Who will be the last 3 signings for 2021 ?

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was very keen on Naden before the cocaine thing but if we have already signed him surely the club will use this as an excuse to rip up his contract. If we're making a big song and dance about building a new culture and we're supposedly trying to model ourselves on the All Blacks, surely we can't sign a bloke like Naden as I'm pretty sure one of the rules of having a strong culture is having a no dickheads policy.

It's not the fact that he was taking cocaine that is the problem. Even if he was partying without drugs or he was playing video games till 5AM which resulted in him only getting 2 hours sleep the night before the GF, it would still be the same thing because he would still be hurting the team. We cant afford to have selfish players like that in the team.

As a footy club you can't tolerate that crap. The All Blacks or the Storm wouldnt, so I can't imagine Tbaz would, especially after recruiting Steve Hansen. Yes people make mistakes and they should be given 2nd chances but if he’s dumb enough to do coke the night before a GF I'm guessing this probably wasn't his first indiscretion. If he wants a 2nd chance I hear the Tigers are a great club
He would have been okay (before the incident) but even before it happened I hoped we could get someone much better. We haven't spent that much really especially on our 2 new halves, on Hetherington or Waddell. I want to see another centre even better than Cotric (Crichton or Staggs), a top attacking hooker, a rockstar fullback and a good prop like Lenui to replace Napa.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This 100%

Who the fuck as a professional sportsman racks up anytime, let alone on the eve of potentially a once in a life time moment and opportunity..

Phil Gould and the defence of he has anxiety issues, or needs to feel love and acceptance stuff is just bullshit...

This is the last type of bloke the Dogs want or need, what an absolute flop.

Disclaimer: I have nothing against bedwetters or spoilt brats and no tossers were hurt in the making of these comments.
It's madness mate. Madness. I don't get peoples' thinking. Crazy to even consider a guy like that. Why?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This 100%

Who the fuck as a professional sportsman racks up anytime, let alone on the eve of potentially a once in a life time moment and opportunity..

Phil Gould and the defence of he has anxiety issues, or needs to feel love and acceptance stuff is just bullshit...

This is the last type of bloke the Dogs want or need, what an absolute flop.

Disclaimer: I have nothing against bedwetters or spoilt brats and no tossers were hurt in the making of these comments.
Oh, forgot to say thanks for the bedwetter comment. I know I'm 41, but I still have my bad days so it's nice seeing you're not discriminating against me. Cheers! ;)

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh, forgot to say thanks for the bedwetter comment. I know I'm 41, but I still have my bad days so it's nice seeing you're not discriminating against me. Cheers! ;)
All good mate, bed wetting, naked chicken stalking or licking all Tim Tams in a packet only on the bottom before serving to your guests, are "all" perfectly normal 2020 behaviour.

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At the end of the day if Naden gets suspended for 30-90 days then I’m keen to sign him. He is young enough to learn from the experience and with his career on the line regarding a second mistake I’m happy for the club to take a gamble and sign him.

While using cocaine isn’t a smart choice, he didn’t bash anyone, become involved is an alcohol related incident or a sexual assault.

This kid has huge potential, offer a pathway to redemption and I’m positive he will prove to be a great investment.
No thanks, next.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All good mate, bed wetting, naked chicken stalking or licking all Tim Tams in a packet only on the bottom before serving to your guests, are "all" perfectly normal 2020 behaviour.
Appreciate the support mate. Means a lot :grinning:

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For 2021

1. Matt Burton
2. Dean Whare (12 months only & hopefully Panthers chip in at least 1/4 of his wage) Simply & Only to land Burton for 2021
3. One spot left open until we can pounce on someone who may get an early release - my tip would be they must wear the 9.
After reading the interview story on NRL.com with Panthers CEO Brian Fletcher today, I'm starting to think that Burton won't be joining us for 21. In the article, Fletcher says straight out that Burton will not be released. They could be bluffing to squeeze as much out of us as they can get, but it's because of this reason I believe that TBaz & the Club will draw a line & not cross it. Remember, TBaz said the most important thing will be to nail our recruitment. Not paying overs & not signing a player for longer than 12 months if they are not in our future plans.

Therefore, IMO we won't pay overs on a player Penrith want to shaft us with overpriced and too long a deal.

So I'm guessing after he knocked back a massive deal from England, Benji will be with us for 12 months only as he is not in our long term future plans.

So my 3 would now include Benji at a guess.

Last edited:

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
The thing I am liking about TBaz at the moment is I am not getting a sense of panic. Yes we have 3 spots left but it will be worked out. I think the signing of Flanagan has really relaxed everyone because now their is no possibility that we will be forced to play both Lewis and Wakum in the halves. Compared to other clubs such as tigers and even the roosters they are looking desperate. Saying that I really want another key signing to be announced even if its for 2022 as I think player market is going to be crazy next year with most clubs being able to free up their salary cap.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
After reading the interview story on Foxsports with Panthers CEO Brian Fletcher today, I'm starting to think that Burton won't be joining us for 21. In the article, Fletcher says straight out that Burton will not be released. They could be bluffing to squeeze as much out of us as they can get, but it's because of this reason I believe that TBaz & the Club will draw a line & not cross it. Remember, TBaz said the most important thing will be to nail our recruitment. Not paying overs & not signing a player for longer than 12 months if they are not in our future plans.

Therefore, IMO we won't pay overs on a player Penrith want to shaft us with overpriced and too long a deal.

So I'm guessing after he knocked back a massive deal from England, Benji will be with us for 12 months only as he is not in our long term future plans.

So my 3 would now include Benji at a guess.
A transfer fee would be outside the salary cap which you'd think wouldn't be an issue for us if we're one of the top clubs in Sydney.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’d actually sign Naden too if he was rehabilitated properly and on minimum wage with behaviour clauses. I don’t like drugs but he was obviously having some serious issues and I wish him all the best

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing I am liking about TBaz at the moment is I am not getting a sense of panic. Yes we have 3 spots left but it will be worked out. I think the signing of Flanagan has really relaxed everyone because now their is no possibility that we will be forced to play both Lewis and Wakum in the halves. Compared to other clubs such as tigers and even the roosters they are looking desperate. Saying that I really want another key signing to be announced even if its for 2022 as I think player market is going to be crazy next year with most clubs being able to free up their salary cap.
Also its important to remember we have only been training for a few weeks and I doubt we would have done many ball work sessions. Once we start doing ballwork Baz might decide wither one of Avo, Wakeham or Lewis can do the job at 5/8th next year. If thats the case he may choose to strengthen another area of the squad.

Unlike previous coaches we have had, Baz actually improves playmakers. I am sceptical that we have a decent 5/8th option next year but when you see the improvement in Cleary's game from last year to this year anything is possible.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
A transfer fee would be outside the salary cap which you'd think wouldn't be an issue for us if we're one of the top clubs in Sydney.
A transfer fee would be perfect for us (no player Salary Cap effect), but do absolutely nothing for Penrith (no player Salary Cap effect) as they too have profitable Leagues club backing.

Go Dogs

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fucking madness. The night before the grandfinal he was snorting cocaine. The night before. The biggest game of the year. And possibly his life. It's not like the Panthers have been knocking on the door for grandfinals continuously, so it was absolutely massive for the club to be there.

He did this knowing that they do random drug testing after games. So he knew there was a chance he'd be tested. He did it anyway.

Are you Columbian and trying to speak the gospel that cocaine is't bad or something? I can't for the life of me get why you think it'd be acceptable to sign someone like that. It's not entirely about cocaine being illegal, though that clearly isn't good. It's the fact he did this the night before the grandfinal.

Utter madness that you're talking up us signing him. Crazy
Maybe he just likes the smell of it?

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d actually sign Naden too if he was rehabilitated properly and on minimum wage with behaviour clauses. I don’t like drugs but he was obviously having some serious issues and I wish him all the best
Yep worth a 2nd chance!