9. Michael Ennis
10. Mark O'Meley
11.Sonny Bill williams
12. Reni Maitua
13. Travis Norton

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Team 1 have more teamplayers, team 2 has more individual performers. Team 1 would win

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Team 2 easily.

Number 1 reason: modern football has changed dramatically since team 1 last played, the speed of the ruck and general breakdown area and also the physicality of the game (i.e anyone under 90kgs is considered too small to play the game).

Number 2 reason: team 2 has quite arguably the greatest player that has ever graced this code - SBW.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Team 1 would win team 2 has too many liabilities in defense, and maybe too many of them wouldn't even turn up on game day.....unless the question was who would win in a game of who is the most overrated... Team 2 would win as they wouldn't even need to turn up....

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Team 1 remembering that it's players all in their prime. Turvey best no 7 and Baa would kill it over Anasta... Goal kicking no contest with Hazem in the team one too.. Every try gets converted. Tough pack and the general at the back beats Barba from team 2, Even Ben can't match Baa's support play and competitiveness. .

My score would be team 1 - 30 beats team 2 -18

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Team 1 easy. The halves in team 1 would destroy the halves of team 2.

Also SBW is nowhere near the greatest player ever. He's never even been the best player in the world at any point of his career.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Team 2. I prefer Team 1 but as good as they were, a team from the 80's/90's can't compete against a team from the last 10 years. The fitness and training has increased so much and natural talent can only carry you so far. Back then you trained 1-2 times per week and worked a fulltime job. Now days training is their job. It would be like taking the best players from the Bundy Cup and pitting them against any first grade side.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Team 2. I prefer Team 1 but as good as they were, a team from the 80's/90's can't compete against a team from the last 10 years. The fitness and training has increased so much and natural talent can only carry you so far. Back then you trained 1-2 times per week and worked a fulltime job. Now days training is their job. It would be like taking the best players from the Bundy Cup and pitting them against any first grade side.
Exactly right

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Team 1 easy. The halves in team 1 would destroy the halves of team 2.

Also SBW is nowhere near the greatest player ever. He's never even been the best player in the world at any point of his career.
No his never been voted best player in world , and as much as I hate saying it his got more talent n skill in one boot than most nrl players will ever have!!! If he didn't leave the dogs or nrl would anyone doubt he would of been one of the best players to grace the field?? Answer no!! He is a great footballer!!! Ouch that hurt lol

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
A combined team would be a dream.

01. Ben Barba
02. Hazem El Masri (k)
03. Darren Smith
04. Willie Tonga
05. Nigel Vagana
06. Terry Lamb (vc)
07. Steve Mortimer (c)
08. Darren Britt
09. Jason Hethrington
10. Dean Pay
11. Willie Mason
12. Sonny Bill-Williams
13. Jim Dymock

14. Mark O'Meley
15. Andrew Ryan
16. Travis Norton
17. Ewan McGrady

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No his never been voted best player in world , and as much as I hate saying it his got more talent n skill in one boot than most nrl players will ever have!!! If he didn't leave the dogs or nrl would anyone doubt he would of been one of the best players to grace the field?? Answer no!! He is a great footballer!!! Ouch that hurt lol
He is a great player no doubt but the Roosters record last year suffered more when JWH didn't play than when SBW didn't play. This year they're 2-0 without him and 0-1 with him. The Chiefs retained their title last year without him also.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Also for TC, Mortimer was the halfback and Lamb the 5/8.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is a great player no doubt but the Roosters record last year suffered more when JWH didn't play than when SBW didn't play. This year they're 2-0 without him and 0-1 with him. The Chiefs retained their title last year without him also.
I never said teams can't win without him..... I said he is a brilliant player and if he didn't leave league he would be up there with the greats!!! If any club had there choice between Jwh and sonny bill I know who they choose!!! And sonny giving away a few years too!!! He is and always will be better than Jwh

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And do u think it was a fluke he just so happen to be in these premiership winning teams???

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
Team 1... Although Team 2 is a great team, half of the bulldogs 2004 winning side team!!

sedgy13

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Team 1. Lamb and Mortimer at their prime would carve it up plus Lamb would take SBW out in first 15/20min then Dymock and Pay to then carve em in the second half

Status
Not open for further replies.