Who would you rather be the 2022 NRL Champions?

Who would you rather be the 2022 NRL Champions?

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 14 15.4%
  • Cronulla Sharks

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 32 35.2%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Melbourne Storm

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canberra Raiders

Votes: 27 29.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Raiders gonna go all the way, baby! Elliott’s gonna win himself a new bling ring

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Surprised Panthers have gotten so many votes. People forget the arrogance because a few of their bigger arseholes haven't been playing recently. Would love nothing more than to see them crash and burn out of the title race.
Raiders, Cowboys and Sharks (barely) would be the only premiers I could stomach. EAD the rest.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not too fussed as long as it isn't Roosters, Rabbits or Storm.

Cows probably deserve to win given their turnaround.

Sharks due to new coach and new players this year.

Raiders as they were dudded a few years ago.

Eels as it would be good for the sport for them to win after all these years.

Penrith due to their consistency and growth of their juniors.
Agree with most of that and either the Rorters or Rabbits bow out this weekend and I have a strong feeling that the Storm can be beaten by the Raiders as they are one team that no one would want to face in the Finals.

Cows and Sharks will drop out due to them having softer draws through the seasonal rounds compared to other teams.

Eels are playing well but against depleted and weaker sides, that's about to change this Friday night against the Panthers who will show why they're deserved Minor Premiers and most likely Premiers in 4 weeks.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll be cheering on Parra, yes I admit it just for the sake of my elderly parents who have supported Parra all their lives, not many years left for them so it's Parra for me and I don't want the Panthers to win it again either.
Interested to know how you ended up supporting the dogs?

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree with most of that and either the Rorters or Rabbits bow out this weekend and I have a strong feeling that the Storm can be beaten by the Raiders as they are one team that no one would want to face in the Finals.

Cows and Sharks will drop out due to them having softer draws through the seasonal rounds compared to other teams.

Eels are playing well but against depleted and weaker sides, that's about to change this Friday night against the Panthers who will show why they're deserved Minor Premiers and most likely Premiers in 4 weeks.
The Cocks are on a charge and seemed a lot more primed than South's and are a definite smokey in my eyes to cause a few teams some headaches.

Agree with your statement with the Eels but their inconsistencies are hard to fully gauge. Either way, shapes up to be a good final series after a few did years of it

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cowboys are my choice. I have a soft spot for the Raiders even though I am not a fan of Ricky Stuart, but that also means Adam Elliott potentially winning a premiership as well, which in the words of a famous kennel quote, makes me sick to my stomach!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
i hate half those teams. raiders, sharks or cows the only options i’d be happy to cheer on. i’m glad that souffs got no votes - instils a feeling of pride from the kennel :tearsofjoy:
Haha, yeah it actually made me smile right now looking at the results & Souths are the only team with 0 votes.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bulldogs connection to every team in the Finals:

Penrith Panthers = Viliame Kikau & Cameron Ciraldo are joining in 2023. Chris Smith is a former player.

Cronulla Sharks = Dale Finucane & Aiden Tolman are former players.

North Queensland Cowboys = None.

Parramatta Eels = Shaun Lane & Ofahiki Ogden are former players.

Melbourne Storm = Nick Meaney is a former player.

Sydney Roosters = Daniel Tupou & Adam Keighran were juniors.

South Sydney Rabbitohs = Damien Cook is a former player. Josh Mansour was a junior.

Canberra Raiders = Nick Cotric, Adam Elliott, Corey Harawira-Naera, Matt Frawley & Zac Woolford are former players.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Anyone but the Panthers

Big Vibe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cows. Likeable group of footballers with a likeable coach. Always play a decent brand of footy.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone but Parra. Fk Parra.
Don’t worry, they’ll drop out. They get a life after this weekend and may win their next game against a team lower than them in the 8 but won’t be winning the comp as they don’t have the depth.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Outside of the ‘Dogs I follow Panthers so hope they can win again.

Sharks and Cows I can cope with but neither are good enough to go all the way.

Eels are playing well but don’t have the depth and class of a few other teams. Panthers will highlight that this Friday.

While I don’t like Souths I’d prefer them over the Rorters. Don’t want either to win but feel the Rorters are on target to buy another comp.

Outside of the Panthers I hope the Raiders can go all the way. Don’t mind them, but it’s wishful thinking that they could do that.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'm going for Cronulla:
  • I love the beaches 24/7
  • I love the walk from South Cronulla to the Bass and Flinders Point lookout
  • I love Cronulla Beach Park Ice Creamery
  • I love the sea breeze while sitting on the green hills under the palms trees