Who will be the last 3 signings for 2021 ?

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn’t write off Okunbor just yet mate.
But regardless, you’re giving too much fuss over getting another winger in. The real concern is the centers mate, that’s where we are thin. We don’t have an out and out Centre. Not even one. Our centers are makeshift. Heck, I’d even go as far and say not even Hoppa is a Centre, don’t forget where he played at Manly and even when he played origin. We’re stacked with wingers. But we don’t even have One natural Centre. Just stating the facts.
True Whisperer

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Storm wanting him is enough to keep him. I think everyone can see the potential Reimis had/has. With us getting a new coach it would of been beneficial to keep him for at least 1 more year to see how he responded to Barrett. If we released Reimis without getting JAC or B. Smith (Naden would of been fine too) I think it's a massive mistake. We're also light at winger with Okunbor being out for an extended period.
If Reimis walks in and tells Baz that his heart isn’t in it and doesn’t want to play for the club, jersey, team mates, members and fans, then I wouldn’t argue and beg him to stay. I’ve always been one of the biggest fans of Reimis and believed he could have been a very good 10yr+ winger for the Dogs, but if he didn’t want to be that person, then best to let him go. We might not have negotiated a trade and maybe one day he’ll destroy us and score 3 tries in a final, but that’s one game and his attitude and lack of commitment to the team might have destroyed us for many more games/seasons if we kept him around. Of course, this is just my thoughts on the matter, I have no info and maybe he begged to stay and Baz told him he wasn’t in the future plans, but I doubt that would have been the case.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If Reimis walks in and tells Baz that his heart isn’t in it and doesn’t want to play for the club, jersey, team mates, members and fans, then I wouldn’t argue and beg him to stay. I’ve always been one of the biggest fans of Reimis and believed he could have been a very good 10yr+ winger for the Dogs, but if he didn’t want to be that person, then best to let him go. We might not have negotiated a trade and maybe one day he’ll destroy us and score 3 tries in a final, but that’s one game and his attitude and lack of commitment to the team might have destroyed us for many more games/seasons if we kept him around. Of course, this is just my thoughts on the matter, I have no info and maybe he begged to stay and Baz told him he wasn’t in the future plans, but I doubt that would have been the case.
I agree with you if that's the case, but I don't see why Reimis would feel that way with the new coach and vibe around the team (I don't think our expectations for next year are that high, but a higher chance to do something next year than this year). On Reimis' Instagram he said something along the lines that, "everything happens for a reason". If he did feel that way still I think he's a player we could of used to get someone for (there is a reason why Storm want him, that's all you really have to say, there is potential to be unlocked there). If we gave him up for nothing I think that's a real head scratcher. It's even worse because imo we're light at wing, especially with Okunbor's ACL. We could of really used him and by the time Okunbor's ready to come back Reimis could of really found his feet again.

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Geez where to start with a comment like this.....do you not see how damaged our club has been in the past when we have had various player issues? The game is a business and no one wants their brand associated with activities that could tarnish them. Also, as a club, there is something called duty of care to its employees (players). I would not want any teenage child if mine going to a club that condones that type of behaviour.
So players of today should be kept to a higher standard than players of the past? I wasn't suggesting that we condone it. It is a young bloke who made a bad decision.... surely everyone deserves a second chance. Christ look at previous/ current players and how many chances they got. Carney? Dugan? Pierce?. I thought the Okunbor CHN thing was a complete overreaction trial by media BS. Obviously other people agree as it was over turned. Would I have been happy if it was my daughter? Of course not... but at the end of the day it wasn't a good look for the game, however no laws were broken. Repeat offenders should be dealt with severely but surely these young people should be given some latitude?

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree with you if that's the case, but I don't see why Reimis would feel that way with the new coach and vibe around the team (I don't think our expectations for next year are that high, but a higher chance to do something next year than this year). On Reimis' Instagram he said something along the lines that, "everything happens for a reason". If he did feel that way still I think he's a player we could of used to get someone for (there is a reason why Storm want him, that's all you really have to say, there is potential to be unlocked there). If we gave him up for nothing I think that's a real head scratcher. It's even worse because imo we're light at wing, especially with Okunbor's ACL. We could of really used him and by the time Okunbor's ready to come back Reimis could of really found his feet again.
We might hear more about this one day. I just can’t see a new coach and coaching staff walking in and saying goodbye to a contracted player like Reimis as quick as it all happened. Especially when Baz has already been interviewed and stated that he has so many unknowns at the club and he won’t be rushed or make decisions until he gets to see who everyone is and what they offer. For those reasons I feel it was player initiated. Reimis didn’t look happy long before Baz arrived. Maybe the changes of new coach and players just wasn’t enough for a player who had already mentally moved on? Again, we could have used him and I agree we should have used him as a trade option, seemed off that we didn’t but time will tell, we still have a few spots left and potential for more movement.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This whole HOA thing feels like bs. Is it literally impossible for him to have an NRL contract registered with another club because of it? Lol.
Yeah. Rubbish. If a player under legal contract can ask for a release, surely hoa worth less than that

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Weighing in with how it be.

we are at 27.

We however KNOW who and what Trent Barrett wants. It’s no secret. The info is out there if yo asses been paying attention. Straight up.

last week he said he will keep a spot open for Matt Burton.

the dawgs are only obliged to carry 29 playas untilJune 30.
If Burton don’t come, that spot will be unfilled up until that time, then a random from development will be upgraded or they will pull such Lafai type trickery again.

that’s one accounted for.

the second is spencer Leniu, who he has been pestering and stated theee weeks back

That’s two.

three is prolly JAC yo

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Losses: Cogger, Foran, Holland, Lafai, Montoya, Reimis, Sue, Tolman
~3.5m

Gains: Cotric, Flanagan, Hetherington, Waddell
~1.5m

Roumanos, T. Katoa and Harding promoted (minimum wage)

We have plenty to spend still imo (I mean look yourself). Foran almost covers all of our gains alone.
It's not about looking at what we let go from 2020's salaries. You see, the simple fact is that we couldn't afford to renew who we let go at their 2020 salaries as we had upgraded others. In short, despite letting these 8 go we didn't have 3.5m spare for 2021.... more like 2.7m spare...then we've spent 650k on Cotric, 450k on Flanagan, we promoted 2 on minimum leaving a max of 1.3m to fill 3 spots for 2021.... maybe Burton at 450k all up still leaves a tidy 850k for 2 other signings. That's all folks. We've spent our "war chest" for 2021. 2022 we could let another 4 or 5 go depending on Barrett's recruitment abilities freeing up another 1.9m approx.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's not about looking at what we let go from 2020's salaries. You see, the simple fact is that we couldn't afford to renew who we let go at their 2020 salaries as we had upgraded others. In short, despite letting these 8 go we didn't have 3.5m spare for 2021.... more like 2.7m spare...then we've spent 650k on Cotric, 450k on Flanagan, we promoted 2 on minimum leaving a max of 1.3m to fill 3 spots for 2021.... maybe Burton at 450k all up still leaves a tidy 850k for 2 other signings. That's all folks. We've spent our "war chest" for 2021. 2022 we could let another 4 or 5 go depending on Barrett's recruitment abilities freeing up another 1.9m approx.
We could of afforded to re-sign players we let go, they were on back ended deals or just contracts that didn't represent their true value. We let them go because they were deadwood or we were looking more so to the future. Looking at the team I don't see many players who received an upgrade besides Averillo (who was already contracted for next year). The rest are around the same that they were or less (e.g. Hopoate)? I think at worst it's balanced out. I think we have a bit more personally (closer to 1.5m, not including Burton) but we'll see soon, not long now. If we don't have an amount like that remaining to spend I'm pretty disappointed with the quality in our team for 2021 (in key positions for us, compared to other teams).

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
It SHOULD be;
Burton
Schoupp
Takarangi/Leniu

but it won’t happen

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Storm wanting him is enough to keep him. I think everyone can see the potential Reimis had/has. With us getting a new coach it would of been beneficial to keep him for at least 1 more year to see how he responded to Barrett. If we released Reimis without getting JAC or B. Smith (Naden would of been fine too) I think it's a massive mistake. We're also light at winger with Okunbor being out for an extended period.
The Storm wanting him is different than the situation we are in though.

Yes he has potential, but he's played like a lazy prick most of the year.

Bellamy just has to plug him into his winning team and if he plays like he did for us, he'll get the boot.

Baz has to BUILD from the ground up. He doesn't want to build with LAZY players. So he let him go.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Weighing in with how it be.

we are at 27.

We however KNOW who and what Trent Barrett wants. It’s no secret. The info is out there if yo asses been paying attention. Straight up.

last week he said he will keep a spot open for Matt Burton.

the dawgs are only obliged to carry 29 playas untilJune 30.
If Burton don’t come, that spot will be unfilled up until that time, then a random from development will be upgraded or they will pull such Lafai type trickery again.

that’s one accounted for.

the second is spencer Leniu, who he has been pestering and stated theee weeks back

That’s two.

three is prolly JAC yo
Lucky we can read Paki/Lebbo English