Status
Not open for further replies.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Throw another name into the mix - KYLE STANLEY is off contract and would be a bargain buy.
Positives - Plays 1,7,6 & 9. Has speed. Available through Origin. Cheap. Adds to our list of Brothers
Negatives - Injury prone like his brother.

IMO - Worth the gamble as was his brother who was great for us when he played.
word has it both chase and Kyle could be heading to the shire

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Now that he's been promoted to the nrl squad this pre season, what do people think of Levi Dodd having a crack at fullback...
He's got great speed!
I haven't seen too much of him!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Now that he's been promoted to the nrl squad this pre season, what do people think of Levi Dodd having a crack at fullback...
He's got great speed!
I haven't seen too much of him!
na not fullback...he is a handy backup for the backline though.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For me ill play brett morris at fullback. Speed, power, fitness, great running game. He will add a new dimension to our attack. Curtis rona will be great for us on the wing. Ill give Mcinally, loko or levi dodd a chance to impress on the other wing depending on their form during pre-season training, trials and auckland nines. With our current roster brett morris looks the goods for me to be at fullback.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
For me ill play brett morris at fullback. Speed, power, fitness, great running game. He will add a new dimension to our attack. Curtis rona will be great for us on the wing. Ill give Mcinally, loko or levi dodd a chance to impress on the other wing depending on their form during pre-season training, trials and auckland nines. With our current roster brett morris looks the goods for me to be at fullback.
Totally agree,bmoz with a pre season at fb and new depth on the wings we finallly have some speed

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My team for 2015:

1. Brett Morris
2. Jacob Loko
3. Josh Morris
4. Tim Lafai
5. Curtis Rona
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Trent Hodkinson (C)
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Michael Lichaa
10. James Graham (C)
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Tony Williams
13. Greg Eastwood

14. David Klemmer
15. Josh Jackson
16. Sam Kasiano
17. Tim Browne
18. Moses Mbye

I would like to see this be our starting line-up for round one. If Jacob Loko can be fit for round one he has talent, size and speed and will be a good combination with Lafai. Curtis Rona is perfect for Josh Morris, tall, fast and good footwork can see that becoming a star backline with Brett Morris at fullback.

Lichaa will have to push himself this pre-season to play 80 minutes so we can have 4 forwards on the bench.

For me Finucane misses out to our much bigger forwards such as Klemmer, Kasiano and Browne. Josh Jackson has earnt his spot on the bench over finucane.

Moses Mbye has potential but i cant see him playing first grade unless its off the bench if des decides lichaa isnt up to playing 80 minutes or to cover for injuries and origin period.

James Graham to share the captaincy with Trent Hodkinson. Hodkinson obviously retaining goal kicking duties.

Frank Pritchard returns to the starting 13.

Pretty much thats the team i reckon will play for us in 2015.

2nd phase play

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My team for 2015:

1. Brett Morris
2. Jacob Loko
3. Josh Morris
4. Tim Lafai
5. Curtis Rona
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Trent Hodkinson (C)
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Michael Lichaa
10. James Graham (C)
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Tony Williams
13. Greg Eastwood

14. David Klemmer
15. Josh Jackson
16. Sam Kasiano
17. Tim Browne
18. Moses Mbye

I would like to see this be our starting line-up for round one. If Jacob Loko can be fit for round one he has talent, size and speed and will be a good combination with Lafai. Curtis Rona is perfect for Josh Morris, tall, fast and good footwork can see that becoming a star backline with Brett Morris at fullback.

Lichaa will have to push himself this pre-season to play 80 minutes so we can have 4 forwards on the bench.

For me Finucane misses out to our much bigger forwards such as Klemmer, Kasiano and Browne. Josh Jackson has earnt his spot on the bench over finucane.

Moses Mbye has potential but i cant see him playing first grade unless its off the bench if des decides lichaa isnt up to playing 80 minutes or to cover for injuries and origin period.

James Graham to share the captaincy with Trent Hodkinson. Hodkinson obviously retaining goal kicking duties.

Frank Pritchard returns to the starting 13.

Pretty much thats the team i reckon will play for us in 2015.
I do like this team except Finucane has to be in the side that's just crazy.
Even though I dont like it but Des will have Perret in there guaranteed!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Side I think will be :

1. Sam Perrett/Brett Morris (comes down to trial form of Brett we know Perrett can do a solid job)
2. Brett Morris/Sam Perrett (depending on the above)
3. Josh Morris
4. Tim Lafai
5. Curtis Rona
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Michael Lichaa
10. James Graham
11. Josh Jackson
12. Tony Williams
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Sam Kasiano
15. Frank Pritchard
16. David Klemmer
17. Dale Finucane

I think Tim Browne, Reni, Lloyd Perrett (if re-signed) are our depth in the pack along with Chase Stanley, Jacob Loko, Thompson, McInally in the backs.

Only change I could see is Thompson or Stanley on a wing for Rona and possible Mbye on the bench to help Lichaa become an 80 minute hooker or in the 6 if Reynolds hasn't recovered from off season surgery.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Side I think will be :

1. Sam Perrett/Brett Morris (comes down to trial form of Brett we know Perrett can do a solid job)
2. Brett Morris/Sam Perrett (depending on the above)
3. Josh Morris
4. Tim Lafai
5. Curtis Rona
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Michael Lichaa
10. James Graham
11. Josh Jackson
12. Tony Williams
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Sam Kasiano
15. Frank Pritchard
16. David Klemmer
17. Dale Finucane

I think Tim Browne, Reni, Lloyd Perrett (if re-signed) are our depth in the pack along with Chase Stanley, Jacob Loko, Thompson, McInally in the backs.

Only change I could see is Thompson or Stanley on a wing for Rona and possible Mbye on the bench to help Lichaa become an 80 minute hooker or in the 6 if Reynolds hasn't recovered from off season surgery.
Interestingly enough, on the Supercoach site they are predicting the same team with the exception being that they sound very confident that Morris will be fullback and that Thompson will be picked ahead of Rona.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me why people keep saying loko should be playing on the wing? I can't find one game of NRL that he has played there. People are carrying on like he is an absolute superstar. This is a bloke hampered by injury with a massive total of 4 trys in his career according to http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/jacob-loko/summary.html
Some people are even saying he should play in front of Sam. I know its the off season but come on back to reality.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me why people keep saying loko should be playing on the wing? I can't find one game of NRL that he has played there. People are carrying on like he is an absolute superstar. This is a bloke hampered by injury with a massive total of 4 trys in his career according to http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/jacob-loko/summary.html
Some people are even saying he should play in front of Sam. I know its the off season but come on back to reality.
Loko didn't play wing mate only centre. It's just because he is big and strong and reasonable fast (prior to last injury) and we have had midget wingers forever. He was a very very good centre with a lot of potential and if he can get passed his growing pains (think of SBW and every other big kid with injury runs) he would be a outstanding player for a club but I believe it is for the centre position.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, on the Supercoach site they are predicting the same team with the exception being that they sound very confident that Morris will be fullback and that Thompson will be picked ahead of Rona.
Which site is that mate? I wouldn't bank on Morris over Perrett it will come down to what Des want's. If Sione is to come in 2016 is it worth going through 2015 training B Moz to fullback? I doubt it would be a major drama for him to go back to the wing as he has almost all his career and killed it just a thought.

I am not so sure on Thompson over Rona. The fact Rona is on a 3 year deal and Thompson on a 1 kind of leads me to believe the other way.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am pretty sure it will be the same side as this season with the replacement of

Lichaa for Ennis
BMoz for Brown
Rona for Thompson (Des didnt bring Rona over for 3 years to play NSW Cup)

Thompson, Loko, McInally are all on 1 year contracts as backups and will be playing for upgrades when called up

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Which site is that mate? I wouldn't bank on Morris over Perrett it will come down to what Des want's. If Sione is to come in 2016 is it worth going through 2015 training B Moz to fullback? I doubt it would be a major drama for him to go back to the wing as he has almost all his career and killed it just a thought.

I am not so sure on Thompson over Rona. The fact Rona is on a 3 year deal and Thompson on a 1 kind of leads me to believe the other way.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...buys-at-bulldogs/story-fni3fs14-1227106092923

PREDICTED BEST 17

Brett Morris, Sam Perrett, Josh Morris, Tim Lafai, Corey Thompson, Josh Reynolds, Trent Hodkinson, Aiden Tolman, Michael Lichaa, James Graham, Josh Jackson, Tony Williams, Greg Eastwood. Interchange: David Klemmer, Dale Finucane, Frank Pritchard, Sam Kasiano/Moses Mbye

Our predicted team features just three changes from the 2014 grand final side. Star recruit Brett Morris comes in at fullback, although coach Des Hasler may opt to use him on the wing, with Mitch Brown (Sharks) the man to miss out. Michael Lichaa is set to take starting hooker duties, with Michael Ennis having left the club. Sam Kasiano, who was injured for the grand final, comes onto the bench in place of Tim Browne. However, the Bulldogs may opt to cull a big-man from the bench and play two hookers, with grand final No. 9 Moses Mbye the obvious candidate to partner Lichaa.

Notable absentees: Tim Browne, Chase Stanley, Curtis Rona, Reni Maitua, Lloyd Perrett, Pat O’Hanlon, Jacob Loko

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I am pretty sure it will be the same side as this season with the replacement of

Lichaa for Ennis
BMoz for Brown
Rona for Thompson (Des didnt bring Rona over for 3 years to play NSW Cup)

Thompson, Loko, McInally are all on 1 year contracts as backups and will be playing for upgrades when called up
I agree, Rona won't be wasted. Bmoz to FB and Perrett back to the wing.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Des throughout his career as a coach has show he doesn't drop players for playing decently.

Thompson and Perrett will be in the starting side, and have done nothing to warrant being dropped.

Perrett is solid and dependable and before getting moved to fullback in 2014, had career best form on the wing in 2013, scoring 18 tries (double any of his previous years).
Thompson was signed for one year, despite all the players we have recruited. He has shown growth and maturity for a brilliant debut season, and Des will reward him for that (and his positive attitude).

It will be up to the new recruits (except Morris) to fight their way into first grade.

Rona has already acknowledged in pre-season interviews this year that it is up to him to fight his way into a first grade spot.

Rona, Loko, McInally will all shoot it out in NSW Cup for a spot.

Worth noting too that Nines and trials will give us all an indication.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Rona was signed being told that he will get the spot if we don't sign Morris otherwise he will be first choice backup and will be trained up as a fullback winger when Perrett retires.

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
From what i seen of rona last year! He will be on the wing for us.A tall fast winger we will be shocked

Status
Not open for further replies.