Who wants to be a millionaire?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who wants to be a millionaire? Teenager Dylan Brown to test his worth on NRL market
EELS

Dylan Brown during Parramatta Eels NRL training at Old Saleyards Reserve, Parramatta. Picture: Brett CostelloSource: News Corp Australia
Parramatta prodigy Dylan Brown could hold off contract talks and test himself on the open market, hoping to make himself a millionaire.

After turning down a $3 million deal with the Warriors before he has even made his NRL debut — the highest contract ever offered to a rookie — the 18-year-old could opt to “go fishing” once he is able to negotiate with clubs in November.

The record contract offered by the Warriors was illegal under the game’s laws — he is unable to be formally approached until November this year, but gave Brown and his manager an idea of his potential worth.

“As a little kid, you always say ‘I want to be a millionaire’,” Brown told The Telegraph. “And when I saw that (offer), I sat down with my manager and had a think about it.

“But we knew that if I was to be a good halfback things could be bigger than that.

“I know if I keep working hard, I’ll be here for many more years and those opportunities will come again.”

Although he’s on a minimum wage contract at the moment, becoming a millionaire is a realistic prospect if he lives up to his potential.

“It’s week to week really,” he said.

“When (the end of) 2019 comes around, you’d rather go fishing if other clubs are interested in me, but you never know.

“At the moment I’m comfortable here at Parramatta.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/7e55149b3589e0353d9694408415c991

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fair play to him.

Looks twice as good as Lewis and he is playing behind a shit team too.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He looks like the real deal. Hopefully our club will make him a multi millionaire then. Him, Lewis and Robson would be a great combo for the next five plus years...

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm not saying he won't be a superstar but he's played one FG game and suddenly he's worth a million dollars?

How many juniors killed it in the 20's and were pumped up massively to fail at nrl level (Cameron king and Beau Henry immediately come to mind)