Who should be the NSW Halfback for the rest of the Series?

Who should be the NSW Halfback for the rest of the Series?

• Mitchell Moses

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Adam Renolds

Votes: 50 57.5%
  • Nicho Hynes

Votes: 31 35.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah he did buggar all last year finals.
go on please pick the bloke it will be the easiest money I’ll ever make. Last year was all off Gutherson anyway. We say how he went last origin he was woeful.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
go on please pick the bloke it will be the easiest money I’ll ever make. Last year was all off Gutherson anyway. We say how he went last origin he was woeful.
Only if you pick Mbye

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Luai can't be picked.

Luai works next to Cleary because Cleary takes on 90% of the playmaking load. Would be hard to play Luai next to Reynolds, Moses or Hynes. I personally think Moses is best fit because he's played at the 7 for the blues before, took his team to a GF last season, his kicking game is excellent and his goal kicking would be extremely important too. Play him next to Burton who also has a huge boot, he will unlock JAC and he's played with the Penrith boys before. Hynes off the bench again.
Luai did take the Toa Samoa side to the World Cup final so is capable of being the main man

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think you blokes should throw caution to the wind and really go for it. Do a Bennett and bring back the puppy fucker.. pardon me Mitchell Pearce just like he did with Alfie.

Also, don’t listen to the naysayers, pick Turbo at FB. That hammy will be fine…

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nathan Cleary & Jarome Luai have lost 4 out of the last 5 games in Origin. Neither of them are important for the Blues. Latrell Mitchell is the most important player.

In those 4 loses the Blues averaged 14.5 ppg & failed to score more than 18 points in all 4 games.

Last edited:

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds and Luai in the halves, Hynes at fullback, Latrell in centres for Tommy T.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Moses has arguably the best kicking game in the NRL. I would pick him ahead of Hynes at 7 for sure. It's out of Reynolds or Moses. I only went Reynolds because I'd have Walker at 6 & the game is in Brisbane.
Agree with Reynolds and Wanker.

Plus I wouldn't want to throw Nicho into the deep end at Suncorp.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If Freddy picks Moses for Origin then his brain is even more fried than I thought.
Watch the talk about him after we lose to the eels. We made a rubbish teddy look like classic teddy.

We are going to make Bitchell look like Sterlo on Monday...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nathan Cleary & Jarome Luai have lost 4 out of the last 5 games in Origin. Neither of them are important for the Blues. Latrell Mitchell is the most important player.

In those 4 loses the Blues averaged 14.5 ppg & failed to score more than 18 points in all 4 games.
Fatrell
Wanker
Reynolds
Cook
Murray

Try the souffs connection as the Penrith connection isn't good enough.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fatrell
Wanker
Reynolds
Cook
Murray

Try the souffs connection as the Penrith connection isn't good enough.
The connection that hasn’t won a comp in 6 years lol

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Isn’t it hilarious that because Cleary has gone down Luai’s spot is under threat?

What a myth he is!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Greenskeeper Freddy is to dumb to do it but you should be picking Hynes and the grub that was born to be an origin villain Cody fuckface Walker.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Luai can't be picked.

Luai works next to Cleary because Cleary takes on 90% of the playmaking load. Would be hard to play Luai next to Reynolds, Moses or Hynes. I personally think Moses is best fit because he's played at the 7 for the blues before, took his team to a GF last season, his kicking game is excellent and his goal kicking would be extremely important too. Play him next to Burton who also has a huge boot, he will unlock JAC and he's played with the Penrith boys before. Hynes off the bench again.
People really don’t like Luai lol. He was best performed NSW half in game 1 by a distance. Last years WC Luai dominated and Cleary was garbage. It is a myth that Luai gets carried by Cleary. Having a new halves pairing for game 2 means we lose. Nicho is overrated AF. Walker doesn’t have the temperament in big games and has failed poorly at SOO before. Moses shouldn’t even be considered. I would go Reynolds and Luai.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People really don’t like Luai lol. He was best performed NSW half in game 1 by a distance. Last years WC Luai dominated and Cleary was garbage. It is a myth that Luai gets carried by Cleary. Having a new halves pairing for game 2 means we lose. Nicho is overrated AF. Walker doesn’t have the temperament in big games and has failed poorly at SOO before. Moses shouldn’t even be considered. I would go Reynolds and Luai.
I like Luai. I just don't think he's what NSW need in game 2. I don't think Walker is either. My view is Moses/Hynes at 7 and Burton at 6.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like Luai. I just don't think he's what NSW need in game 2. I don't think Walker is either. My view is Moses/Hynes at 7 and Burton at 6.
Maybe not you bro but Luai cops it hard everywhere. Media and on here. His personality makes him difficult to like but he is a fkn gun player. Moses and Hynes might work but also means changing the whole attacking structure on both sides for game 2.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe not you bro but Luai cops it hard everywhere. Media and on here. His personality makes him difficult to like but he is a fkn gun player. Moses and Hynes might work but also means changing the whole attacking structure on both sides for game 2.
Pretty obvious why he cops it. He's Sa, he's from Mount Druitt and he isn't afraid to say what he thinks. Walsh pulled his air and nobody spoke about it in the media, if it was the other way around can you imagine the fuss.

Bolded is why I actually think they can't play with Luai. Because without Cleary it changes the whole attacking structure. I believe you need a superior kicking and running game from both your halves to win in Suncorp.

Anyway, I don't think Freddy will make changes. Only the forced changes ie. half for Cleary and if Trell is fit he's back in. The only change that I wish he would also make is bringing in Finucane. We need his high work rate.