Rumour Whos excited for the 1st of November?

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant wait for the 1st of November to hit, most excited ive been as a dogs fan in years, its been a dreadful few years but with a new coach and an actual salary cap now im excited to see a rebuild. I do believe we ll get Flannagan, we need a 9, so fingers crossed we start getting linked to a few, we also need Burton. I think we ll start making moves of the above and some players we havent heard about yet to finally turn this club around!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fuck you’re really positive aren’t you
No, November 1 is just irrelevant. We're already in talks with players for next season because they've all already been given permission to do so by their clubs. This date is also for 2022, not like anyone is going to be signing deals for then this early

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really, not like we're going to sign a stack of players for 22 just because we're legally allowed to.
Nobody said we would, however we are clearly making signings for next year, ie looking at Flannagan and making enquiries on others. Barrett will have much more time to think about and bring players in from Nov the 1st so yeah massively exciting.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, November 1 is just irrelevant. We're already in talks with players for next season because they've all already been given permission to do so by their clubs. This date is also for 2022, not like anyone is going to be signing deals for then this early
Nov the 1st is when we all the transfer shit officially starts, when people are allowed to start talking to clubs, ie Burton

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will hopefully be a pretty exciting off-season for us.

Apparently we have a bit to spend so that should see some exiting press releases come our way.

Followed by the excitement and anticipation of how we will perform next season.

Should be a good couple of months.

Dakdah

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1st November is when you can “legally” talk to players.....I’m sure most clubs are talking to contracted players indirectly before 1 November

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The date is irrelevant really, only for 2022 contracts and actual signings, not a great idea signing people a year early, but if you do, dont wait, dtart talking now.

I mysekf will be in contact informally with a few of these players via social media to see what i can do. i will be pushing townsend, burton and dylan edwards to us but i think JAC better fior souths.

ill also be in hoppas ear to go to melbourne

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
im excited not just for the fact that we can sign players with the money we have now but also the extra money we will have when we can move on more plodders like crichton, napa, lewis after 2021

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
By the time origin is finished there’ll only be a few months until trials start. Good thing this off season is shorter than normal, really looking forward to seeing what Barrett can do.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The date is irrelevant really, only for 2022 contracts and actual signings, not a great idea signing people a year early, but if you do, dont wait, dtart talking now.

I mysekf will be in contact informally with a few of these players via social media to see what i can do. i will be pushing townsend, burton and dylan edwards to us but i think JAC better fior souths.

ill also be in hoppas ear to go to melbourne
They will go where the money is. I don’t think persuasion via social media will influence their decision, but hey, it’s a free world, go for it!

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In one way I am excited as we definitely had a lot of turds to flush. I just hope we aren't picking up more turds and we are actually acquiring the right talent. I also hope to god something is done about our juniors because the lack of any outstanding talent is terrible given the production line we have produced over the last 30 years.