Who should our last 4 players be?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
On the presumption that we retain schoupp, BBO and Vaughan, who will be bought as opposed to retained,
We going to have a squad of 26.

Who should fill the last 4?

3 will nmeed to be depth.

What positions too?

im thinking:

27- Deitz. Played magnificently this year for a 120k player
28- cheese- He is a hooker
29- Woods- Still short a depth prop
30- Lachlan Lewis
31- Okenbor (I reckon a player will drop like Wakeman)
32- If we get this far then chris smith.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Expensive squad depth isn't it? He would be asking atleast 500k or something wouldn't he? I would give young Doorey a shot over Woods.
On the contrary he has actually publically stated he wants a min contract and as a result the eels and the eagles are fighting over him.

this is why I mentioned him.

for me he is the moneyball player we want after 3 injuries. Good leadership too.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
On the contrary he has actually publically stated he wants a min contract and as a result the eels and the eagles are fighting over him.

this is why I mentioned him.

for me he is the moneyball player we want after 3 injuries. Good leadership too.
Oh ok, yeah dunno. 31 next year and I'm biased because I've never really rated him. Think I've seen 1 good season out of him that I can remember..... I'm sure there's better people in the know (then me) at the club on this one.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh ok, yeah dunno. 31 next year and I'm biased because I've never really rated him. Think I've seen 1 good season out of him that I can remember..... I'm sure there's better people in the know (then me) at the club on this one.
I heard him compliment our club the other day too.
I’ll ask another way.
Is there a better prop out there for 120. Who?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
On the presumption that we retain schoupp, BBO and Vaughan, who will be bought as opposed to retained,
We going to have a squad of 26.

Who should fill the last 4?

3 will nmeed to be depth.

What positions too?

im thinking:

27- Deitz. Played magnificently this year for a 120k player
28- cheese- He is a hooker
29- Woods- Still short a depth prop
30- Lachlan Lewis
31- Okenbor (I reckon a player will drop like Wakeman)
32- If we get this far then chris smith.
Melbourne has of finally enquired about Aaron Woods.. so for all those saying he is shit, take what you will of Bellamy wanting him at the Storm.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Melbourne has of finally enquired about Aaron Woods.. so for all those saying he is shit, take what you will of Bellamy wanting him at the Storm.
What is the storm and sea eagles and eels habs in common?
They are jacked teams looking to play moneyball
Watch the panthers enquire next.

we need to be in the hunt for woods if we are going to play the same game

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After signing TPJ. Both Woods and Vaughn are no brainers. People are acting like they are going to cost us millions. Both are still only 31. Both former origin players. Both have plenty of size and most importantly experience. Both will be playing with a chip on there shoulder. We lack depth and size up front. They will cost us fuck all. Bargains like these 2 don't come around very often sign them up ASAP before someone else does.

By signing 2 experienced props on the cheap it not only gives us much needed depth but it also allows us to use our remaining cap money on the 2 most important postions we need a 9 and a 7.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
After signing TPJ. Both Woods and Vaughn are no brainers. People are acting like they are going to cost us millions. Both are still only 31. Both former origin players. Both have plenty of size and most importantly experience. Both will be playing with a chip on there shoulder. We lack depth and size up front. They will cost us fuck all. Bargains like these 2 don't come around very often sign them up ASAP before someone else does.

By signing 2 experienced props on the cheap it not only gives us much needed depth but it also allows us to use our remaining cap money on the 2 most important postions we need a 9 and a 7.
I’m with you. But even after getting them cheap, it’s going to have to be either or. 7 or 9. My other thread details that we don’t really have much cap space after Vaughan.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Nasheed youve lost a little bit of credibity after naming Woods.

How do you, as a club tell a guy he is not needed and then bring him back less than 2 years later?
Not to mention the history around his signing at the time.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bellamy has a few Aaron Woods style players over the years. He needs to fill the gaps in a very good team. For us we have enough average players, we need to get the good ones. Brenko Lee won a premiership, that says it all.