Why are the Bulldogs recruiting more forwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerGoneLoose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Okay I've unbanned him but reminded him that joining up to troll is normally a permaban.

I also tried to convince him to give us Tedesco in exchange for unbanning, but I don't think that tactic has quite worked.

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Okay I've unbanned him but reminded him that joining up to troll is normally a permaban.

I also tried to convince him to give us Tedesco in exchange for unbanning, but I don't think that tactic has quite worked.
Thanks mate. Sorry about that.

You could try to get Tedesco but, he's an amazing gymnast, he loves doing backflips. It makes him hard to pin down. He was also a Roosters supporter growing up so you have to question how decent a person he is to begin with.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score

You could try to get Tedesco but, he's an amazing gymnast, he loves doing backflips. It makes him hard to pin down. He was also a Roosters supporter growing up so you have to question how decent a person he is to begin with.
Teddy is too comfortable at the Tigers, but I'm not surprised he is considering a move to the Roosters.

He was never coming to the Dogs and it was never in his calculations.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
hahah great minds think alike Gareth :grinning:

So was Joshie Reynolds.

So you released a Roosters Supporter in Tedesco, and gained one in Reynolds. :grinning:

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah but, Josh is reformed. He's now a good decent bloke who hates the Roosters. Just like everyone else.

On a side note, the Dogs need more playmakers. If your getting Kieron Foran I'd be looking at Ash Taylor, Kane Elgey and Tyrone Roberts. You need good kicking game to compliment Foran.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah but, Josh is reformed. He's now a good decent bloke who hates the Roosters. Just like everyone else.

On a side note, the Dogs need more playmakers. If your getting Kieron Foran I'd be looking at Ash Taylor, Kane Elgey and Tyrone Roberts. You need good kicking game to compliment Foran.
I think most of us will be happy to see Foran/Frawley with Mbye at 9. At least for next year anyway.

If we sign another playmaker we will just lose Frawley, and the guy has a lot of potential. Plus we will get him for less money than any of those guys you listed.

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think most of us will be happy to see Foran/Frawley with Mbye at 9. At least for next year anyway.

If we sign another playmaker we will just lose Frawley, and the guy has a lot of potential. Plus we will get him for less money than any of those guys you listed.
I haven't seen much of Frawley but, someone experienced like Foran should be able to get the best out of a less experienced guy. Also, you can't go wrong with ballplaying fullback. According to a rumour on the Tigers forum Moylan wants out. Apparently he wants to link back up with Ivan but, the Dogs might be able to convince him they're his best fit.

Dogs Rule

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hmmm.... Coming from a fan of a team who just signed Josh Reynolds over Cooper Cronk?

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You may ask why are we recruiting more forwards but i honestly think Woods is an inspired signing. It solves 3 problems.
1. Despite the fact the media keeps rambling on about our "giant pack", the fact is we are probably undersized right now. Jacko, Elliott, Tolman and Graham are all undersized players.
2. For mine Graham and Tolman are too much the same. Losing one and replacing them with a guy with a bit more oomph is a good thing.
3. Graham turns 32 this year. It's called succession planning.

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You may ask why are we recruiting more forwards but i honestly think Woods is an inspired signing. It solves 3 problems.
1. Despite the fact the media keeps rambling on about our "giant pack", the fact is we are probably undersized right now. Jacko, Elliott, Tolman and Graham are all undersized players.
2. For mine Graham and Tolman are too much the same. Losing one and replacing them with a guy with a bit more oomph is a good thing.
3. Graham turns 32 this year. It's called succession planning.
Don't get me wrong I don't think Woods is a bad signing. I think he's a good player but, the way he has handled this whole situation by playing it out in the media has made me lose a lot of respect for him. If you look at the Tigers forum nobody likes him at the moment. Woods doesn't have oomph though. He lumbers up to the line and doesn't bend it often. He will always make at least ten meters though and his offloads and passes at the line cause a lot of trouble for defenders. We'll gladly take Graham or Tolman off your hands.

What I was curious about was, why they would get more forwards before they sorted out their halves? I think that's their most pressing issue.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I don't think Woods is a bad signing. I think he's a good player but, the way he has handled this whole situation by playing it out in the media has made me lose a lot of respect for him. If you look at the Tigers forum nobody likes him at the moment. Woods doesn't have oomph though. He lumbers up to the line and doesn't bend it often. He will always make at least ten meters though and his offloads and passes at the line cause a lot of trouble for defenders. We'll gladly take Graham or Tolman off your hands.

What I was curious about was, why they would get more forwards before they sorted out their halves? I think that's their most pressing issue.
Because des playes the forwards as halves.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Same thing happened with Justin Poore. When he was at the Dragons, everyone loved him, yet when he signed with the Eels, they all resented him. Life of an NRL player.

Justin Poore was the shittest of shit though. I can't believe he actually played for NSW.

N

Natboy

Same thing happened with Justin Poore. When he was at the Dragons, everyone loved him, yet when he signed with the Eels, they all resented him. Life of an NRL player.

Justin Poore was the shittest of shit though. I can't believe he actually played for NSW.
He is in elite company though mate with Coward & Finch! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.