Gilded
Reaction score
Pay will be coach next season.
I would like to see Walters however.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Kevvie for mine if only for the fact he could draw some talent.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Holbrook and whoever he wants as main assistant... with Kimmorley and Ennis on staff and we would improve immensely

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dean Pay and Michael Potter as assistant. Get rid of Georgallis.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The squad is not that great. In my view it’s good enough to be about mid table. What bothers me the most is that we are arguably stronger than last year but we are playing worse. Pay and the dogs talked the talk in the off-season: wait till you see Y after a full pre-season etc.

The other thing is we can’t kid ourselves about any other coach taking over. Say they did replace Pay with coach X and if things go well we win a few extra games. We won’t make the 8 or be in the mix for the title. To me that’s no justification for sacking Pay.

I’m just hoping he can turn things around. Steve Price at the Dragons inherited a decent squad from Bennett but failed badly. Its not the same here. The roster we have is poor.
My biggest issue is that I don't trust Pay spending our newly acquired cap space...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lol about Holbrook. A pretender. And his comb over would not survive the wrath of the Kennel.
Haha that would get a grilling, let's be honest though his attacking structures for St.Helens is great and I've seen him adapt to many changes... arguably going better without Barba

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay looks like he’d be a great assistant. Could work to a head coaches system or strategy. But as others have said he had no idea about interchange management (he had smith and ogden playing 15-20 mins when ogden was actually the most damaging runner we had).

We don’t play with a strategy or a game plan. We have chopped and changed our squad yet the blaring issues remain (lichaa only just got dropped).

Great person. Great assistant. But dude was out of his depth and looks stressed.

As a head coach you are involved in recruitment, salary cap management, support staff selection, team selection, training, game plans, in game management. And you have final say on everything.

Pay seems clueless in a lot of these areas and it’s as a result of having no experience.

Being the origin coach is simple. You select 17 players, no caps, best players in the Comp you run a few set plays in the week lead up. Then you manage the players for 80 mins before you’re done for the game.

Holbrook needs to be a nrl coach. Unlike pay he has led countless teams to success. He has done well in the uk and I think he is ready for an nrl gig. Shame we went to pay because he was a “club legend” do people forget he left in 1996 and never stepped foot back here until last season? Yet we dicked someone like dymock who did 8-9 seasons here as a coach or assistant.

Anyways. Sad to see pay was re-signed so soon. It’s like we didn’t want to lose him. In a result driven industry, guy didn’t deserve an extension when you finish 11-12 last year and have occupied 16th position all year.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is Warren Ryan still around? How about Vince Lombardi?

Either way - no matter who the coach is we are fucked for at least another 2 seasons.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nab Fab with Kiwidog7 as assistant coach/blowjob duties.

I can't see any group of players under them getting beaten, ever. They'd be invincible. And the bench rotations would be spectacular.
Even with the blowjobs we still wouldn't suck as hard as Pay.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Kennel, because everyone seems to think they could do a better job

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People probably sook about my answer and NRL would probably not allow it but I go Shane Flanagan be a good chance to get Kyle Flanagan as well but if it wasn't him I'd go Toovey or Holbrook
Would need approval from NRL HQ is very close to the Andersons

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Shane Flanagan should be chased. We need an experienced operator all these newbies are no good for us.

We may even get his son in the deal.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toovey for one reason only... he fires up and can’t stand losing.... it’s what you want in a coach and he also doesn’t accept being ‘soft’.

The negative on that is do we need another manly great at the helm?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
After us buying Lichaa,Woods and Mbye you don't trust Dean Pay? Good one!
Yep didn't trust Des either... so I don't get where this is going