Who to replace JO & CHN?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've seen enough of him and Penrith to know he's rubbish, playing for us isn't going to change that. Once we missed out on Api we should've gone for someone far more reliable as a stop gap solution instead of going for someone as erratic as him that struggled to play even half a game at hooker.
He looked much more efficient over the Summer than what we have ever seen from JMK, and we at least look like we HAD a hooker on the field. Like who? I personally think we should have spoken to Siliva Havili, who played really well in the 9 when Hodgson was out for an extended period a couple of seasons ago.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He looked much more efficient over the Summer than what we have ever seen from JMK, and we at least look like we HAD a hooker on the field. Like who? I personally think we should have spoken to Siliva Havili, who played really well in the 9 when Hodgson was out for an extended period a couple of seasons ago.
Brittain. Would've been a more reliable stop gap solution. Yes Havili also would've been a handy pickup

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Oh yeah but let's give poor Deano a go with a decent team!
We signed Katoa a third choice hooker at Penrith in desperation to fill up the 30 men squad :fearscream::rage::cry:
The saddest thing...We absolutely stuffed up all opportunities to sign a high standard hooker !!!

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nick Cotric - Centre / wing
Connor Watson - Hooker / utility
Tristan Sailor - Halves / utility
Fanitesi Nui - Fullback
David Fifita - Edge backrower
Jordan Rapana - Wing
Ryan James - middle forward
Christian Welch - middle forward
Francis Molo - middle forward
Alex Johnstone - winger
Lachlan Lam - Half
JAC - winger

Plenty of talent out there.
My hit list would be:
Welch
Ado Carr
Nui
Watson
Sailor

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd suggest that all bets are off, there will be financial restructuring if RL is to continue at a professional level. Some players may decide they are going to focus on other areas of life.

We have to wait and see what happens in the next 6 months.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The last thing we needed was more cap space. We already had millions to spend in 2021 with no one to realistically spend it on. Who knows if we'll even be able to take advantage of it next year or what the cap will look like?

Why would rep players choose our club over anyone else? We just had one of our top 5 players de-registered and have a coach who has a 35% win percentage with the worst attack in the comp in over two years.. We just lost our only attacking 2nd rower who threw offloads..

Our only hope is that our juniors flourish or we sign young talent from other clubs but that just means more years of rebuilding.

The only way we'll take advantage of our cap space is if they reduce the cap by percentage and so many players are screwed over with their salaries that they'll be forced to sign with teams like ours who have space.
The big issue in regards to junior players is the lack of football they will play this year. Established first graders can stay fit and come back at roughly the same level, but the developing juniors from all clubs will not have the chance to work on their games in a team or game environment. This is a massive issue. All of our good juniors whom we all thought might be good to go next year, are now more likeky to be ready the following year.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fanitesi Nui - Fullback
Jordan Rapana - Wing
Alex Johnstone - winger
Lachlan Lam - Half
JAC - winger

My hit list would be:
Welch
Ado Carr
Nui
Watson
Sailor
I was pretty keen on Sailor (FB), Lam (6) if we end up playing Averillo at centre

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah but let's give poor Deano a go with a decent team!
I'm not a Pay hater but we should be going hard to get Flanno in. People on here will whinge and complain about what happened at the Sharks, but let's be honest, what teams are not doing the shifty? all the teams at the bottom maybe

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The big issue in regards to junior players is the lack of football they will play this year. Established first graders can stay fit and come back at roughly the same level, but the developing juniors from all clubs will not have the chance to work on their games in a team or game environment. This is a massive issue. All of our good juniors whom we all thought might be good to go next year, are now more likeky to be ready the following year.
That's what frustrates me about this season for our club. Those games and minutes that guys like Wakeham, Averillo, Renouf etc would have had to develop in FG were priceless and now their development and all the kids in the lower grades has stagnated massively.

I agree with you, the more experienced teams and players will be able to adapt to not having played in months more easily than the younger players and teams.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Big fan of Havili, definitely at the top of the 2nd tier hookers, really rate him, tough prick also...

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Big fan of Havili, definitely at the top of the 2nd tier hookers, really rate him, tough prick also...
Mate I can't believe his name never gets a mention, given the form he displayed when he replaced Hodgson.. not even from other clubs who are just as desperate for a decent hooker.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fanitesi Nui - Fullback
Jordan Rapana - Wing
Alex Johnstone - winger
Lachlan Lam - Half
JAC - winger

My hit list would be:
Welch
Ado Carr
Nui
Watson
Sailor
Friend
Milford
JAC
Cotric

Add those four to our team with Luke Thompson and I think we'll be a good shout to finish 5th-8th in 2021. If we aren't signing players to this level of quality than I think we'll struggle to make the eight.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Friend
Milford
JAC
Cotric

Add those four to our team with Luke Thompson and I think we'll be a good shout to finish 5th-8th in 2021. If we aren't signing players to this level of quality than I think we'll struggle to make the eight.
Cotric should be a target for sure. Although I think he'll stay at Canberra, especially with their squad being a genuine premiership contender. Fuck wasting a million plus on Milford though. He goes missing for at least 75% of every game he plays and aside from his running ability he doesn't offer much at all.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cotric should be a target for sure. Although I think he'll stay at Canberra, especially with their squad being a genuine premiership contender. Fuck wasting a million plus on Milford though. He goes missing for at least 75% of every game he plays and aside from his running ability he doesn't offer much at all.
We've dug ourselves a hole regarding spine players (and all positions really) due to waiting so long to actually get into the market. Milford isn't worth the 1m he's on but maybe Broncos would be willing to release him (it's up to Milford whether he takes up another year at the Broncos, PO or w.e they call it) and contribute 100-200k. They have to lose someone especially if they want to keep David Fifita. I could say the same about Latrell and David Fifita regarding "going missing". It's X factor that we desperately need. Pair him up with Foran or Wakeham.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fanitesi Nui - Fullback
Jordan Rapana - Wing
Alex Johnstone - winger
Lachlan Lam - Half
JAC - winger

My hit list would be:
Welch
Ado Carr
Nui
Watson
Sailor
Welch and James both have had numerous ACL injuries over the past few seasons so should be avoided despite them both being good players when fit.

I like Connor Watson but does he have a position? He always looks lost in the halves and he struggles to organise. He looks his best at hooker to be honest.

Molo is an animal and would be a good signing if cheap enough. Rapana would be too old. Addo Carr would want too much for a winger and will probably end up at Souths.