Who to keep from roster

Reaction score
Bulldog supporter since 1964 can you believe it!
First posting
My thoughts on who to retain at end of 21 from expired contracts.
Full list coming off contract.
I’ve seen us go through many tough periods. This is another longer one. My major concern is that the dogs are a side that traditionally makes opposition work for their points. I do believe that most of these guys are putting in their best effort and skills,but they are just not up to consistent first grade standard.

OFF CONTRACT 2021
Renouf Atoni, Dean Britt, Christian Crichton, Will Hopoate, Paul Karaitiana, Sione Katoa, Tui Katoa, Lachlan Lewis, Jeremy Marshall-King, Nick Meaney, Dylan Napa, Ofahiki Ogden, Jayden Okunbor, Chris Patolo, Kurt Picken, James Roumanos, Ava Seumanufagai, Chris Smith

I would only keep Lewis,,okunbor,Smith
I would definitely release atoni, Britt,Crichton,Hopoate,karaitiana,both Katoa,Napa,pathologist,Pickens,roumanos,
question marks? Marshall king,Meaney,Ogden,seummanufagai

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Even though Okunbor is a knob I would probably only keep him from that entire list. Smith is a maybe but don't really care. The rest have to go.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First posting
I’ve seen us go through many tough periods. This is another longer one. My major concern is that the dogs are a side that traditionally makes opposition work for their points. I do believe that most of these guys are putting in their best effort and skills,but they are just not up to consistent first grade standard.

OFF CONTRACT 2021
Renouf Atoni, Dean Britt, Christian Crichton, Will Hopoate, Paul Karaitiana, Sione Katoa, Tui Katoa, Lachlan Lewis, Jeremy Marshall-King, Nick Meaney, Dylan Napa, Ofahiki Ogden, Jayden Okunbor, Chris Patolo, Kurt Picken, James Roumanos, Ava Seumanufagai, Chris Smith

I would definitely release atoni, Britt,Crichton,Hopoate,karaitiana,both Katoa,Napa,pathologist,Pickens,roumanos,
Welcome,with the exception of okunbor,the others have been stealing our money for too long,I agree with u ,the dogs have always prided themselves on effort,I would be happy to open the exit doors on all the guys u have mentioned,I doubt any will pick up new contracts elsewhere.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
An opinion;

we should keep one of Ogden and Atoni, but not both.
I’m trying to figure out who is better quality as depth.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I would love to see Atoni mentored by Mason just to get some mongrel out of him. Kid has skills but has no bite to him whatsoever. Way too much a nice guy

Ogden Atoni and Smith as a backup i would keep. Rest can go

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it’s okenbor as to lose to lot getting extended. The Nigerian/Aboriginal wrecking ball will need to come back heavily off the pace to not be extended.

I also think the odds are with Meaney he gets extended.

jury still outon JMK and some of the untested.

I feel the only ones who’s fates are sealed beyond repair is
-Sloppa
-Britt
-Rounanos
-Napa
-Crichton
-Katoa hooker

the others have a fighting chance, with varying degrees of likelihood.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Okunbor, Atoni, Smith and Ava are the ones I would keep! Meaney is a maybe... and use to be a huge Ogden fan but he has lost me of late. Looks like he doesn’t want to be out there, so I would move him on with the rest of them.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funny how players we let go of still manage to hold down spots in other top clubs.. Morris Bros , R Smith, B Lee etc..

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how players we let go of still manage to hold down spots in other top clubs.. Morris Bros , R Smith, B Lee etc..
Not sure about that mate. Morris brothers playing for half their value to chase premierships. Smith for sure but Lee can’t make Storm side.

Montoya only in warriors because of a million injuries.

Lichha , Holland , Fualalo, etc from last year didn’t get offered contracts.

Our recruitment and retention sucks but we ain’t releasing world beaters lately

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure about that mate. Morris brothers playing for half their value to chase premierships. Smith for sure but Lee can’t make Storm side.

Montoya only in warriors because of a million injuries.

Lichha , Holland , Fualalo, etc from last year didn’t get offered contracts.

Our recruitment and retention sucks but we ain’t releasing world beaters lately
Yep, if Bmoz and Jmoz were willing to play for us at a slashed rate like the Rorters are claiming they are to the NRL, they’d still be here. They wanted to go.

Of course, Anyone who thinks the official figure is all their getting, I have a bridge over a local harbour to sell you.

The only thing Reimis has done different to when he was still playing with us is not get suspended for a snapperhead act. Yet.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jayden and Renof get another year extension to prove themselves in new look team I believe the rest are done. We are looking at a nice chunk of cap to spend on other players in our nursery and recruit a new world class front row and spine player..

DogDays

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
First posting

OFF CONTRACT 2021

Lewis, Meaney, Okunbor, Atoni, Ogden, Marshall King

With good coaching, these guys can improve a hell of a lot more.

The others haven’t shown much.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
First posting

OFF CONTRACT 2021

pathologist

How good is auto-correct, throws up some absolute gems.

I’d keep Atoni btw, like @Bulldogs09 said, just seems disinterested at times and needs a rocket up him but some huge upsides to his game.

Last edited:

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest couldn’t care less if all go. But let’s be honest it won’t be happening and the likes of okunbor, smith, meany and Lewis would prob sign with us for depth. We can’t get rid of so many players and replace them easily. Not much better out there for depth unfortunately. But the rest of the cap money should see us sign a few good/great players for 2022 I’m hoping

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gone:

Renouf Atoni, Dean Britt, Christian Crichton, Will Hopoate, Sione Katoa, Tui Katoa, Lachlan Lewis, Jeremy Marshall-King, Nick Meaney, Dylan Napa,

Haven't seen play:

Paul Karaitiana, Chris Patolo, Kurt Picken, James Roumanos,

Keep:

Jayden Okunbor, Ofahiki Ogden (on min only if we can't find a young enthusiastic forward), Ava Seumanufagai (depending on how he goes over the next few weeks), Chris Smith.

Okunbor has potential & wants to repay the club & is a junior.
Smith has been decent most times, but if we could find a younger version he'd be in a little trouble (min wage)