Who still here believes we can make the 8?

Who still here believes we can make the 8?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After Round 8 last year we had won 2 from 8 the same as this year. Our for and against after 8 rounds in 2018 was 117 (For) and 168 (Against). This season after 8 rounds we have 104 (For) and 186 (Against)...... Fair to say we need to do a lot more work on our defence.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We made the 8 all the time with Des, doesn't matter when you have no chance at winning the premiership, I just want to see improvement.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
After Round 8 last year we had won 2 from 8 the same as this year. Our for and against after 8 rounds in 2018 was 117 (For) and 168 (Against). This season after 8 rounds we have 104 (For) and 186 (Against)...... Fair to say we need to do a lot more work on our defence.
So basically in 12 months we have scored less and leaked more points

Last year was more disruptive with injuries, rumours and eventually facts of players getting moved on

We have regressed

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just heard graham Hughes I talking sport he says at this point top 8 is set with the exception of one possibility two teams

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just heard graham Hughes I talking sport he says at this point top 8 is set with the exception of one possibility two teams
As crazy as it sounds, we’ve been in 2 or 3 games that we’ve lost. They could have easily gone the other way. I feel everything is working against us. This luck will change. If that happens soon and we string a couple of successive wins, who knows. Confidence does incredible things. We’ve got talent, we just have to play like we did against the Storm more often. And no, I haven’t been drinking

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok other than the two games (Warriors and Dragons) we have been really competitive this season and played exceptionally well against the ladder toppers Storm and Rabbitohs.

The cut off is 13 wins to make the 8 going by last few seasons results.

We have 2 wins after the 7 games so far into the season.

In these remaining 17 games we play Rooster twice, Storm and Rabbitohs one more time. We most likely will lose all these 4 games so we would have to win 11 games from the remaining 13.

With Nappa and Foran coming back and young guns firing , I am still a firm believer that we have the squad to win 11 of the remaining 17 games and make the 8.

What do you think?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we want a chance at the top 8 then the team needs to drop the coach.

And we need an on field leader. Jackson is not a leader.

My dream is for Foran to come back this week and Pay to take a 6 month holiday pronto

superman75

Waterboy
Reaction score
Personally whether mathematically or how great the team is playing I don't think this playing group has what it takes to be in the top 8 for at least the next 2 to 3 seasons and I'm being optimistic and.truthfull about this. This team would play great in any reserve grade comp. But unfortunately have nothing to give for a 1st grade side. Don't get me wrong I love the Bulldogs since 1982, my heart says they are great, but my head says there is no chance. So sad that as supporters we have to endure all the shit how our team preforms and.try to be positive but you must be realistic. it is heart break to watch them play. Only a miracle will allow them.to win games.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, as long as they don't play dumb football and play to their abilities.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As crazy as it sounds, we’ve been in 2 or 3 games that we’ve lost. They could have easily gone the other way. I feel everything is working against us. This luck will change. If that happens soon and we string a couple of successive wins, who knows. Confidence does incredible things. We’ve got talent, we just have to play like we did against the Storm more often. And no, I haven’t been drinking
Living in hope you are we are done for 19 look on the bright side we ain’t the only ones season over at this point

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We’re still in it fellas cmon brudda

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
YES!!! We just need to play and give as much ball to Sue, Fualalo, Holland and Okunbor and we are a shoe in.