Who's That Kid?: Marcelo Montoya

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Got a lot of time for "Formula one" . Big and strong he has worked hard on his defence this year and it shows. He is always sniffing around the ball and has scored some really good tries this year. Spoke to his junior coach at the Parramatta game just recently and he has big wraps on Marcelo and another youngster ,D'Rhys Miller. Hope we re-sign him and add him to the top 25 next year.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How fast is the kid? :p

I always doubt articles that include Bulldogs winger and fast on the same page :p don't think we have had a big, fast winger since Brett Dallas :p

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To those who have watched him play, do you reckon he will make FG?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To those who have watched him play, do you reckon he will make FG?
He has some work to do but I believe he will. He is a big strong winger who knows how to finish strongly.

His coach in the juniors, whom I sat beside at the Parra game, says that he was always a step ahead of the rest and he applies himself well.

Steve Wilson

Waterboy
Reaction score
He has alway's had plenty of pace, it was the occasional mis read in defence that let him down, but he has ability. Somebody told me last tuesday night that the matts fullback Logen Dillon has run 11 sec dead for a hundred and he is 15. So maybe in years to come we will have some speed in our top grade squad.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Have high hopes for this bloke just got selected for fiji aswell , has he been re signed ?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He has alway's had plenty of pace, it was the occasional mis read in defence that let him down, but he has ability. Somebody told me last tuesday night that the matts fullback Logen Dillon has run 11 sec dead for a hundred and he is 15. So maybe in years to come we will have some speed in our top grade squad.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s/news-story/981acacf61ac60a3d90764fd4024d22b

Logen Dillon leaping ahead in league and athletics

Danielle Buckley, Canterbury-Bankstown Express
August 15, 2016 4:05pm

It’s a big leap from league to athletics, but with Logen Dillon’s jumping skills, it’s easy.

The 15-year-old has already marked himself as someone to watch in rugby league, picked for the Bulldogs’ high performance squad.

Now, without any athletics training, the Bass Hill player will represent NSW Combined High Schools in high jump and long jump next month.
“I’ve been pretty lucky [because] I don’t train for it,” Dillon said.

“It does help my footy a bit ... but it’s just for fun.”

Dillon’s athleticism and ability to “knuckle down” in training, saw the fullback chosen to represent the Bulldogs in the Harold Matthews Cup this year.

His efforts have certainly put Dillon on the Bulldogs’ radar.

As one of the boys in the high-performance squad, Dillon joins an elite group of talented young players.

Four times a year, the squad get to live like NRL players at a camp in Belmore. Lessons in nutrition, sports science and stretching gives the players an indication of what to expect at the next level.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Throw him on the wing next season ffs.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At least it feels good talking about a player that can ( and I believe will) do good things in footy. Let's hope that it is with the Bulldogs, after all he is a local junior.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wouldn't have a clue as to whether he's being kept on

Status
Not open for further replies.