WHO WILL BE WOODEN SPOONERS IN 2018 ?

Who do you think will win the wooden spoon in 2018?

• Titans

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Warriors

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Knights

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rabbitohs

• Sea Eagles

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Tigers

• Raiders

• Panthers

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Titans will come last.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Tigers or Warriors. Manly.. I think cherry evans and the brothers should do enough to get them enough wins.

Johnson should just give up on that basketcase and go win himself a premiership in Australia which would be highly likely if he slotted into any other team.
If manly lose cherry evans then I'd say goodbye to them aswel.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are several contenders this year. IMO the teams that are a realistic chance of getting the spoon are......TIGERS, WARRIORS, TITANS, SOUTHS, NEWCASTLE & CANBERRA.
I reckon it will come down to the Tigers & Warriors.
What does everyone else think ?
Great thread title. You know you can edit them. Bloody roosters supporters. Lol

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
For the first time in years picking the 'winner' of the wooden spoon is going to be a challenge. I remember last year some plonker on here wanted to bet his house that the Knights wouldn't win it - hope his tent is comfortable. this year it is not so clear. I think on any given day any team can beat their opposition so it is most likely going to be the club with either the most injuries (usually Penrith) and/or the one with the most turmoil. I think the Warriors will be ordinary but not bad enough to get the spoon. The road trip by the other teams tends to get them a few wins and they have strengthened their side. I think all the new coaches will be on the up and so they won't get it. I just have a feeling it will come from left field due to some major internal problem where a long term coach will end up losing the dressing room. Kind of sounds like raiders, dragons or manly.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
You can never pick it. I'm not going to bother attempting picking a wooden spooner this year, because knowing my luck, they'll make the top 8.

For shits and giggles, I'll go either Warriors or Titans.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can’t believe people actually believe that Newcastle will make the 8. They ran last in 2017 & yes they’ve improved their roster, but not with world class players. Just about every player they picked up was unlikely to have a starting position in first grade at their former club. What does that tell you ?
They won’t run last. I reckon an 11th to 14th finish.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can’t believe people actually believe that Newcastle will make the 8. They ran last in 2017 & yes they’ve improved their roster, but not with world class players. Just about every player they picked up was unlikely to have a starting position in first grade at their former club. What does that tell you ?
They won’t run last. I reckon an 11th to 14th finish.
So ponga and pearce are not world class? I thinkthose lates are going to your head mate.
Given the roster they have had, they have been extremely competitive in most games, and they have picked some really good players. Ese'ese, moga, guerra etc etc. They will improve a lot this year. Maybe not the 8, but very close.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope the doggies get the prize, and the rest of the teams tie for second. Lol

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My gut all along has been the Raiders. The moment Josh Hodgson went down, their season went down. He's by far their most important and best player.

I'm going to throw a smokey for the spoon out there people might not like.... Bulldogs. To be fair we've got key players with massive question marks on them where they could either be world beaters or losers in the end.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
My gut all along has been the Raiders. The moment Josh Hodgson went down, their season went down. He's by far their most important and best player.

I'm going to throw a smokey for the spoon out there people might not like.... Bulldogs. To be fair we've got key players with massive question marks on them where they could either be world beaters or losers in the end.
Very hard to predict this season.
I would suggest Warriors or Gold Coast.

As to Dogs, I agree there are big question marks especially in the halves. But we do have good forwards and I will be disappointed if we don't improve on the 10 wins from last season.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
titans will be favourites for the spoon, then it’s a shit fight between manly warriors and dragons.

fr333k

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Souffs for the spoon, unless roosters get stripped

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I don't tent to make these sorts of predictions because I find karma partially has a twisted sense of humour around me.

Status
Not open for further replies.