Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We shouldn't be "chasing" anyone. We should be scouting well for new pups to bring through. If there happens to be a good player wanting to join and there is a definite hole to be filled then so be it. But no "chasing" and paying overs.

Why not? Every succefull sporting club chases and recruit he beat players..

It's not 1988 if you don't recruit and chase the best you get left behind

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Players off contract
Greg Eastwood - dont re-sign
Brett Morris - ??
Josh Morris - ??
Clay Priest - dont re-sign

Players off contract (other clubs this year)
Felise Kaufusi - high priority
Josh Mansour - high priority (cost less than BMoz?)
RTS - Depending on Mbye's development as a FB?

IMO our forward pack is missing 1 additional quality backrower, ie. Felise Kaufusi. If Tolman was to be released as mentioned it would give further salary cap relief. If we could nab Kaufusi we would have a bloody good pack on our hands. Kaufusi & RFM are weapons in attack, better than Jackson, but Jackson would be great at lock, better than anyone at our club. Jackson was great for the Blues at 13 last year!

8.Woods
9.Lichaa
10.Klemmer
11.Kaufusi
12.RFM
13.Jackson

Halves - Only Michael Morgan is available and you can bet your bottom dollar he will take JT's money. We have Cogger coming across, Wakeham with big wraps on him, Foran (hopefully does not break down) and Mbye as a last resort. I think we just have to persist with what we have and hopefully the flowers blossom.

Backline - Big question mark is with Mbye at FB and to be honest he needs atleast a full season at FB to make any decisions if FB is where his future lies. You have guys like RTS and Coote off contract and its bloody hard to make a play at them when Mbye needs time? What do you do?

Morris boys are getting on with age and is their anything better off contract? Mansour is off contract and a winger who consistently makes big metres and breaks tackles with ease. He would defintely be a suitable replacement for BMoz and a winger we need as Montoya & Hoppa are not known for breaking tackles and making big metres on kick returns and coming out of our redzone.

Will Suli blossom? Who the fark knows!

Our recruitment for 2019 and beyond, should begin right now and its a bloody hard decision to put the puzzle together as there are so many question marks on positions and players getting on with age and recovering from years of Des Ball

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Players off contract
Brett Morris - ??
Josh Morris - ??

IMO our forward pack is missing 1 additional quality backrower, ie. Felise Kaufusi. If Tolman was to be released as mentioned it would give further salary cap relief. If we could nab Kaufusi we would have a bloody good pack on our hands. Kaufusi & RFM are weapons in attack, better than Jackson, but Jackson would be great at lock, better than anyone at our club. Jackson was great for the Blues at 13 last year!

8.Woods
9.Lichaa
10.Klemmer
11.Kaufusi
12.RFM
13.Jackson

Halves - Only Michael Morgan is available and you can bet your bottom dollar he will take JT's money. We have Cogger coming across, Wakeham with big wraps on him, Foran (hopefully does not break down) and Mbye as a last resort. I think we just have to persist with what we have and hopefully the flowers blossom.

Backline - Big question mark is with Mbye at FB and to be honest he needs atleast a full season at FB to make any decisions if FB is where his future lies. You have guys like RTS and Coote off contract and its bloody hard to make a play at them when Mbye needs time? What do you do?

Morris boys are getting on with age and is their anything better off contract? Mansour is off contract and a winger who consistently makes big metres and breaks tackles with ease. He would defintely be a suitable replacement for BMoz and a winger we need as Montoya & Hoppa are not known for breaking tackles and making big metres on kick returns and coming out of our redzone.

Our recruitment for 2019 and beyond, should begin right now and its a bloody hard decision to put the puzzle together as there are so many question marks on positions and players getting on with age and recovering from years of Des Ball
Would be a great forward pack, although i have doubts over Kafusi still. Proctor was an animal at Storm and look at him now. I want the young centre Z.Lomax from Dragons to.

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would be a great forward pack, although i have doubts over Kafusi still. Proctor was an animal at Storm and look at him now. I want the young centre Z.Lomax from Dragons to.
I know what your saying in regards to Proctor, Hoffman, Guerra, etc.

But watching Kaufusi over the last couple of years he has evolved into a premier 80min backrower in defence and attack. He was also brilliant for the Kangaroos and QLD but it sure does help when you have the likes of Cronk & Smith picking out defenders and putting you through the holes, something which Kaufusi is brilliant at - running great lines.

If Foran is up to speed physically & mentally I am sure he can provide great service to his backrowers.

Never heard of Lomax.

Looking through players off contract this season their certainly isnt much quality available for backline positions!

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Players off contract
Brett Morris - ??
Josh Morris - ??

8.Woods
9.Lichaa
10.Klemmer
11.Kaufusi
12.RFM
13.Jackson

We definitely have to start looking at life after Morris Bros, but the thing is we have to start targeting replacements immediately.

I agree with you in regards to Mansour, as we desperately need a winger who brings the ball back with gusto and can break tackles with ease.

I would bite the bullet and go all out for RTS and Mansour, and if successful you have your backline sorted out and have Mbye as our stop gap FB for 2018. You would also think Morris Bros salaries would cover RTS and Mansour.

1. RTS
2. Mansour
3. Mbye
4. Hopoate
5. Montoya

With Eastwood off contract and reportedly on a back ended contract of 800k that would surely be the bickies to nab Kaufusi. I agree that Tolman would not be required and with a part of his salary which would become available along with Graham & Kasianos part we are forking out we would have additonal funds to strengthen our bench if required and add depth.

Another player off contract who "could" add something at the right price would be Jackson Hastings? Would he compliment Foran? He is also a goalkicker, not the greatest but better than what we have. Will Cogger be ready? So many questions!

We would look pretty good with a team consisting of

1. RTS
2. Mansour
3. Mbye
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya
6. Cogger/Hastings
7. Foran
8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. RFM
12. Kaufusi
13. Jackson

14. Tualau
15. Ofgen kid (looks very promising)
16. Fualalo
17. Hastings? Backrower?

God knows what Hasler and Dib were thinking with Brown

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How about Watkins from England? Ain't bad at all.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
2018 hasn’t kicked off and we talking about 2019 lol

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Finucane only just signed a new deal last uear with storm but what are contracts these days anyway. If he got a release he would be my pick, should of never let him go.
If tolman goes maybe a front rower

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dude the season hasn’t even started

Plan all the fk you want chief I’m just looking forward to watching my 2018 team first and supporting the squad we have before I think of 2019

Enjoy your hypothetical shopping list fella

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mansour would be an absolute dud of a signing, complete waste of $$$. Not required.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dude the season hasn’t even started

Plan all the fk you want chief I’m just looking forward to watching my 2018 team first and supporting the squad we have before I think of 2019

Enjoy your hypothetical shopping list fella
Go get em tiger!

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wishlist as of now:

Nat Butcher (3 year deal/250k a season)
Tevita Pangai Jr (2 year deal/200k a season)
Joseph Manu (4 year deal/450k a season)
**Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (3 year deal/1 million a season)

*RTS will all come down to how Mbye goes at fullback, if he kills it then we are better off saving the money for 2019.

I don't want to just spend money for the sake off it, Even if we have 1 million left in the bank just save it until the next season where the likes of Latrell Mitchell, Bevan French, Coen Hess, Fuistua, Munster and Holmes are all off contract.

If Mbye fires then I'd love to go into next season looking like this:

1. Mbye
2. Montoya
3. Manu
4. Hopoate
5. Suli
6. Foran
7. Cogger
8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Butcher

14. Fualalo
15. Pangai Jr
16. Elliot
17. Ogden

The bench would be damaging, Pangai adds some nice size and the other 3 all have nice potential, that backline though, the speed oh.my.god, we would run circles round the opposition. The starting pack are still all young enough to play together for at least the next 6-7 years if they wish.
What is wrong with you?

Where is Tolman?

If we are talking damage he creates more damage to our attack than anyone you named on the bench.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would have a red hot crack at Michael Morgan, but as someone has already mentioned there is Buckleys chance of that happening as he will be JT's successor at the Cowboys.

Mansour would be a terrific signing along with Kaufusi, and much needed signings

Im not sold on RTS and his defence. There is no question about the ability he has in attack, but surely his stint at the Warriors has greatly reduced his worth and asking price

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Not really much out there. I have a feeling we will end up wit him Mansour or at least have a massive crack at him. Other than that I wouldn’t bother with any of the established players that are available.

I would have another crack at Nat Butcher. Apparently we were close last time and roosters seem to be keeping him around to stop him going anywhere else

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Difficult to say who we’ll need next year, when we haven’t kicked a ball this year.
You’d imagine eastwood and the Morris twin
will not be kept on. We’ll need to cover them either with established players or depth signings if members of our current squad show they are ready to step up

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone want Oates for the backrow?

Apparently, he has a really dodgy knee but he looks comfortable playing on it now and we are in the need of a good backrower, he is being chased heavily by the Storm and South Sydney and with Bennett refusing to let him move into the forward pack he is now looking to get out of there.