longer allowed and NRL won't register it.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Didn't Roosters lose Maloney and RTS in the same season? They haven't had a hugely pricey team for a couple of years now. Broncos on the other hand...

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't Roosters lose Maloney and RTS in the same season? They haven't had a hugely pricey team for a couple of years now. Broncos on the other hand...
TVS was on peanuts because he was a kid. Maloney was on a bit though. Don't forget they have had to upgrade Evans, Napa, cordner, Mitchell, Ferguson and a couple of others in the last 12 months. they already have Pearce, JWH, Guerra and Friend on big bucks. The rest of their FG side is established so they get a reasonable earn. So they don't have that much space available and now Teddy has sucked a fair bit of it as well.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And they are rumoured to be shopping off a few of their backs already. Roosters in the past have seemed to have a huge advantage on us TPA-wise, but in the last few years they have haemorrhaged players.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters will need to let go of a few to accommodate Tedesco I'd say.
It is the Roosters.........

They along with the Broncos have massive 3rd party private money being thrown at them. Giving them a much bigger cap than most other teams!

They don't need to lose anyone they want to keep!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Keep in mind the club hasnt announced anyone is leaving yet. Im sure a couple will go (like lichaa), but the rise in the cap should mean we dont have to shed too many.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What is going on with the TBAS.
Are any changes proposed with the new salary cap?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I call bullshit on that.

That's why they are called the
National Rubbish League

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I call bullshit on that.

Witch hunt...
The status quo for our club...
This is the very reason why I get so pissed of with our supporters who use their trash to bag the club when it suits their agenda...
Bulldogs sell papers and generate clicks...
Fuck you you fucking media hacks...

Status
Not open for further replies.