Who will be the last 3 signings for 2021 ?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has it been reported when he was tested? Pre-game, post game etc?
I just presumed it was party time after the siren and then he got tested.
Alternatively, he could have used it as a PED just before / during the game. Bit risky though as he was on the bench his timing would need to be spot on.
He was tested post game they usually do it straight after a game so even if he's racking up in the sheds after the game he's got issues.

Its a headache the Dogs don't need.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has it been reported when he was tested? Pre-game, post game etc?
I just presumed it was party time after the siren and then he got tested.
Alternatively, he could have used it as a PED just before / during the game. Bit risky though as he was on the bench his timing would need to be spot on.
It was straight after the game mate so he played with it in his system

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You need to factor in re-signed players, Elliott, Averillo etc, we would have a bit left but not a whole heap.
Hopoate was also at the end of a back ended deal, his extension for next year would be quite less than what he was on this year (not sure if there are others like this). Averillo would be somewhere between minimum wage and a decent contract (you could probably say 300k to be safe). Elliott was apparently on good money before re-signing (around the same). The one I don't know about is Thompson, because it looks like he took a pay cut to come early.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if he gets a month do you want a bloke in the club that is racking up hours/days before a grand final he is playing in?
Probably not but some on here claim he's already signed with us. If that is the case then I guess we'll hear from Barrett in a few weeks / months claiming he's a good bloke and deserves another chance or maybe it gives the club grounds to rip up the contract ? I'm not that keen on him to tell you the truth but I got the feeling Barrett was keen on him and he was cheap.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably not but some on here claim he's already signed with us. If that is the case then I guess we'll hear from Barrett in a few weeks / months claiming he's a good bloke and deserves another chance or maybe it gives the club grounds to rip up the contract ? I'm not that keen on him to tell you the truth but I got the feeling Barrett was keen on him and he was cheap.
I was very keen on Naden before the cocaine thing but if we have already signed him surely the club will use this as an excuse to rip up his contract. If we're making a big song and dance about building a new culture and we're supposedly trying to model ourselves on the All Blacks, surely we can't sign a bloke like Naden as I'm pretty sure one of the rules of having a strong culture is having a no dickheads policy.

It's not the fact that he was taking cocaine that is the problem. Even if he was partying without drugs or he was playing video games till 5AM which resulted in him only getting 2 hours sleep the night before the GF, it would still be the same thing because he would still be hurting the team. We cant afford to have selfish players like that in the team.

As a footy club you can't tolerate that crap. The All Blacks or the Storm wouldnt, so I can't imagine Tbaz would, especially after recruiting Steve Hansen. Yes people make mistakes and they should be given 2nd chances but if he’s dumb enough to do coke the night before a GF I'm guessing this probably wasn't his first indiscretion. If he wants a 2nd chance I hear the Tigers are a great club

oldman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At the end of the day if Naden gets suspended for 30-90 days then I’m keen to sign him. He is young enough to learn from the experience and with his career on the line regarding a second mistake I’m happy for the club to take a gamble and sign him.

While using cocaine isn’t a smart choice, he didn’t bash anyone, become involved is an alcohol related incident or a sexual assault.

This kid has huge potential, offer a pathway to redemption and I’m positive he will prove to be a great investment.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At the end of the day if Naden gets suspended for 30-90 days then I’m keen to sign him. He is young enough to learn from the experience and with his career on the line regarding a second mistake I’m happy for the club to take a gamble and sign him.

While using cocaine isn’t a smart choice, he didn’t bash anyone, become involved is an alcohol related incident or a sexual assault.

This kid has huge potential, offer a pathway to redemption and I’m positive he will prove to be a great investment.
Fucking madness. The night before the grandfinal he was snorting cocaine. The night before. The biggest game of the year. And possibly his life. It's not like the Panthers have been knocking on the door for grandfinals continuously, so it was absolutely massive for the club to be there.

He did this knowing that they do random drug testing after games. So he knew there was a chance he'd be tested. He did it anyway.

Are you Columbian and trying to speak the gospel that cocaine is't bad or something? I can't for the life of me get why you think it'd be acceptable to sign someone like that. It's not entirely about cocaine being illegal, though that clearly isn't good. It's the fact he did this the night before the grandfinal.

Utter madness that you're talking up us signing him. Crazy

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fucking madness. The night before the grandfinal he was snorting cocaine. The night before. The biggest game of the year. And possibly his life. It's not like the Panthers have been knocking on the door for grandfinals continuously, so it was absolutely massive for the club to be there.

He did this knowing that they do random drug testing after games. So he knew there was a chance he'd be tested. He did it anyway.

Are you Columbian and trying to speak the gospel that cocaine is't bad or something? I can't for the life of me get why you think it'd be acceptable to sign someone like that. It's not entirely about cocaine being illegal, though that clearly isn't good. It's the fact he did this the night before the grandfinal.

Utter madness that you're talking up us signing him. Crazy
This 100%

Who the fuck as a professional sportsman racks up anytime, let alone on the eve of potentially a once in a life time moment and opportunity..

Phil Gould and the defence of he has anxiety issues, or needs to feel love and acceptance stuff is just bullshit...

This is the last type of bloke the Dogs want or need, what an absolute flop.

Disclaimer: I have nothing against bedwetters or spoilt brats and no tossers were hurt in the making of these comments.